My first rejection :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trishaaa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got rejected from Wake Forest. I think it's weird that they e-mailed it as a PDF.

Anyway, it's their loss. :cool:

Anyone else receiving rejections already?

Members don't see this ad.

trishaaa said:
Just got rejected from Wake Forest. I think it's weird that they e-mailed it as a PDF.

I am sorry to hear that. I think it's only a matter of time before we all feel the sting of rejection, usually after the secondary check has be cashed. :rolleyes:

racerx said:
I am sorry to hear that. I think it's only a matter of time before we all feel the sting of rejection, usually after the secondary check has be cashed. :rolleyes:

For the ones paid by credit card, I wonder what the schools would do if I would ask my credit card company to do a charge back after rejection due to unsatisfying services :D

Members don't see this ad :)
That's the smartest idea I have heard in a long time. Try it! Try it! I dare you. :clap:

hardy said:
For the ones paid by credit card, I wonder what the schools would do if I would ask my credit card company to do a charge back after rejection due to unsatisfying services :D

I bet you some really angry pre-meds have tried that!

Unfortunately (?), I didn't even get to pay Wake Forest's secondary fee. Being rejected PRE-secondary blows. :(

I still havn't gotten an email from them asking me to fill out a secondary. Do they screen first? I would like to at least be able to fill out a secondary before getting rejected, but I understand that when applying to any medical school rejection is a definite possibility.

trishaaa said:
Unfortunately (?), I didn't even get to pay Wake Forest's secondary fee. Being rejected PRE-secondary blows. :(

Well, I think pre secondary rejection is much better than post secondary. It's rejection in either case but you saved a lot of money and work!

they do screen, actually....

I got an e-mail from them on 7/20 saying:

Dear Applicant:

Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).

Our office will contact you when further information is required.

They should've said, "Our office will contact you when we find a nice way to say that we don't want you."

I just realized how angry I am getting about this!!!!

hardy said:

BEST IDEA EVER!
:D

It'll seem funny later when you're in....

Don't let it get your hopes down- even the best of us are going to see more rejections than acceptances! I have a very large blank wall in front of my desk, which will start accomodating a "wall of shame" very, very soon.

When was your AMCAS verified? Mine was verified almost two weeks ago, and I have not even gotten an email from Wake saying they received it. Only two of the schools I've applied to have sent me emails saying they received my application. What's the deal? Does it normally take this long?

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it in stride Trish, the first one stings the worst...by the 18th or so you just dont care (from personal experience, not saying that you wont get in anywhere). I'd say post interview is the worst kind of rejection because you've paid AMCAS, secondary AAAAAAND potentially airfare across the country and hotel, and a vacation day or two from work...suddenly losing 30 bucks on amcas isnt too bad. But I get what you're saying, because you havent had a chance to let them get to know you and if they knew you they'd probably like you. :D

trishaaa- i agree with the other posters that you shouldn't despair too much due to a WFU rejection. it's only one school and you had the right idea when you said it's their loss...

i received the rejection just 10 minutes ago... AMCAS verified 7/13 and have a 30T MCAT, so i'm honestly a bit surprised to have been rejected PRE- secondary but that's life! the first e-mail was a bit ominous and i knew things did not bode well when i read of others getting their secondary appss... still, a PDF rejection attachement is definitely lame... i am tempted, though, to send them my BU secondary essay on professionalism just for the hell of it... he he! :D

Anyway, best of luck to you on the rest of your secondaries! :)

I got rejected as well. Don't feel bad. Although it does suck to get the first one!

the first cut is the deepest......

Still no word that Wake has received my application (Verified july 18th)

trishaaa said:

Sorry to hear that but don't worry we'll be joining you soon.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm so glad I joined SDN! :D

Yes, this first one does sting, but I do think I'll be able to handle the others well. My coworkers suggested that I purchase a keg after work with the $ I saved on Wake's secondary. Unfortunately, I'm doing counseling at the detox unit tonight...not the place to bring a keg!!!

SuzieQ, my AMCAS was verified on 6/20. Pretty early.

BTW, I think I'm just going to send my picture to Wake and see if that changes their mind ;)

trishaaa said:

When were you verified? I was verified on July 13th and still haven't heard back from them other than the "We'll contact you if we need more information" email.

