Multiple Mini Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentite24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice out there for MMI interviews? Ohio State has this format with four 15 minute stations... From past year's OSU threads people seem to enjoy this interview and see it as not very intimidating, though there's not much detail on interview content provided..

What type of questions would you typically see in a DENTAL MMI interview? I've seen a lot of stuff on medical school MMI's, but I was just curious what specifically dental applicants have seen in the past

And, is there really any way to prepare for these types of interviews? Should I even bring a portfolio or anything to write on for this type of interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Any advice out there for MMI interviews? Ohio State has this format with four 15 minute stations... From past year's OSU threads people seem to enjoy this interview and see it as not very intimidating, though there's not much detail on interview content provided..

What type of questions would you typically see in a DENTAL MMI interview? I've seen a lot of stuff on medical school MMI's, but I was just curious what specifically dental applicants have seen in the past

And, is there really any way to prepare for these types of interviews? Should I even bring a portfolio or anything to write on for this type of interview?
You will basically have a scenario with an issue of some sort, typically, patient issue. So, you have show how you resolve the issue. Some schools use actual actors for the mmi, so the scenario will be acted pretty realistically. The best thing you can do to prepare for that kind of i terview is just relax. Trust me, they will not try to test your science knowledge.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
About half of my interviews we're MMI when I was on the interview trail. The one situation that was consistent was one that questioned what you would do if you caught or observed someone cheating.

Reactions: 2 users
About half of my interviews we're MMI when I was on the interview trail. The one situation that was consistent was one that questioned what you would do if you caught or observed someone cheating.
Of the schools you interviewed at, which ones were MMI?

Found this SDN article interesting on MMI: Top 8 Strategies to Prepare For and Ace Your Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) - Student Doctor Network

There's lots of sample questions on Google as well. But I think you should first develop some sort of strategy maybe? Otherwise it's so easy to get overwhelmed with so many different sample questions.

There's lots of sample questions on Google as well. But I think you should first develop some sort of strategy maybe? Otherwise it's so easy to get overwhelmed with so many different sample questions.
Yeh - definitely seen people get completely overwhelmed and burned out from trying to do every sample question they find!

Any trusted or better sources for sample questions when Googling that you know about. Thx in advance.

I only remember one scenario question when I interviewed at (the) Ohio State. Mostly you will just field questions from one or two people that are pretty typical interview questions. The frustrating part is that you don't have a lot of time to go into issues, so practice answering in depth questions briefly. The good part is that if you find one interviewer not so great you won't be with them for long.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for the further advice and details :)

Reactions: 1 user