my brain is tired

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my first kaplan diagnostic today. my brain is tired and pained. i don't see how it is humanly possible to take the MCAT now. the diagnostic was a half length exam, and by the end, i was just so tired, i started filling in random bubbles without really reading the question. we also had to take a science diagnostic, and a lot of the time, i would read the question, remember studying it in school, and not remember how to solve it. my fried got so fed up on the last section of the science diag. that she just started filling in c,c,c,c,c,c.... because we couldn't take it anymore. my brain was exhausted, and all i could thing about was how much i wanted to get out of there. i take it as a not so good sign.

Members don't see this ad.

musiclink213 said:
I had my first kaplan diagnostic today. my brain is tired and pained. i don't see how it is humanly possible to take the MCAT now. the diagnostic was a half length exam, and by the end, i was just so tired, i started filling in random bubbles without really reading the question. we also had to take a science diagnostic, and a lot of the time, i would read the question, remember studying it in school, and not remember how to solve it. my fried got so fed up on the last section of the science diag. that she just started filling in c,c,c,c,c,c.... because we couldn't take it anymore. my brain was exhausted, and all i could thing about was how much i wanted to get out of there. i take it as a not so good sign.
musiclink213,

I had the same exact experience when i took my first princeton diag! I started picking at my cuticles and staring into space during the end of each section...It's really rough, but with practice, you'll build endurance. I recommend taking as many practice tests as possible, also get enough sleep. Working out helps tooo, because i noticed that my lower back was really hurting when I took the exam the first time...since then I've worked out regularly and can sit through the exam effortlessly :) Don't worry, don't think about bad omens, that will only drag you down. Just do your best, review your answers to the diags and take more! :) YOu'll be fine!
*me* :) :rolleyes: :thumbup:

I think i get enough sleep. my roomate likes to go to bed earlier, and without anyone aroudn to talk to, i usually go to sleep too, and i start later than she does. i just couldn't take it anymore. i found out my score today though, 22 overall, 7 on PS, 7 on VR, and 8 on BS. so that's not so bad from what i've heard from other people. i know somebody who also took kaplan who's highest score on any of those diags was i think a 26 and he got a 32 on the real one. but the science diag, i was ashamed to tell my profs how badly i did. they asked me too. but i'll tell you guys since this is anonymous. i got a 27% on physics, 67% on bio, 57% on gen chem and 57% on orgo. but the physics aws the very last thing we did, and i was filling in random letters, and i'm only in the second semester of physics now, so i didn't get to learn everything either.

but my brain got a break today since my kaplan class was cancelled. only i didn't get the message so i went over there, found out it was cancelled, and went to the mall instead. my brain is now fully recovered from the diagnostic ordeal.

eedit to add: i work out a lot. i'm a figure skater, so i'm pretty much always either a) in class b) at the rink c) in the library or d) in the gym. although with all the falls that comes with skating, it seems to do more damage to my back than helping it. my back hasn't been the same since i fell doing a mohawk a couple of months ago (for those who don't know, a mohawk is one of the basic skills in figure skating, often used in entrances to jumps and spins, and is a move i've done for many years). i still have no clue how i managed to fall doing one, but i actually had a bruise on my lower back, and while the bruise is gone, my back still is sore and i can't sit for long periods of time without it getting stiff. that's why icyhot has become my new best friend.