EDIT: Nevermind - I see you already answered this question.

LJDHC05 said:
Take it in stride Trish, the first one stings the worst...by the 18th or so you just dont care (from personal experience, not saying that you wont get in anywhere). I'd say post interview is the worst kind of rejection because you've paid AMCAS, secondary AAAAAAND potentially airfare across the country and hotel, and a vacation day or two from work...suddenly losing 30 bucks on amcas isnt too bad. But I get what you're saying, because you havent had a chance to let them get to know you and if they knew you they'd probably like you. :D

I'll remind myself of this as the rejections start coming in pre-interview. :) That's a very optimistic approach.

ouch...got the same PDF from wake today. (and i thought i got a secondary b4 opening the mail)

oh well. their loss.

bwells46 said:
When were you verified? I was verified on July 13th and still haven't heard back from them other than the "We'll contact you if we need more information" email.

firebird69guy said:
the first cut is the deepest......

Still no word that Wake has received my application (Verified july 18th)

I'm in the same boat. No word of it being received, and verified on the same day as you.

So I just got the rejection email as well...! haha, for some reason, this is hilarious to me. I'm not sure why! When I saw the email, I was like another secondary?? then I realized the PDF was a small file...and was cracking up..lol..I was so freakin nervous reading the email! haha
In a way, I'm kinda glad they rejected me. That's less essays and money. I'm glad I got rejected now rather than later. Plus, that's one less school to wait on! the UC's haven't even sent anything to me at all! so anyway, it's all good...:D

trishaaa said:
BTW, I think I'm just going to send my picture to Wake and see if that changes their mind ;)

Make it shirtless, trust me... Seriously, stay positive, it sounds like Wake rejected a lot of qualified applicants pre-secondary for some reason.

bwells46 said:

I got mine too. :barf:

Wack Forest ... you have become even classier with your email rejections.

Avalanche21 said:
I'm in the same boat. No word of it being received, and verified on the same day as you.

Mine was also verified on the same day and I have not gotten word of it being received. They must be overloaded with applications right now.

willthatsall said:
Make it shirtless, trust me... Seriously, stay positive, it sounds like Wake rejected a lot of qualified applicants pre-secondary for some reason.

I'll consider it!

Or maybe I'll send a picture from Halloween last year when I dressed up as a Vegas showgirl. Hmmm....

trishaaa said:
I got an e-mail from them on 7/20 saying:

Dear Applicant:

Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS).

Our office will contact you when further information is required.

They should've said, "Our office will contact you when we find a nice way to say that we don't want you."

I just realized how angry I am getting about this!!!!

cheer up Trishaaaaa....its all part of the game.

trishaaa said:
I'll consider it!

Or maybe I'll send a picture from Halloween last year when I dressed up as a Vegas showgirl. Hmmm....

I've already gotten two rejections if it makes anyone feel better: VCU and University of Florida. I was surprised by the VCU rejection since Wake Forest sent me a secondary. It goes to show how completely random the process is. I'm just gonna chalk em both up as being an out-of-state applicant. Anyhow, you gotta keep the spirits up regardless. And yes, send em the pic! ;)

I've just received my first rejection from Wake Forest as well. Sad that it came so early in the game...but the bright side is...I passed both Iowa and VCU!! I am sure everyone here has been rejected at least some time in their life, either in relationships or job interviews. But no matter what happens in the future, we should all realize that being rejected is a large part of the application process, and it is a part of life if you would like. It not only makes us grow stronger emotionally, but also teaches us to treasure the acceptances that we will all have by next year August. If we know how hard it is to get there, we will do our best to protect it...

gogo110182 said:
I've just received my first rejection from Wake Forest as well. Sad that it came so early in the game...but the bright side is...I passed both Iowa and VCU!! I am sure everyone here has been rejected at least some time in their life, either in relationships or job interviews. But no matter what happens in the future, we should all realize that being rejected is a large part of the application process, and it is a part of life if you would like. It not only makes us grow stronger emotionally, but also teaches us to treasure the acceptances that we will all have by next year August. If we know how hard it is to get there, we will do our best to protect it...

