MUST HAVE BOOKS for 2ND YEAR?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medready2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start 2nd year in a couple of weeks and I am curious to know what textbooks I will actually need........Please enlighten me!!!

Thx!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that depends on your school's curriculum. I am about to start 2nd year also and we have only three block left before step 1 in february- GI, renal/endocrine, and Repro. You should probably list what you will be covering in 2nd year. So on this subject, what would any of you recomend for the blocks I am covering?

Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease.

My school has great notes so this was the only book I ended up using during 2nd year. You might also want a book on doing physical exam manuvers, but there's plenty of info out there on the web for that.

That and board review books, but that's a different forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
BRS Pathology -- use it early and often so it's familiar for board studying

First Aid -- same story. Just glancing over relevent material before tests or as you go can really help focus on teh important nitty-gritty. Especially for Pharm, it's all you really need.

Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple is another good book to have, according to a lot of people. I personally didn't use it because our notesets were generally very thorough and contained all of the information that we needed to know for exams!