MWU-CPG c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey Szetok,

I had a rough undergraduate experience so my GPA is nothing to boast about.
-2.81 Science GPA calculated by PharmCas. (I graduated with a 2.55 GPA; 4.0 for the last 41 units at CC including re-taking some pre-reqs)
-8 years of working in pharmacy
-93 composite on PCAT

Good luck on your application process and just stay positive!
ill be there =]

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing on the 26th!!!!
Supplemental submitted: 8/12
Interview invite: 09/15
hi how did your interview go jsut wondering. i have my interview tomorrow. any pointers.
=]

interviewing tomorrow and it seems like a lot of us are gonna be from cali. hope to meet you all tomorrow :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview is quite simple. It is usually a panel of 3 faculty (or 2 faculty and 1 third year) and 3 interviewees.
Come early, there are usually snacks provided for "breakfast". Get to know one another, because you'll likely see eachother if you choose to attend MWU.
I have an exam at 7am the 28th, but will try my best to pop in right after and stay for a little while to just get to know you guys and tell you a bit about the school (i'll also be back at lunch). After everyone gets there, I believe the Dean will talk, and then interviews start, following a free lunch.
Everyone should recieve a schedule as well as name tags upon arrival.

You guys will be toured around the school, so make sure the shoes you wear are presentable, yet comfortable. Interviews are pretty standard and "laid back" (but professional)...it's fairly straight forward.

See you guys tomorrow!

Good luck guys! I'll probably see some of you guys walking around all dressed up and snazzy.

The interview is quite simple. It is usually a panel of 3 faculty (or 2 faculty and 1 third year) and 3 interviewees.
Come early, there are usually snacks provided for "breakfast". Get to know one another, because you'll likely see eachother if you choose to attend MWU.
I have an exam at 7am the 28th, but will try my best to pop in right after and stay for a little while to just get to know you guys and tell you a bit about the school (i'll also be back at lunch). After everyone gets there, I believe the Dean will talk, and then interviews start, following a free lunch.
Everyone should recieve a schedule as well as name tags upon arrival.

You guys will be toured around the school, so make sure the shoes you wear are presentable, yet comfortable. Interviews are pretty standard and "laid back" (but professional)...it's fairly straight forward.

See you guys tomorrow!
Thanks for all you guys' help!! Really calms the nerves!! Anything specific we need to bring to the interview? Pens? Paper? Excited/nervous!

Nothing unless you hate writing with golf pencils or would like an eraser.

It was nice to meet everyone! If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me =)

-P2

It was nice to meet everyone! If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me =)

-P2

it was nice to meet you too!! were you from ucsd? did anybody get accepted?

Last edited:
it was nice to meet you too!! were you from ucsd? did anybody get accepted?

I was from UCSD =) (may i ask who I had the pleasure of meeting?)

I don't know if anyone did or didn't get accepted....I'm just a volunteer student, so I don't get any info on that stuff...I'm just there to calm you guys down and answer any questions you may have :D

However, like they said, if the portal didn't change on friday, then you may have to wait a couple of weeks unfortunately. :xf:

-P2

Members don't see this ad :)
I was from UCSD =) (may i ask who I had the pleasure of meeting?)

I don't know if anyone did or didn't get accepted....I'm just a volunteer student, so I don't get any info on that stuff...I'm just there to calm you guys down and answer any questions you may have :D

However, like they said, if the portal didn't change on friday, then you may have to wait a couple of weeks unfortunately. :xf:

-P2

I was sitting across from you during lunch ^_^

Maybe this is just default for everyone, but under the toolbar--->post accepted---->matriculation agreement and deposit

There is a red X next to the $1000 deposit part which says "Expected". I click on make a payment and get

"The College of Pharmacy - Glendale hereby offers to admit bob1234 as a candidate for the Doctor of Pharmacy, Class of 2016 commencing in the Summer Term of 2013 with the total credit hours of 202 subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. In consideration thereof, the Student agrees to satisfy all of the minimum requirements outlined below and provide all documentation displayed as outstanding in the Accepted Student Checklist section of this website before being able to matriculate as a new student. Midwestern University reserves the right to deny matriculation or continued enrollment to any student who, in the opinion of Midwestern University, violates any University policy or procedure, or engages in conduct that is detrimental to the University, its faculty, students or the health care profession."

It also says the payment is due before 10-19-2012

Not sure if this is standard waiting for acceptance/denial or a roundabout acceptance? I didn't receive any emails from midwestern, just checked the site like they said. Anybody else see this on their midwestern account?

Last edited:
Maybe this is just default for everyone, but under the toolbar--->post accepted---->matriculation agreement and deposit

There is a red X next to the $1000 deposit part which says "Expected". I click on make a payment and get

"The College of Pharmacy - Glendale hereby offers to admit bob1234 as a candidate for the Doctor of Pharmacy, Class of 2016 commencing in the Summer Term of 2013 with the total credit hours of 202 subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. In consideration thereof, the Student agrees to satisfy all of the minimum requirements outlined below and provide all documentation displayed as outstanding in the Accepted Student Checklist section of this website before being able to matriculate as a new student. Midwestern University reserves the right to deny matriculation or continued enrollment to any student who, in the opinion of Midwestern University, violates any University policy or procedure, or engages in conduct that is detrimental to the University, its faculty, students or the health care profession."

Not sure if this is standard waiting for acceptance/denial or a roundabout acceptance? I didn't receive any emails from midwestern, just checked the site like they said. Anybody else see this on their midwestern account?