Hey if it counts for anything...last cycle, I applied pretty late, made the cut for wake's secondary, spent hours on it, as well as a nice chunk of change, only to be told that I was "in the interview pool, however there doesnt seem to be enough time to interview you". I then spent the next month on edge, on some stupid wait list for an interview, ready to fly out to NC on a whim if anyone gave up their interview. What a waste of time, thought, and money. I wouldve much prefered to be rejected pre-secondary...why even let me fill out the secondary and pay the money, if there was no chance, no matter what i did, to get an interview?

I just got rejected from Wake Forest as well. I knew I would as soon as I saw a .pdf attachment, rather than a link to a website in the body of the email.

woohoo my first "letter of regret" :laugh: oh well. I'm glad they screen. I think more schools should screen.

I guess I ought to feel pretty bad about it and all, but somehow I don't. Maybe I take solace in the fact that they wrote "it's" instead of "its" in the email. I think I'm more disappointed with that than the letter itself.

anyway, hope everyone else takes it easy breezy and keeps hope :)

don't worry, i will be joining you in the rejection category as soon as my amcas becomes verified.

adding my name to the list of people who got the ole' boot today. yea, first cut is the deepest, but whatever, clearly it's their loss. And I'm too cool for wake anyway *storms off in teenage rampage*

jammin06 said:
And I'm too cool for wake anyway *storms off in teenage rampage*

Haha, I got it too and that's how I feel. Actually, I just hope the rejections stop with this one! ahh!

trishaaa

Dont worry, eventhough i didnt get in last year, my first rejection was Wake about this time of year, but I got an interview at Stanford, so its just a very weird, random process and its definetly a roller coaster ride....

Jim

Unfortunately, I'm joining this club too. It was sad to get this letter, esp. since it took awhile to actually open it! Well, I knew I had to get rejected by somebody sometime. Let's just keep on keepin on.

chaeymaey said:
Unfortunately, I'm joining this club too. It was sad to get this letter, esp. since it took awhile to actually open it! Well, I knew I had to get rejected by somebody sometime.

I have been wondering a while why you don't apply to more schools, especially ones with lower averages such as Drexel, MCW, Rosalind Franklin. Especially with a rejection rolling in it would be a good time to add other schools. I am sure you thought about it but every time I see your profile I wonder why you don't apply to more schools!

Yep, I got the rejection too. It was the first of my screening schools to get back to me. Great way to start the process. :p

hardy said:
I have been wondering a while why you don't apply to more schools, especially ones with lower averages such as Drexel, MCW, Rosalind Franklin. Especially with a rejection rolling in it would be a good time to add other schools. I am sure you thought about it but every time I see your profile I wonder why you don't apply to more schools!

Does MCW give preference to state residents? That may be a reason for her NOT to apply since she is from Texas.

beponychick said:
Does MCW give preference to state residents? That may be a reason for her NOT to apply since she is from Texas.

I don't know, they might. I am just nosey.

Huh, I don't get it. I was in the interview pool last year and this year I get rejected pre-secondary? :confused:

Nakhrewali said:
I've already gotten two rejections if it makes anyone feel better: VCU and University of Florida. I was surprised by the VCU rejection since Wake Forest sent me a secondary. It goes to show how completely random the process is. I'm just gonna chalk em both up as being an out-of-state applicant. Anyhow, you gotta keep the spirits up regardless. And yes, send em the pic! ;)

Yeah, from what I've been told, UF is VERY tough to get into for out-of-state students.

bwells46 said:
Huh, I don't get it. I was in the interview pool last year and this year I get rejected pre-secondary? :confused:

I dunno either man. It looks like WFU was pretty f'in random this year. :(

Nakhrewali said:
I dunno either man. It looks like WFU was pretty f'in random this year. :(

Yeah. This makes no sense. How can a school decide you're good enough to interview one year and decide you're not even good enough for the secondary the very next year?

Just got rejected from VCU...
I'm reminded of Office Space, where they start letting go of ppl on Friday...

Samir Nada... Nada... Nada gonna work here anymore! :)

nvshelat said:
Just got rejected from VCU...
I'm reminded of Office Space, where they start letting go of ppl on Friday...

Samir Nada... Nada... Nada gonna work here anymore! :)

are you out of state? Im still waiting for my rejection! :rolleyes: