Mwu az

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Swoops

Hi everyone! congratulations on all of your acceptances. I envy you :) I just have a quick question that I thought I would bring to the boards. I originally received an interview invite at MWU-AZ on February 25th. I checked back today to check if any spots had opened up that I could fill and I was kind of surprised how many there were. There are 2 spots open that appeal to me most. December 12th and January 8th. Here is my question. Do you think that my best chance to get in to this school is to interview as soon as possible seeing that there are more spots open now then there will be in Jan. I am a little hesitant to schedule it because it is finals week, and I wont have quite as much time to prepare for the interview. I know it is laid back, but this is my only interview so far and I really need to knock it out of the park. What do you guys think, should I just schedule it for Jan 8th and prepare this month or should I take a chance and schedule for Dec. 12th? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

When I spoke with the dean he said that come February they usually only have a couple of seats left. So interview ASAP

Zimmer, you are the man. Do you mind if I PM you about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go with the December date too. Good luck!

Hi everyone! congratulations on all of your acceptances. I envy you :) I just have a quick question that I thought I would bring to the boards. I originally received an interview invite at MWU-AZ on February 25th. I checked back today to check if any spots had opened up that I could fill and I was kind of surprised how many there were. There are 2 spots open that appeal to me most. December 12th and January 8th. Here is my question. Do you think that my best chance to get in to this school is to interview as soon as possible seeing that there are more spots open now then there will be in Jan. I am a little hesitant to schedule it because it is finals week, and I wont have quite as much time to prepare for the interview. I know it is laid back, but this is my only interview so far and I really need to knock it out of the park. What do you guys think, should I just schedule it for Jan 8th and prepare this month or should I take a chance and schedule for Dec. 12th? :confused:

Hey.. I applied late (16th Batch) and had an interview scheduled for Feb 13th. I was able to reschedule to Oct 29th and thank God I received my acceptance call on the 1st :) So if there are spots open you should TAKE it lol... Dont worry, as long as you have a good reason why you want to do dentistry and can answer basic questions you will be golden!!!

Good Luck to you :)

I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that post Dec 3rd, ALL schools use essentially rolling admissions. This means they accept people as they interview. Thus, the earlier you can get in there, the better your chances will be.

I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that post Dec 3rd, ALL schools use essentially rolling admissions. This means they accept people as they interview. Thus, the earlier you can get in there, the better your chances will be.

This is what I think also! Take the December one! :) :thumbup:

I have scheduled for the December interview! kind of stressed out about it, but also really look forward to proving that I belong at MWU. Any advice from those who have interviewed here? specific things they like and dont like to herar?

interview as early as you can. I originally was scheduled for a January interview with MW-AZ. On a Thursday an interview spot opened for the following Monday ( in early OCT). I immediately changed my date and made arrangements to get to Arizona. They were extremely appreciative of my willingness to fill that spot. I was accepted and have already paid my deposit. Any questions feel free to PM me

Just fyi, there are several in our D1 class that interviewed Jan, Feb, and even later. SO just get the interview and nail it.

Just fyi, there are several in our D1 class that interviewed Jan, Feb, and even later. SO just get the interview and nail it.

Any suggestions that will help me nail it?

By the way...I'm from BYU too. Assuming that's what your name is implying.

Pray you have the right interviewer...ha. But seriously. And just be yourself. Also check out the interview questions they have asked in the past (somewhere on SDN) - they were all the same when i interviewed.
PM me if you have any other questions.

I had the "bad" interviewer (there are only 2, I think), and out of 5 interviews this fall, I thought this one went the worst. It was really short (only 5 questions or so), and I got almost no response from my interviewer. He was basically flat the whole time, and several times I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep talking. In total, it took maybe 20 minutes, mostly because I had very few questions for him. There was a D1 in there, too, which helped, but I still thought it could have gone much better. HOWEVER, Dec 3rd rolled around and I got an offer from them.

So, my best advice would be to just be yourself. Try not to overthink it, and you'll do fine. Good luck!

So I just had my interview and I am not sure how it went. The Dr. that interviewed me was a bit straight forward and seemed a little bit uninterested. I was honest and myself (I was a bit nervous) so I hope they saw my passion for dentistry....other then that, this school is amazing the facilities were absolutely flawless and the staff were so friendly and kind and I was really impressed by the deans ideas for the curriculum and clinic. I would love to go to this school, but I'm not sure if that will become a reality based on my interview. Only tome can tell. Thanks for the advice everyone, everything that was said on this forum was spot on.

I had the "bad" interviewer (there are only 2, I think), and out of 5 interviews this fall, I thought this one went the worst. It was really short (only 5 questions or so), and I got almost no response from my interviewer. He was basically flat the whole time, and several times I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep talking. In total, it took maybe 20 minutes, mostly because I had very few questions for him. There was a D1 in there, too, which helped, but I still thought it could have gone much better. HOWEVER, Dec 3rd rolled around and I got an offer from them.

So, my best advice would be to just be yourself. Try not to overthink it, and you'll do fine. Good luck!

Just want to correct something here, only D2 students are allowed to participate as student interviewers during these.

Sorry you had a bad interview.