MWU-CPG c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what kind of internship sites Midwestern has? Is there a website or does anyone know who to call at MWU to get that information?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the specifics on how to get a second extension for the school?
I haven't gotten a response from my other schools yet and I really don't want to lose $1000 here.

Yes, curriculum is set in stone until your second year where you are then allowed to choose electives. A car is not necessarily vital especially if you live across the street from school. However, during your third or fourth quarter, one of the classes you have to take require site visits which can be relatively far (30-40 minute drive).

From the curriculum ( http://www.midwestern.edu/course-ca...z-campus-/college-of-pharmacy/curriculum.html ), which class is the one where I'll need a car? Is it not until the 2nd year when we're allowed to take electives?

Thank you to those who answer my questions, btw. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what kind of internship sites Midwestern has? Is there a website or does anyone know who to call at MWU to get that information?

Hi! I went to the interview back in January and I asked one of the current students about the rotation sites (if that's what you're wondering about). From what she told me, there's a lot to choose from and you can get experience in a variety of settings. I asked her about any out of state since I'm from California and she said there are sites out here too. You can always try setting up your own internship too if you find the school doesn't have what you're looking for. Hope that helps!

hey everyone. i have an interview coming up on Feb 25th, so i am in the process of purchasing plane tickets.
for the individuals who interviewed: can you guys tell me approximately what time you finished with the interview day.... the email said 2:30PM, but I wanted to make sure this was (not) accurate.

Also, any insight into the interview day/process would be greatly appreciated! This will be my first interview! Thanks in advance.

hey everyone. i have an interview coming up on Feb 25th, so i am in the process of purchasing plane tickets.
for the individuals who interviewed: can you guys tell me approximately what time you finished with the interview day.... the email said 2:30PM, but I wanted to make sure this was (not) accurate.

Also, any insight into the interview day/process would be greatly appreciated! This will be my first interview! Thanks in advance.

I finished around noon

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

It was around noon.. you can stay for lunch or leave at that point.

Shortly after I completed my apps in October I received a letter saying my application will be placed on hold. I figured this meant I was not interview worthy. However, I am quite surprised (but very happy!) I received an interview offer for later this month. Definitely one of my top choices, if not THE top choice.

I know some of you are from the SoCal area so did you guys fly or drive? I found airfare for less than $150 which is not that bad. However, the drive is only 5-6 hours. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Shortly after I completed my apps in October I received a letter saying my application will be placed on hold. I figured this meant I was not interview worthy. However, I am quite surprised (but very happy!) I received an interview offer for later this month. Definitely one of my top choices, if not THE top choice.

I know some of you are from the SoCal area so did you guys fly or drive? I found airfare for less than $150 which is not that bad. However, the drive is only 5-6 hours. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Congrats!! thats a great surprise! May I ask what day is your interview?

I got the same letter! That gives me a hint of hope! Congrats! How did they offer the interview? Email?

I am interviewing on Feb 25th. I chose to fly to Phoenix (from John Wayne AIrport in OC) because a 1.5 hour flight sounded much more appealing than a 5-6 hour drive. Also, gas prices in OC are around $4 a gallon at the moment, so the cost for travel is almost the same for both. Flying was the much better option for me

When is your interview?

I drove from socal so I didn't have to rent a car

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! thats a great surprise! May I ask what day is your interview?

THANKS! :) I am scheduled for the 25th of this month.

I got the same letter! That gives me a hint of hope! Congrats! How did they offer the interview? Email?

Thank you! They emailed me the interview offer. Good Luck to you! I hope it works out :)

I am interviewing on Feb 25th. I chose to fly to Phoenix (from John Wayne AIrport in OC) because a 1.5 hour flight sounded much more appealing than a 5-6 hour drive. Also, gas prices in OC are around $4 a gallon at the moment, so the cost for travel is almost the same for both. Flying was the much better option for me

When is your interview?

Feb 25th, so I will see you there :D I booked my flight out of LAX but I still might drive just for fun :p I love how Southwest does not charge a change/cancellation fee!

Interviewing this late in the game I can only imagine the odds are against us, right?

Feb 25th, so I will see you there :D I booked my flight out of LAX but I still might drive just for fun :p I love how Southwest does not charge a change/cancellation fee!

Interviewing this late in the game I can only imagine the odds are against us, right?

I am flying on Southwest as well! I've actually changed by flights twice already! Thank goodness for no change fees! Guess that makes up for the "no assigned seats" thing :confused: When are you flying out? We might be on the same flight (I am flying out on Sunday at 11 am from LAX)

Yes, we are interviewing VERY late in the game so our chances are definitely lower . However, there are still a few interview dates in March, so maybe there's still hope?

