-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
my 1st rejection
Started by politik
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hang tough. There are lots of other great schools out there.Got my 1st rejection today from Boston University![]()
![]()
Hang tough. There are lots of other great schools out there.
Its just one of 169 MD Schools!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that. Hope everything else works for you.
Yes it hurts quite a bit (i've gotten 2 already).
I debate whether to tear up the letter or save it for posterity....lol 😉
The doctor I used to work with told us to save them and then once you have the acceptance you want to have a rejection letter burning party.
I think it sounds like fun.
Its just one of 169 MD Schools!
I'm pretty sure there are only about 125 US allo schools currently, unless you found some well hidden ones.🙂
I'm pretty sure there are only about 125 US allo schools currently, unless you found some well hidden ones.🙂
haha yea.. i jumped when i read 169.
to the op: you only need 1 school to become an MD 🙂

Got my 1st rejection today from Boston University![]()
![]()
You could always send them back this letter!
Dear Boston University,
Thank you for your letter of [Insert Date]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me admission to your program.
This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
Despite Boston University's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will join the ranks of medical students in your program this September. I look forward to seeing you then.
Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
Sincerely,
[your name here]
😀
^^ Lol. That's awesome. I think I'll print out a couple of those for future use. 

Dear Boston University,
Thank you for your letter of [Insert Date]. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me admission to your program.
This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.
Despite Boston University's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore, I will join the ranks of medical students in your program this September. I look forward to seeing you then.
Best of luck in rejecting future applicants.
Sincerely,
[your name here]
Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send this to at least one school!! I so want to see what the school's response is!
Somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send this to at least one school!! I so want to see what the school's response is!
lol i'm glad you guys liked it. 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 940