My chances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tensa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my GPA verified and I was wondering if anyone could help me gauge my chances of getting in this cycle.

Canadian Applicant
By matriculation, I will only have 3 years of undergraduate studies (no bachelors)

BCP GPA: 4.0
OGPA: 4.19

DAT Scores:
BIO: 22
CHEM: 18
OCHEM:21
PAT: 28
QR:21
RC:21

100+ hours dental shadowing
Volunteer at free dental clinics
VP pre-dental association at my university
Currently a research assistant ( 500+ hours, have 2 research positions)
Church volunteer

thanks in advance everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I just got my GPA verified and I was wondering if anyone could help me gauge my chances of getting in this cycle.

Canadian Applicant
By matriculation, I will only have 3 years of undergraduate studies (no bachelors)

BCP GPA: 4.0

DAT Scores:
BIO: 20
CHEM: 20
OCHEM:18
QR:18
RC:20

Church volunteer

AMAZING GPA, average DAT, great ECs. Your chances look great.

You go to one of those lucky schools that gives out A+ grades! :D

You have great chances... but I think you already knew that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't see why you wouldn't have a great shot :cool: 28 PAT, nice! :eek::eek:

Hi everyone,

Canadian Applicant

Err

DAT Scores:
BIO: 20
CHEM: 20
OCHEM:18
QR:18
RC:20

Church volunteer

I think you know your chances are excellent.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I'm sorry if my post seemed unnecessary but I just really needed honest advice. I asked because I'm a Canadian applicant (will be applying for a student visa if accepted) AND I won't have a bachelors degree by matriculation!

My goal since day one of university was to go to an american dental school. I just wanted to see if there was a chance considering my visa status

Thanks everyone, I'm sorry if my post seemed unnecessary but I just really needed honest advice. I asked because I'm a Canadian applicant (will be applying for a student visa if accepted) AND I won't have a bachelors degree by matriculation!

My goal since day one of university was to go to an american dental school. I just wanted to see if there was a chance considering my visa status

If you get visa, good, but no bachelors might be a problem, make a list of states or schools you want to go to and read carefully their requirements for entry and/or call the school if not clear.

I know NYU requires bachelor!

Good numerical scores.

what a braggart!

If you get visa, good, but no bachelors might be a problem, make a list of states or schools you want to go to and read carefully their requirements for entry and/or call the school if not clear.

I know NYU requires bachelor!

Good numerical scores.

Isn't the requirement to have a bachelor's degree prior to matriculation? Not just for consideration? In which case, the OP is fine I believe because by the time he/she matriculates (assuming he/she was accepted), it will be the end of the fourth year.

Isn't the requirement to have a bachelor's degree prior to matriculation? Not just for consideration? In which case, the OP is fine I believe because by the time he/she matriculates (assuming he/she was accepted), it will be the end of the fourth year.

I didn't apply to any dental schools requiring a bachelor's degree prior to matriculation.

For NYU, I know for sure they require matriculants to have a bachelor's degree prior to the first day of dental school.