This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allie1001

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I just finished my DAT earlier today and I want to share my experience. Reading the DAT sdn forums helped me a lot during my preparation so I want to share my scores and the materials I used. Overall, I think DAT Bootcamp is the best resource out there, along with a few others.

Biology= 22
GC= 23
Ochem= 19
PAT=19
RC=23
QR= 19

TS=21
AA=21

Biology:
This section is very daunting to study for. The resource that I found most helpful was AP Bio Cliffs Notes. I actually just googled quizlet sets made by other students based on each individual chapter. I memorize information with flashcards, not by reading so these sets were particularly helpful. Also, I found DAT bootcamp practice tests very helpful. I had several bio questions that I had seen in bootcamp, or actually the same type of question. I never scored above a 19 for bio in the BC practice tests. If you are not too pressed for time, I would recommend watching Crash Course videos on youtube, especially for all the anatomy and physiology. Hank is pretty funny too. I also did about 525 of the DAT destroyer questions. Those questions helped me a ton! Read every explanation to a question, even if you got the answer right. Dr. Romano adds helpful information in the solutions.

GC and Ochem:
Chad's videos. Chad's videos. Chad's videos. For both general and organic chemistry. I took gc back in 2013 and ochem in 2014 so I definitely needed the refresher. His videos not only awesome for general chemistry, they are also great for organic. My score for ochem does not give the resource justice. And of course, the DAT bootcamp practices test were very helpful. Same type of questions. My GC bootcamp scores ranged from 18-22. My ochem scores ranged from 15-22 for bootcamp. I took a practice ochem bootcamp section the day before my DAT and scored a 22. However, I think I got lucky and just got questions of the reactions I knew. I attribute my ochem score to not knowing the reactions well enough so definitely know your reactions! Oh yeah! And the DAT Destroyer. If you want to score above a 20 or either GC or Ochem, I highly recommend the DAT destroyer. Its really tedious to go through and it can be discouraging at some times but just stick with it! I went through all the GC and ochem questions at least once. Again, don't be fooled by my ochem score.

PAT:
Oh man, the PAT. Sadly, this was consistently my best section during my practice exams. On my BC scores ranged from 19-22. I had read on previous forums that they found the bootcamp PAT to be similar to the real DAT. I did not have this experience. I found keyholes, TFE, and angle ranking very difficult. While I still think the BC PAT is a valuable resource, I wish I could have found a resource with harder problems.

RC=
I feel like this section is not something that can really be studied. You just need to find the most effective method and stick with it. I took the Kaplan course over the summer and they taught us the paragraph numbering method. The RC on the real DAT for me was definitely a lot easier than any RC I took on bootcamp.

QR:
My BC scores for this section were all over the place. Ranging from 17-22. I always had a trouble with time during this section and never really mastered it. I also ran out of study time and barely did in problems in the MATH destroyer. However, I did have time to do a couple questions and I finally learned how to do those Standard Work problems. For the most part, BC was comparable to what I experienced on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users