My anesthesia dream

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dabears505

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The one thing I wish I could somehow do in Anesthesia is to put an arrow art line kit on a mini bow like an actual bow and arrow and fire it into an artery.

Anyone have any other dreams?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When a surgeon is adding on a case and states to you the pt is “healthy” and you then see an actual ASA 1 heathy pt rather than the usual “healthy” ASA 3-4 dumpster fire.

Members don't see this ad :)
I place a mildly difficult 18 in a hard to see forearm vein. The room goes bonkers in celebration. The circulator high fives the scrub tech. The surgeon and resident start chanting my name. The crna wipes away tears with a benzoin stick. The patient (who is already asleep) gives me a thumbs up.
And I have a great story to tell my wife at the dinner table that night.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Coffee in the OR on my preference card, with a snack cart that makes OR rounds at 930

Reactions: 5 users
Surgeon stops me after the case. “Hey man!! Thanks for keeping up with all my blood loss on that one! I really miffed that! You saved my ass (and the patient’s)!!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users
When the surgeon says there's 15 minutes left and it's actually 15 minutes

Reactions: 7 users
I really want to put a tourniquet around someone’s eye brows and pop a 16g into one of those big juicy middle-of-the-forehead veins, and then see the look on everyone’s face in PACU as I wheel them out looking like a unicorn.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
15119731.jpg

Sorry.....don't dream about work much (although had a dream about one of the female OBs once. it's been awkward ever since)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
When a surgeon is adding on a case and states to you the pt is “healthy” and you then see an actual ASA 1 heathy pt rather than the usual “healthy” ASA 3-4 dumpster fire.
I had a “healthy” one the other day that was a little person with a difficult airway and hurlers syndrome. SMH!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Surgeon stops me after the case. “Hey man!! Thanks for keeping up with all my blood loss on that one! I really miffed that! You saved my ass (and the patient’s)!!”
Sheeeeiiit

I'd settle for less insight than that. I was about 25 units and 1000 of cell saver into an ongoing aortic whack on Friday and the surgeon asked me to stop giving FFP because the leg (distal to a clamped iliac) was clotting off.

• Haha
We have one surgeon that is particularly neurotic and self-deprecating. He likes to say “Hey - I may be slow, but I sure to lose a lot of blood.”

• Haha