MWU-CPG c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thanks good luck to you too.

Members don't see this ad.

Woo finally registered to give back some info/insight on CPG.

E-submitted: 11/19/2012
Verified: 12/13/2012
Supplemental Link Emailed: 12/19/2012
Supplemental Turned In: 12/24/2012
Interview Invite: 12/28/2012 (dates available for an interview were M/W/F all over the place in January)
Interview Date: 01/18/2013
Accepted: 01/18/2013 (committee met at 1:00pm. Checked acceptance around 2:20 pm. If you have an actual page on [Accepted Student Checklist], but still "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." under the [Matriculation/Payment] tab.. don't worry. that means you've been accepted. After I interviewed at Midwestern Chicago I couldn't even view the Accepted Student Checklist yet (I won't know if I got in at Chicago until February). After that checklist changed though, I called Admissions to confirm my acceptance at Glendale :)

The dean said ~110 deposits were already in. Class size is 150.. He said that up to 100 students from the alternate list could be called in though.

Also, the dean said that for my entire interview group, it was the first time that all the guys wore jackets. Someone asked if that was a good thing and the dean said yes. So if you're male, wear a jacket! It's okay if you're female though. lol.

Also we were free to leave the interview at around 11:40 pm (lunch is optional). Disregard that 2:30pm in that email they sent out... -___-

Members don't see this ad :)

Interview Invite: 12/28/2012 (dates available for an interview were M/W/F all over the place in January)
Accepted: 01/18/2013 (committee met at 1:00pm. Checked acceptance around 2:20 pm. If you have an actual page on [Accepted Student Checklist], but still "Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." under the [Matriculation/Payment] tab.. don't worry. that means you've been accepted. After I interviewed at Midwestern Chicago I couldn't even view the Accepted Student Checklist yet (I won't know if I got in at Chicago until February). After that checklist changed though, I called Admissions to confirm my acceptance at Glendale :)

The dean said ~110 deposits were already in. Class size is 150.. He said that up to 100 students from the alternate list could be called in though.

Also, the dean said that for my entire interview group, it was the first time that all the guys wore jackets. Someone asked if that was a good thing and the dean said yes. So if you're male, wear a jacket! It's okay if you're female though. lol.

Also we were free to leave the interview at around 11:40 pm (lunch is optional). Disregard that 2:30pm in that email they sent out... -___-

That was me haha. Congrats

just checked mine looks like i got accepted as well :soexcited:

i had my interview on monday,

time to celebrate

and for this i couldnt believe that some guys were not wearing jackets just looks so unprofessional.

I interviewed monday and I checked the website and said Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

Also has my checklist. Does that mean I'm accepted :O?

I interviewed monday and I checked the website and said Your information is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow.

Also has my checklist. Does that mean I'm accepted :O?

If it's the post-accepted/matricultion checklist then YES!

If 110 spots are already deposited for, and the class size is 150, does that mean theres only 40 available spots left?

If 110 spots are already deposited for, and the class size is 150, does that mean theres only 40 available spots left?

Probably half those deposits are going elsewhere

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

The people who already paid can still decide to not keep the seat. They give you a short timeline to pay it so people may deposit then wait on another school.

Ah okay, my interview is Feb 8th and I'm regretting not taking one of the earlier interview dates now.

I only got interviews at two schools... so I'm so nervous/anxious !!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate how they pressure you to put down the deposit with such a quick turnaround from the interview. I won't even have my interview for my top school till after my deposit deadline.

Hate how they pressure you to put down the deposit with such a quick turnaround from the interview. I won't even have my interview for my top school till after my deposit deadline.

Ask for extension. Whats your top choice?

Ask for extension. Whats your top choice?

I'll need a longer extension they probably won't give me. My top choice is ucsd.

my interview is next tuesday and seems like there might be snow.. I'm renting a car, does the snow cause lots of closed roads and stuff? traffic

That's the point.

I can guarantee you will not encounter any snow in Phoenix when you come for your interview

I'll need a longer extension they probably won't give me. My top choice is ucsd.

My deposit was originally due on the 25th of this month. I called the director of admissions and he gave me an extra 2 weeks, so now my deposit is due on the 8th of Feb. I'm in the same boat as you... first choice is UCSD, but won't hear back in time. The director said I could file a claim with the dean of admissions for an extension, but not sure I want to take it that far! Good luck to you :)

My deposit was originally due on the 25th of this month. I called the director of admissions and he gave me an extra 2 weeks, so now my deposit is due on the 8th of Feb. I'm in the same boat as you... first choice is UCSD, but won't hear back in time. The director said I could file a claim with the dean of admissions for an extension, but not sure I want to take it that far! Good luck to you :)

Would the claim be your second extension? I think I'm going to lose money for a deposit somewhere so I'm trying to minimize my losses.

Does anyone know if they are going to continue interviewing after January? I feel like majority of seats are already filled...

Does anyone know if they are going to continue interviewing after January? I feel like majority of seats are already filled...

