My first post! So many questions! haha

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been reading all of your posts and everything is so helpful and informative! so i finally decided to post a thread!

I am a student at detroit mercy and my overall GPA is a 3.8 and science i believe is around 3.75, i am on a full ride scholarship and i have received a lot of other scholarships and awards from there.

the only thing is that i started at a community college and went there for two years, GPA at a community college is a 3.72, but i only took the general science classes there like bio I and II and GC I and II. i have been at u of d for two years now and i take like 6 upper level science classes at a time!

i have my DAT scheduled on aug 6th but i am submitting my application tonight! do you guys think that is too late? (to take my dat on that date)

also regarding the application, if i had a taken a class but dropped after like two weeks and got a W but then took it a different semester and got a letter grade is that considered a repeated class?

what do you guys think is the lowest DAT score i can get and still be safe? i am obviously aiming for a high score but i am just so nervous!

my dream dental school is u of d, but i applied to around 12 schools :X

also if i babysit do i put that under work experience or is it not even worth mentioning?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I've been reading all of your posts and everything is so helpful and informative! so i finally decided to post a thread!

I am a student at detroit mercy and my overall GPA is a 3.8 and science i believe is around 3.75, i am on a full ride scholarship and i have received a lot of other scholarships and awards from there.

the only thing is that i started at a community college and went there for two years, GPA at a community college is a 3.72, but i only took the general science classes there like bio I and II and GC I and II. i have been at u of d for two years now and i take like 6 upper level science classes at a time!

i have my DAT scheduled on aug 6th but i am submitting my application tonight! do you guys think that is too late? (to take my dat on that date)

also regarding the application, if i had a taken a class but dropped after like two weeks and got a W but then took it a different semester and got a letter grade is that considered a repeated class?

what do you guys think is the lowest DAT score i can get and still be safe? i am obviously aiming for a high score but i am just so nervous!

my dream dental school is u of d, but i applied to around 12 schools :X

also if i babysit do i put that under work experience or is it not even worth mentioning?

If I were you I'd shoot for a 30/30/30 AA/TS/PAT and at least land around 21/21/21. With each cycle becoming more competitive you can never be too sure if you're in the 'safe' zone. At least that was my case with somewhat similar GPA and DAT of 22/23/25 last cycle; however, I applied to only Texas schools and have personally learned my lesson.

Yes you can put down babysitting as work experience assuming you were paid. If that class appears as a W on your transcript and you took it at a later time, then it would be considered a repeat.

If I were you I'd shoot for a 30/30/30 AA/TS/PAT and at least land around 21/21/21. With each cycle becoming more competitive you can never be too sure if you're in the 'safe' zone. At least that was my case with somewhat similar GPA and DAT of 22/23/25 last cycle; however, I applied to only Texas schools and have personally learned my lesson.

Yes you can put down babysitting as work experience assuming you were paid. If that class appears as a W on your transcript and you took it at a later time, then it would be considered a repeat.

how did you not get in with those scores? you apply late?

OP, I think if you apply early, you should be able to get in with a decent DAT and that GPA. I'd apply to many schools though depending on your DAT

Members don't see this ad :)

OP, I think if you apply early, you should be able to get in with a decent DAT and that GPA. I'd apply to many schools though depending on your DAT

Nope. Everything was submitted in mid July; I even received an interview invite before a friend who submitted way earlier than me. Sadly there were acquaintances that I know of with better stats and did not get in, and it was their 2nd cycle. They too fell into the trap and applied to only Texas schools. Hopefully they learned their lesson as well. I tell you, Texas schools are much more affordable but at the same time very hard to get into especially if you don't meet their 'hidden' requirements.

wow your DAT scores are really good! i was really confused because some people are telling me that yes if you retake a W course it is considered a repeated class while others are telling me that it is not, and when i called AADSAS i forgot to ask them :(
and they are closed on weekends uh!

wow your DAT scores are really good! i was really confused because some people are telling me that yes if you retake a W course it is considered a repeated class while others are telling me that it is not, and when i called AADSAS i forgot to ask them :(
and they are closed on weekends uh!

You did retake the first two weeks of that same course right? So wouldn't it logically make sense that you repeated the course, at least for the two weeks?

who would i put my employer was if i babysat for a lot of families? :oops:

You did retake the first two weeks of that same course right? So wouldn't it logically make sense that you repeated the course, at least for the two weeks?

right, but someone had replied to a thread (awhile ago) and said that AADSAS did not count those as repeated courses so maybe they changed their rules? :idea:

yeah it all depends on the DAT unfortunately haha! hopefully my scores will be as good as Koalafied

right, but someone had replied to a thread (awhile ago) and said that AADSAS did not count those as repeated courses so maybe they changed their rules? :idea:

Iono logic tells me the course was repeated. If you're not sure then contact them.

yeah it all depends on the DAT unfortunately haha! hopefully my scores will be as good as Koalafied

Good luck buddy:luck: You don't want to be on this forum too much while studying for the DAT or else you'll psyche yourself out!

Iono logic tells me the course was repeated. If you're not sure then contact them.

Good luck buddy:luck: You don't want to be on this forum too much while studying for the DAT or else you'll psyche yourself out!

lol logic tells me the same thing but you never know how their rules are!

and thank you i noticed that, a lot of people freaking out! its just one last exam to kill!! :D

:)scared:)

can someone tell me who to put as my employer down for babysitting?

Who is your boss? If you don't have a boss, just say yourself. You are your employer. I did that for tutoring. I was a tutor on the side. I said I was my own employer

i tutored too and i put no employer so i guess ill change it to private employer like glimmer! thank you guys!