My crack-pot advice on boards study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyMcQ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After taking (and passing) AP/CP boards, many have asked me for advice on how to best prepare. It took me several months to realize it, but I recently discovered what was most helpful for me.

I am a sucker for the NYTimes crossword puzzle and Jeopardy. I think that these two things helped me more than anything else in my success with the boards. Think about it: After going through a reputable training program, all of us will have learned everything we need to know to pass boards. The main challenge with a standardized test is to recall that information. Jeopardy and crosswords exercise that part of your brain that deals with retrieving obscure information.

So there you have it. Stress no more!

Members don't see this ad.

RyMcQ said:
After taking (and passing) AP/CP boards, many have asked me for advice on how to best prepare. I am a sucker for the NYTimes crossword puzzle and Jeopardy. I think that these two things helped me more than anything else in my success with the boards.
The crosswords portion of my brain has atrophied in recent years... I've been filling it with cephalexin and Lasix dosages and the ubiquitous Senior Medicine's Approach to Progressive SOB As You Are Walking Down to Emerg :oops:

Quote of the Day:

General surgeon: "I wonder how much of my brain is occupied with gallbladder."