Last edited:
I am flying on Southwest as well! I've actually changed by flights twice already! Thank goodness for no change fees! Guess that makes up for the "no assigned seats" thing :confused: When are you flying out? We might be on the same flight (I am flying out on Thurs at 11 am from LAX)

Yes, we are interviewing VERY late in the game so our chances are definitely lower . However, there are still a few interview dates in March, so maybe there's still hope?

Yeah, I am on the 11am flight to PHX as well, but I am leaving on Sunday. Why are you leaving on Thurs? I only live 10 min from SNA but found a better rate at LAX (I’m assuming you did as well). I may just end up driving though because it’s not that far and I like not being on any time constraints.

I read people saying that the group interview is very relaxed…I hope so! This might be my most stressful interview yet though. I have experienced an open file and a MMI interview and both were decent. Not looking forward to this group format.

Southwest :thumbup:
SoCal!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I drove from socal so I didn't have to rent a car

How was the drive for you? Was it scenic? Any side trips possible/worth it? Thanks in advance! :D

Yeah, I am on the 11am flight to PHX as well, but I am leaving on Sunday. Why are you leaving on Thurs? I only live 10 min from SNA but found a better rate at LAX (I’m assuming you did as well). I may just end up driving though because it’s not that far and I like not being on any time constraints.

I read people saying that the group interview is very relaxed…I hope so! This might be my most stressful interview yet though. I have experienced an open file and a MMI interview and both were decent. Not looking forward to this group format.

Southwest :thumbup:
SoCal!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Oops I meant I'm flying out of LAX on SUNDAY at 11am. I am flying back into John Wayne though as the flight back was only $63! And it's more convenient for whoever is picking me up. Roundtrip was about $155ish

How was the drive for you? Was it scenic? Any side trips possible/worth it? Thanks in advance! :D

Lol not scenic at all.. Watch out for cops.

Lol not scenic at all.. Watch out for cops.

I didn't think the drive was too bad, and I'm pretty impatient with road trips (it took me about 6 hours to get there). And yes! I second the watch out for cops! They are really on the ball in Arizona to find people who speed.

I interviewed back in Nov. and was not initially accepted but put on the "Waiting List".....I heard that many however DO get accepted......does anyone know more about this or is also in the same boat.....I was already accepted at another School of Pharm., but Midwestern Univ.- Glendale remains my top choice!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows about a Facebook page or somewhere else for finding potential roommates? Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knows about a Facebook page or somewhere else for finding potential roommates? Thanks!

It's a page back, but here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/410172625730912/

Are you applying for on campus housing or looking at nearby complexes? I just applied for the on campus one and I think they can pair you up with someone if you need to.

EDIT: whoops, wrong link!

It's a page back, but here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/410172625730912/

Are you applying for on campus housing or looking at nearby complexes? I just applied for the on campus one and I think they can pair you up with someone if you need to.

EDIT: whoops, wrong link!

Thanks! I'm looking at nearby complexes. I was originally thinking about living on my own, but it'd be nice if I could meet someone from our class! What made you decide to stay on campus? I heard that it wasn't very nice, but I haven't seen any rooms myself.

Thanks! I'm looking at nearby complexes. I was originally thinking about living on my own, but it'd be nice if I could meet someone from our class! What made you decide to stay on campus? I heard that it wasn't very nice, but I haven't seen any rooms myself.

I kind of like that I don't need to drive (hehe, if I can swing it, I'd rather not drive, especially since I would probably get lost a LOT at first) and I was thinking of living on my own for the first year at least, too. Hmmm I actually haven't seen the housing, just the plans and they looked workable. A friend of mine told me they looked pretty nice though! But I'm not sure if she went inside or just saw it from outside. I figured if I didn't like it at all my first year, I'd be able to make a better decision for other housing options (like get an idea with traffic, how safe a place is, etc., etc.) and hopefully meet someone on the same boat to split the rent with. :D

Check out San Lagos if you are interested. I've got my own place here as well. I know many people who live alone as well as with roomies. It's literally right across the street from school and is full of students. If you're interested, private message me and I can give you info on how to reference me. I get an incentive if you sign up (with mentioning my name) and I can give you half. I did this last year as well and it works out quite nicely with a perk for the both of us. :D

-P2

Can anyone provide some pictures of the dorms? especially the inside layout? preferably the difference between the regular two bedroom vs the luxurious 2 bedroom? and for current students... any inputs on on-campus housing??

