MWU offers ASDA clinical simulation course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The simulation course was everything I expected and more! It was a great hands on experience with top notch equipment, faculty and students.

The only concern I left the weekend with was getting conflicting information regarding when to submit the AADSAS application. I always thought it is essential to submit the dental application ASAP, even if one if not taking the DAT until later in the summer. However, at the admissions talk it was said that an applicant should not submit the application until after taking the DAT. It is possible for adcom to make a decision based on old scores even if you are planning to re-take the DAT after submitting the application.

I'm pretty sure he meant to submit your application after you have your scores but only if you are retaking the DAT. If you submit your application with your old scores, those are the scores they will see.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure he meant to submit your application after you have your scores but only if you are retaking the DAT. If you submit your application with your old scores, those are the scores they will see.

So if I am re-taking the DAT in August, I should turn in my application late?

So if I am re-taking the DAT in August, I should turn in my application late?

I believe that's what he said. I might be wrong though. You should call the school to get a better answer.

My understanding is that if you get a low score the first time, submit your application and haven't taken the DAT the second time, the scores they will see will be the ones you want to improve. Let's say you got a 16 and are planning to improve that. If they get the application with those scores they might not even consider you. Last year there was a section on the application where you could enter your DAT scores and one of the options asked you if you were going to retake it. That section is not there anymore. I think ADEA sends the scores directly to the schools.