My finalized school list! Any thoughts on my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuhh

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Asian/NY/Stony Brook Undergrad

cGPA 3.70/ sGPA 3.68 (went up by .1-.2 each semester starting from a 3.4 freshmen year)

MCAT 503/522

clinical hrs 400ish, I'm a full-time medical assistant now but couldn't put it on my amcas which would've helped

research= 2 1st-author posters but I really didn't put any effort into them lol (is this enough or the research-heavy schools)

everything else is just the typical stuff

cornell

yale

duke

pittsburgh

mount sinai

case western

michigan

emory

dartmouth

boston

ohio state

cinicinnati

miami

massachusetts

wake forest

tufts

penn state

vermont

rochester

NYU LI

einstein (applied 1.5 weeks ago, still no secondary...????)

hofstra

stony brook

buffalo

upstate

downstate

nymc

Should I add Columbia and Virginia? or is my list fine enough as it is? Given my below avg gpa and low first mcat, will I get flak from the top schools? love yall, thank yall :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should receive several interviews from those schools. You can add any schools that appeal to you.

Reactions: 1 user
UVA licks their chops for a high MCAT, send them an application

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UVA licks their chops for a high MCAT, send them an application
jeez bro ur cycle results are crazyyyyy. I'd retire from med school if I received 17 interviews lmaoo

jeez bro ur cycle results are crazyyyyy. I'd retire from med school if I received 17 interviews lmaoo
Ya know, it's a cool and impressive feat, and not to downplay it, but in hindsight I would have chosen schools better. I chose schools based on maximizing interviews instead of schools I actually wanted to go to. A mix of both would be the best route, I just didn't know how competitive my app would turn out.

Ya know, it's a cool and impressive feat, and not to downplay it, but in hindsight I would have chosen schools better. I chose schools based on maximizing interviews instead of schools I actually wanted to go to. A mix of both would be the best route, I just didn't know how competitive my app would turn out.
hmm interesting, I'm hoping my app is competitive too. Maybe I shud use ur advice and try my luck at UCLA? Idk tho bc moving from NY to LA is for sure to bring a tremendous amount of debt, sadly. What are some schools you wanted to go to that you didn't apply to?