Just signed up for a super last minute interview spot that opened up for this Friday Feb 15th. This will be my very first interview EVERRRRR. Since I only have 4 days to prep for this, I would appreciate ANY tips/advice from anyone who has gone through the process before. I will definitely be looking at SDN interview feedback; any advice in addition to this would be GREAT. How do the group interviews work? Thanks in advance!!!

Just signed up for a super last minute interview spot that opened up for this Friday Feb 15th. This will be my very first interview EVERRRRR. Since I only have 4 days to prep for this, I would appreciate ANY tips/advice from anyone who has gone through the process before. I will definitely be looking at SDN interview feedback; any advice in addition to this would be GREAT. How do the group interviews work? Thanks in advance!!!

I interviewed with two other applicants and was interviewed by 2 faculty and 1 P3. We were seated directly facing the faculty and rotated who answered first. The faculty also rotated asking questions. We were asked maybe like 5 questions, then the faculty asked if we had any questions for them.

Good luck on your interview!

I interviewed with two other applicants and was interviewed by 2 faculty and 1 P3. We were seated directly facing the faculty and rotated who answered first. The faculty also rotated asking questions. We were asked maybe like 5 questions, then the faculty asked if we had any questions for them.

Good luck on your interview!

Thank you for responding to my post. I appreciate the info! :D

If I got an extension till 2/15 when does that expire? At the end of the day?

If I got an extension till 2/15 when does that expire? At the end of the day?

Dunno I have until 2/15 too but will probably decline

Dunno I have until 2/15 too but will probably decline

I wish I could decline but none of my other schools have responded to me yet...

Hate that instant acceptance this school has.

I guess I'd rather lose $1000 than another year doing apps and interviews again though...

I wish I could decline but none of my other schools have responded to me yet...

Hate that instant acceptance this school has.

I guess I'd rather lose $1000 than another year doing apps and interviews again though...

bingo!

I'm waiting to hear back from other schools I guess too

If I was rejected would it tell me in the portal? I'm assuming I am rejected because I haven't gotten an interview invite or anything but all it says on the portal is that my application is complete. Would it say if I was rejected?

If I was rejected would it tell me in the portal? I'm assuming I am rejected because I haven't gotten an interview invite or anything but all it says on the portal is that my application is complete. Would it say if I was rejected?

I'm curious about this as well. Btw looks like the supp app deadline has been extended to 3/1

Not sure if it would say if u were rejected. When I scheduled my interviews, they had spots open for Feb 25th and March 8th and 11th, so there's still hope!

However, the school has already received around 140 deposits, but they expect around ~50ish to still withdraw their app in favor of another school.

Not sure if it would say if u were rejected. When I scheduled my interviews, they had spots open for Feb 25th and March 8th and 11th, so there's still hope!

However, the school has already received around 140 deposits, but they expect around ~50ish to still withdraw their app in favor of another school.

the class size is 150, right? so if they only have 140 deposits that still leaves room for many more acceptances.
btw, they did add 2 more interview dates recently: march 15th and 18th

good luck everyone!

the class size is 150, right? so if they only have 140 deposits that still leaves room for many more acceptances.
btw, they did add 2 more interview dates recently: march 15th and 18th

good luck everyone!

The class size is between 150-155 max. They said they accept between 230-300 students a year and usually pull about 80-100 people off the waitlist in addition to that. They pull people from the waitlist up until the first day of class in June, so it's not an immediate thing. Those on the waitlist are recommended to continue taking pre-req courses because there's a "good chance you will be called" if ur on the waitlist according to the assistant dean.

Good luck everyone!

For those who interviewed today: did the school say when the AdCom was meeting next? Thanks

Current students... How much did you take out in loans per year? I'm trying to figure out how much I'll need total since I won't be working..

Last edited:
Current students... How much did you take out in loans per year? I'm trying to figure out how much I'll need total since I won't be working..

It all honestly depends on how much you have in savings. Most students take out the absolute max loan (I believe somewhere in the realm of 80-85k/year) to cover tuition as well as all other expenses. You always have the option of returning back any extra funds you dont need within 14 days of getting them (ie if you had extra left over from a previous quarter) without being penalized. The school does a very good job of providing a breakdown of all possible expenses that a student may need. If you've been accepted, you can probably see this in your portal under the financial services section

Hope that helps,
-P2

ps. Whoever is interviewing the 22nd, i'll be your ambassador! :D

Awesome thanks! Looks like ill be 250k in the hole soon -_-'