MUSC Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: **** The Official MUSC 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Link to interview prep: Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Fellow MUSC applicants, has anyone done the supplemental yet? I just finished it and noticed there's no essay questions?!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I completed the supplemental application as well.

Question, under "Mark as Complete" does your status also indicate "Not Yet" even though we completed/submitted the AADSAS Application and their Supplemental?

Just got an email from MUSC letting me know that my app is complete and under review. “Admissions interviews will be offered virtually for the 2020-2021 cycle and take place September through February. If you are selected by the admissions committee for an interview you will be notified via email.”

Just got an email from MUSC letting me know that my app is complete and under review. “Admissions interviews will be offered virtually for the 2020-2021 cycle and take place September through February. If you are selected by the admissions committee for an interview you will be notified via email.”

When did your supplemental application get marked as complete?

The day I received the email, 7/10/2020. I submitted AADSAS 6/18/2020 and supplemental 7/1/2020.

• Wow
I still haven’t received any email from them to complete the supplemental application. Is that normal ?

I still haven’t received any email from them to complete the supplemental application. Is that normal ?
It took time for me. I Submitted my application on June 16 and received the secondaries 11 days ago.

It took time for me. I Submitted my application on June 16 and received the secondaries 11 days ago.
I submitted mine June 16 too. Are we not supposed to do it until we receive an email?

I submitted mine June 16 too. Are we not supposed to do it until we receive an email?
I would email them. Let them know all your concerns ask them if there is anything you can do.

I didn't receive an email directing me to the supplemental. You just have to go on the website and complete it! the initial email that notified me that my AADSAS was received by the school said that the supplemental would open on July 1st. I submitted AADSAS on June 16th. So basically you just have to navigate to the supplemental on MUSC's website and complete it from there!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you

Reactions: 1 users

You have to go on to the MUSC dental school website and create an account to fill out the supplemental application. They wont email you about it

You have to go on to the MUSC dental school website and create an account to fill out the supplemental application. They wont email you about it
Thanks for the reply

Hi fellow MUSC Applicants/Re-applicants! Good luck this cycle :) Yay!

Congrats to all those who have heard back! Unfortunately, I am not in that particular boat and am quite worried about the process. I will list my stats below and would love if anyone is able to shine some light on my status and what I might be able to expect. If you have any other questions about how my application may look please do not hesitate to ask, I'm happy to provide any information as long as it is relevant!

DAT:
AA-22
PAT-20
Bio-23
G-Chem-20
O-Chem-25
QR-19
RC-24
GPA:
sGPA= 3.71
cGPA= 3.6

I am an in-state applicant who is majoring in Biology and minoring in Chemistry and Business. Currently, my application (including supplamental) have been submitted and my ADEA AADSAS app. has been verified. Although I have everything submitted, I did take the DAT on 07/28/20 and have yet to have my scores verified, thus slowing the process even more :( . I have contacted admissions multiple times and don't want to be pushy (obviously!) but would like to send my unofficial scores to them to see if they can start reviewing my application so that I have a greater chance of attaining an interview opportunity! I would love to hear some individuals' thoughts about this matter (of sending unofficial scores to MUSC to expedite the verification process until my DAT scores are verified) as I have sent my unofficial scores to other schools and they are already reviewing my application. Likewise, I would greatly appreciate if anyone can shed some light on the timeline a bit more, considering the abnormal circumstances, as well as how I might go about improving myself as an applicant at this point / increasing my chances of having my application being reviewed sooner rather than later!

I apologize for the extraneous length but greatly appreciate input! Thanks!! :)
Question, what do you mean by heard back?
From my current understanding I don't believe invitations for interviews have begun yet for MUSC. Unless I am wrong.

From my current understanding I don't believe invitations for interviews have begun yet for MUSC. Unless I am wrong.

Great question! I meant something along the lines of receiving invitations for interviews.

I just got an email to join the Medical University of South Carolina's 22nd Annual Dental Day ? did anyone got the same email?