Don't lose hope. I have acceptance to this school (and paid my deposit), but if I get accepted to Roseman I will give up my seat.

I think many people take their seat as a "back up plan" but then give it away if they get a more desired offer.

So, more spots will likely become available as the summer approaches.

They usually have Feb interviews, and I thought I even saw someone going to a Feb interview. They take probably 1/3 of their waiting list clear up to the start date of the program. Just like the previous post stated... many students take multiple seats and then select their final school. I personally don't understand how people can afford that, but if they want to throw away a $1000+ then all power to 'em! :) Good luck!

Would the claim be your second extension? I think I'm going to lose money for a deposit somewhere so I'm trying to minimize my losses.

That's correct, a second extension.

I've sent in my application and supplemental application in the beginning of December and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

I've sent in my application and supplemental application in the beginning of December and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

I think most of us received our interview invitation pretty quickly after sending in the supplemental. It took about 4 days for mine.

I would call the school to follow up with them. I know there were some issues with them missing my PCAT from Pharmcas and a reference which wasn't corrected until I called.

I have two questions. How is the weather there during the winter? Does it rain a lot or snow, and how cold does it usu get? Also, is it true that you're tested every single week since its a cramped 3 yr program?
Thanks!

as far as the weather goes.. it doesn't rain much in the winter.. or all year for that matter... There isn't any snow.. and the weather is amazing from late October until the end of May. This year we had a few days where it was down around freezing at night and everybody freaked out because it was so cold.. Less than a week after that the temps were back in the high 70's

I have two questions. How is the weather there during the winter? Does it rain a lot or snow, and how cold does it usu get? Also, is it true that you're tested every single week since its a cramped 3 yr program?
Thanks!

It's almost every week. Earlier on you go through a few weeks without testing, then a test a week. There is at one point a month of straight two tests a week. And then a test or two a week again, etc

Hello everyone! I am from New Mexico and I have an interview 2/15. This is my first interview and I'm pretty nervous. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and hopefully they will still have room for me!

Hello everyone! I am from New Mexico and I have an interview 2/15. This is my first interview and I'm pretty nervous. Congrats to everyone who has gotten in and hopefully they will still have room for me!

You'll do fine. It wasn't really that laid back but the interviewers aren't pressuring you. They're just there to listen to you and take notes.

I submitted my app in December and still haven't heard anything positive or negative. Are they still offering interviews does anyone know?

I submitted my app in December and still haven't heard anything positive or negative. Are they still offering interviews does anyone know?

Hello, I know they gave me an option for Feb. 25th I believe and mine is Feb. 15th so I know they are still doing interviews. Did you submit both the pharmcas and Supplemental applications?

Hello Incoming class of 2016 at CPG. I am currently a first year, and am looking for a roommate. I live close to campus, and have a 2 bedroom apartment currently. If anybody is looking to live close to campus, and may want a roommate, I have an opening. It is at Strayhorse apartments, and could financially both of us. Also, those ofyou looking to commute a ling distance could also rent the room to stay here during the week possibly. Mt email is [email protected]. Feel free to email me if you are interested, or have any toher questions about the area, or process of entering Midwestern college of Pharmacy.

Hello,
I believe I may have posted on this thread before, but let me start by congratulating everyone who is starting in May 2013 at Midwestern University College of Pharmacy. I am a current 1st year, and am looking for a roommate. I live close to campus, and have a 2 bedroom apt at Strayhorse apartments. It is less than a mile away, and costs a considerable abount less to have a roommate than to live alone. I did it for the first year, and feel it is financially beneficial to have a roommate for the second. If anybody is interested, or has any questions aboutthe program, weel free to message me back on this thread, or email me at [email protected].

I'm torn whether I should put my deposit or not. I need to take classes that go into mid June, however Midwestern school starts beginning of June.. Don't know what to do. They said they'll work with us but I don't get how that works.. I can't go to school in Arizona and commute for three weeks in California...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

I'm torn whether I should put my deposit or not. I need to take classes that go into mid June, however Midwestern school starts beginning of June.. Don't know what to do. They said they'll work with us but I don't get how that works.. I can't go to school in Arizona and commute for three weeks in California...

Hey there,
As long as all of your prereqs are met you're fine. I had the same problem where I needed 2 upper division BS classes in order to complete my degree. I basically told the school that either i get the degree or I attend their school without one. They basically told me that since I was accepted and had completed all the prereqs that I was fine. It's bittersweet, but just talk to the Dean about it :) Hope that helps.

-P2

Hey there,
As long as all of your prereqs are met you're fine. I had the same problem where I needed 2 upper division BS classes in order to complete my degree. I basically told the school that either i get the degree or I attend their school without one. They basically told me that since I was accepted and had completed all the prereqs that I was fine. It's bittersweet, but just talk to the Dean about it :) Hope that helps.

-P2

I have chem and anatomy

How likely are the chances of getting on campus housing if you're a freshman?