Nothing showed up for me. Congrats on your acceptance! Was your interview Wed or Fri?

It might just be a standard thing, I will wait for an email from them tomorrow or maybe I will call in the evening

A student at Midwestern told me that if you had a really good interview they would accept you the same day. The rest of us will have to wait the 2-3 weeks.
Good job bob1234.

It might just be a standard thing, I will wait for an email from them tomorrow or maybe I will call in the evening

The deposit message appeared on your portal, so I'm pretty sure it's an acceptance letter. lol. No need to confirm.

A student at Midwestern told me that if you had a really good interview they would accept you the same day. The rest of us will have to wait the 2-3 weeks.
Good job bob1234.

I'm not even sure it is accurate so I'm not popping any champagne bottles yet :D

My interview was fairly pathetic, I felt downtrodden after I walked off campus.

The deposit message appeared on your portal, so I'm pretty sure it's an acceptance letter. lol. No need to confirm.

It's not over until the fat lady sings. I will look into it tomorrow and see what I can find out for you guys and gals.

Hey Everyone!

I was one of your student ambassadors on Friday, the 28th. I you have an accepted student checklist on your MWU portal, that means you have been accepted. Congrats!

Many of you will get a phone call from Dr. Dietrich. (I never did) I don't recall ever getting an email, but you will receive an official acceptance letter in the mail in about 2 to 3 weeks.... lol

If you have the checklist, roll with it. Being accepted doesn't fully set in until you show up for classes next June. Many people, myself included, kept thinking it was a mistake and that we'd get a email the day before classes started with "oops, we didn't mean you."

I'm referring to the left column on the portal below post-accepted with the link "accepted student checklist."

If you have access to an "accepted student checklist" you are an accepted student.

If you have access to an "accepted student checklist" you are an accepted student.

I don't have access. No actual checklist appears when I click on the link. I guess I have to wait 2-3 weeks.

Hi everyone! I am going to interview at MWU on October and have some general travel questions:
Which hotel would you recommend for convenience from/to airport/MWU?
What time did the interview day end?

Thank you!

Hi everyone! I am going to interview at MWU on October and have some general travel questions:
Which hotel would you recommend for convenience from/to airport/MWU?
What time did the interview day end?

Thank you!

hi, i stayed at Drury inn which was nice. they had a shuttle service to take u to school n pick you up back to the hotel. to get to airport call supershuttle. my first exp w them was awesome. I got out on Friday around 1pm. hope this d help

Hello everyone! My interview will be Oct 26 and it will my first. I am so nervous! Was the interview hard? Can someone update the interview feedback or what questions did they ask? =)

Last edited:

It means congratulations are in order :D

Hello everyone! My interview will be Oct 26 and it will my first. I am so nervous! Was the interview hard? Can someone update the interview feedback or what questions did they ask? =)

There are no new questions to update the interview feedback. You should be fine reviewing the questions that are already on the interview feedback web page.

Hi all, It was nice meeting those who attended the interview last Friday. Has anyone else besides Bob1234 (cheers!) had a change to their portal? It looks like the majority of us are going to have to wait until 10/12. I'm definitely not complaining though. It's been a much more efficient process with MWU than some other schools so far.

Was called first thing this morning congratulating me on my acceptance by someone at Midwestern. Even though pharmcas has my transcripts, Midwestern wants 750 or 1000 cash plus my official transcripts sent over

Was called first thing this morning congratulating me on my acceptance by someone at Midwestern. Even though pharmcas has my transcripts, Midwestern wants 750 or 1000 cash plus my official transcripts sent over

Congrats! Are you going to put down the deposit or are you waiting on other schools?

Congrats! Are you going to put down the deposit or are you waiting on other schools?

Money and transcripts due by 10-19. If you back out, you only have 3 days after putting down the deposit for a full refund. I'm putting the money down in anticipation of not getting into any other schools, however I plan on keeping my options open.

If anyone has a change in his or her portal, please let us SND members know! Most of last year's SND interviewees heard back within a week.

If anyone has a change in his or her portal, please let us SND members know! Most of last year's SND interviewees heard back within a week.
I heard back on 9/27 about my acceptance. I was surprised because they told us we shouldn't expect to hear back for at least 9-10 days.

Just wondering....do you guys see anything in your portal when you click on the Applicant Checklist under Pre-accepted section for those who have been interviewed??

I haven't had any changes to my portal as of yet.

I have not received an official phone call or email, but my portal was updated yesterday. I now have the matriculation statement along with the post-accepted checklist. I also have the option to make a deposit. Hope everyone receives good news soon!

It is not uncommon to never get a phone call (sorry for all the negatives lol) and only receive a letter in the mail the day before your deposit is due (I blame snail mail)...always keep an eye on the portal!! As soon as it opens up, you will know your answer =)

-P2

Keep checking your portal everyone! I just got in! :D I then got a call a few hours later but was at work and missed it :( but they left a nice voice message to let me know! :) GOOD LUCK!

I interviewed on Friday 9/28 and my portal changed Tuesday night and I got a call Wednesday morning! Hang in there everyone :)

Keep checking your portal everyone! I just got in! :D I then got a call a few hours later but was at work and missed it :( but they left a nice voice message to let me know! :) GOOD LUCK!

I interviewed on Friday 9/28 and my portal changed Tuesday night and I got a call Wednesday morning! Hang in there everyone :)

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, which group letter were you both in? I'm trying to figure out if there is some sort of order in which the AdCom look at the files.

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, which group letter were you both in? I'm trying to figure out if there is some sort of order in which the AdCom look at the files.
I was in group A :)