Dr. Javed mentioned they begin reviewing applications in early August and start sending out interviews following (to my understanding). First round of interviews should be out soon if they're not already! Good luck your stats are great!

Hey all, quick question. As I’m sure most people are, I’m trying my best to be patient as I wait to hear back from schools. I checked my application progress for MUSC via their current applicants web page and noticed they had updated my application to say that my DAT score was received on 08/07/20. I took my dat way back on 1/6/20 and marked my DAT application to send my score to several schools including MUSC at that time. Has anyone else noticed something like this with their application? I’m trying to decipher whether this is when they actually received my score or simply when they chose to update my application. Thanks!

Interview #1
School: MUSC
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: South Carolina
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.85, not sure but higher
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11/2020
Method of Interview: virtual

If there are any questions about other details with my application or credentials, I’m happy to answer them if it will help put others at ease. Just send me a message. Best of luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/18/2020
Residency: South Carolina
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/16
GPA (overall, science): 3.85, not sure but higher
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/20/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11/2020
Method of Interview: virtual

If there are any questions about other details with my application or credentials, I’m happy to answer them if it will help put others at ease. Just send me a message. Best of luck to all!

If you don't mind checking for me this would be a tremendous help for me and hopefully others! If you go onto MUSC's website and check your application status, what is the date they have your application "marked as complete", if that is the date you already listed I apolagize for my confusion. I submitted my application (ADEA and supplemental) around the same time as you in June, took the DAT on July 28th, and on MUSC's website my application was marked complete on 8/14/20. Thanks and congratulations on the interview, best of luck!! :)

If you don't mind checking for me this would be a tremendous help for me and hopefully others! If you go onto MUSC's website and check your application status, what is the date they have your application "marked as complete", if that is the date you already listed I apolagize for my confusion. I submitted my application (ADEA and supplemental) around the same time as you in June, took the DAT on July 28th, and on MUSC's website my application was marked complete on 8/14/20. Thanks and congratulations on the interview, best of luck!! :)

For MUSC, my application was marked as complete on 7/10/20. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Good luck to everyone applying/re-applying!!! I am a D2 at MUSC. If you have any questions on the application process, I am here to help!!

Got an interview invite for September 25th on August 28th! Interviews last from 8:30AM-4PM via the email so be prepared for that! Good luck to everyone this cycle :)

Reactions: 4 users
I am in-state!
Do you mind answering this?

Interview #
School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview:

interview #2
Notification date: Aug. 28th
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: July 2nd
Application complete date: July 4th
GPA (overall, science):3.56, 3.54
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20, 20, 22, 21, no
Dates available OR your interview date: Sep. 25th
Method of Interview: online

Got an invite yesterday, OOS!

Reactions: 3 users
Just checked my application status (completed 08/18) and there's a comment with a 7-digit number. Has anyone seen this before or is it abnormal?

Just checked my application status (completed 08/18) and there's a comment with a 7-digit number. Has anyone seen this before or is it abnormal?
I have one too, normal! Probably a unique # to keep track of your application.

Is the application status portal working for anyone? Mine just keeps coming up with an "Invalid Error" message.

Just checked mine, I’m still able to log in and view the portal

for people getting the invalid login message, the bottom of my application says:

For questions concerning your application, please contact Lauren Chapman at [email protected]

maybe Ms. Chapman can help? I'm sure it's just a glitch.

Interview #3
School:
MUSC
Notification date: 8/28/2020
Application submitted: 6/16
Residency: Texas
GPA (overall, science): 3.46, 3.22
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/26/23/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/25
Method of Interview: Virtual

Yeah of course! in addition to my stats, I have over 300 hours of experience in an office and I am a student athlete. I applied August 27th!
DAT: AA/TS/RC/PAT 19/19/21/22
OverallGPA: 3.78 cGPA: 3.87
Major: Health Sciences 2nd Major/Minor: Biology