• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
About the Ads

MeowMix

Explaining "Post-Call"
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
theDr. said:
i can't remember...please remind me ...PLEASE
Look at the units. If you forget during the MCAT, carrying the units through your calculations will often answer half the question.

Now stop studying and go and have some fun.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
blz said:
wait...wth is entropy!??!
It's the changing condition of the typical pre-med as the MCAT approaches. ;)

Wahooali

The Real Sydney Bristow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Visit site
Status
UCLAstudent said:
It's the changing condition of the typical pre-med as the MCAT approaches. ;)
Good one UCLA.

Quick question though: when do you multiply by the coefficients, and when do you not when dealing with all those Enthalpies, Entropies, Energies, etc. ???

Nuel

15+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2003
Rap Group Home
Visit site
Status
Wahooali said:
Good one UCLA.

Quick question though: when do you multiply by the coefficients, and when do you not when dealing with all those Enthalpies, Entropies, Energies, etc. ???
I think enthalpy of entities in their elemental state is 0 J for enthalpy of formation. But as far as there are moles you just have to multiply by the coefficients.

About the Ads