my alarm clock is a terrorist

Started by Trisomy13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trisomy13

ultra
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a ticking time bomb of sorts

waiting to wake me up in 5 hours for another interview

thankfully it's for a TY so the questions are along the lines of:

"do you have a pulse?"

"are you ******ed?"

"ok great, positive pulses, and at the very least, functionally ******ed, thanks for ranking us!"




sorry for the off topic thread. this place is mo' angrier than it ought to be.
 
rugtrousers said:
you only use one alarm clock?? i use three or four.

Lol - I have my electric alarm clock, battery clock and cell phone. I've done away with the wake-up call from my boyfriend or family member - a bit too excessive!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rugtrousers said:
you only use one alarm clock?? i use three or four.


i'm pretty much down to just my cell phone and my alarm clock.

my alarm clock plug gets knocked out of the wall by my mattress pretty regularly, so until i invest in a 9-volt for backup, it's basically just my phone.


and the boiling paranoia that i will miss an interview that wakes me up roughly every 40 minutes the night before said interview.
 
Trisomy13 said:
i'm pretty much down to just my cell phone and my alarm clock.

my alarm clock plug gets knocked out of the wall by my mattress pretty regularly, so until i invest in a 9-volt for backup, it's basically just my phone.


and the boiling paranoia that i will miss an interview that wakes me up roughly every 40 minutes the night before said interview.

I know the feeling well. . . 🙁
 
E'01 said:
Lol - I have my electric alarm clock, battery clock and cell phone. I've done away with the wake-up call from my boyfriend or family member - a bit too excessive!

When I first started the anesthesia gig I COULDNT BELIEVE at what hour I had to wake up...

0520?????

UHHH....thats inhumane.

Now, I set my clock alarm for 0523 ...after youve done something a million times, you can really refine it, down to the last cuppla minutes....

but you know whats weird?

And this is coming from a dude that loved to sleep 'til noon whenever possible pre-residency-era...

Now, I awaken between 0510 and 0518 99% of the time, click off the alarm clock, get up, and walk to the shower.

Unbelievable.