My Last day at CVS 7/16/09

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor M

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:D

12 more hours of standing, no lunch or bathroom breaks...and then freedom...

update to come...

Members don't see this ad.

I will post all details tomorrow...after my last second at CVS
:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, I just started training with them! OMG

our phone rings and rings and rings. Its summer time and we usually drop in rx's. We are filling 500+ daily; cant wait to see what they fill in season...god help them!

Oh man, you gotta spill the details now. Alright, as soon as you get home.

Patience is a virtue...god knows i have learned that working at CVS! Dont worry, with time...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
god bless you. it only took me 5 whole months staffing before i said enough was enough

These corporations are brutal...I have a lot of patience and even i get driven off the deep end!

ehhhh...I'm a cheap date... no more than 2 beers...

Whaaaaaat? I thought you'd never leave! Congrats! Not necessarily on leaving, but on making a huge decision that will put you in a career where you'll be happier. :D

That's funny, I get carded many times for R movies.
Me too! Well, I haven't been carded for almost a year now. I guess I'm starting to look older now. :( But a bouncer at a club did examine my ID for a good long minute and he gave me the doubtful stink eye. :) Whoohoo!

"Do I really look 16 or 17 years old" And he's like "well, sir, I'm just doing my job"

That's when you counter with "You know, the SS said the same thing."

That's the problem with protocol-based security; it turns security folks into blithering idiots. It's a bit early in this thread to demonstrate Godwin's Law, so please accept my sincere apology.

im 25 and have gotten carded very often, although not as much recently. maybe i've aged since working 2nd shift...

Congratulations. I am starting to look for a hospital job. Going to start per diem and slowly move my way in. Just waiting for this damn contract to expire and pay off a few more student loans. Looks foward to the day that loans are <6 figures.

Either that........ or open my own pharmacy. Been saving and looking for a while now. I dont care how much I make once I finish paying off my student loans.

our phone rings and rings and rings. Its summer time and we usually drop in rx's. We are filling 500+ daily; cant wait to see what they fill in season...god help them!

I thought most of the patients come because of you, so the script count should drop when you leave. So maybe it won't be that bad.

Hey did u have any automation in your store? We do 2000 a week and we don't even have a kirby Lester... We have to count EVERYTHING by hand. Maybe you can swipe you Kirby Lester on the way out and send it over here.

Oh and I got carded buying a lottery ticket. I am 33. I wouldn't ever get mad at someone for doing their job, people can lose their job by not carding someone, besides I would rather look 18 than 48, I know people my age that look that old.

Doctor M! Where ya been? I guess the 12 hour shifts do not leave much time for anything else. Congrats on escaping the hell hole known as CVS. I look forward to hearing what is next for you. I have an idea I think.

Doctor M! Where ya been? I guess the 12 hour shifts do not leave much time for anything else. Congrats on escaping the hell hole known as CVS. I look forward to hearing what is next for you. I have an idea I think.

lol your standard post for a CVS employee poster consists of:

"Hey (insert poster name here)! You're still alive! Haven't seen you around in a while! I thought those 12-14 hour shifts at CVS had finally gotten to you to the point where you went postal on your customers! I was expecting to see you on the news!"

just something that i noticed...

i know what you are going to do, you are going to come and teach at your alma mater!

He told me in secrecy... he's the newest member of the newly revived "Village People." He'll be wearing a white coat over his tight spandex shorts.

Y M C A... everybody sing along!

In case ive kept you all in suspense, i might as well tell you all, since i am now unemployed...

Ive taken the plunge. I open up in a few weeks. I am now in an elite group of independents...

There, it is done

In case ive kept you all in suspense, i might as well tell you all, since i am now unemployed...

Ive taken the plunge. I open up in a few weeks. I am now in an elite group of independents...

There, it is done
good luck dude! what kind of niche are you looking to fill?

I thought most of the patients come because of you, so the script count should drop when you leave. So maybe it won't be that bad.

Hey did u have any automation in your store? We do 2000 a week and we don't even have a kirby Lester... We have to count EVERYTHING by hand. Maybe you can swipe you Kirby Lester on the way out and send it over here.

Oh and I got carded buying a lottery ticket. I am 33. I wouldn't ever get mad at someone for doing their job, people can lose their job by not carding someone, besides I would rather look 18 than 48, I know people my age that look that old.

Yeah, they do, but i came to the decision that the corporation does not deserve my services...the patients do. So I quit...the corporation...but i would never quit my patients. They will find me...

2700-3100 rx's per week, 2 day time rphs (no overlap) no automation. Of course now that I leave they dont have anyone to fill the position...i gave a 3 week notice, and of course im told that they are looking to put a permanent overlap rph in. Good luck with that. they had 2 newly licensed rphs try the store and they both bolted. Cant blame them. the store was a tough one. I learned a lot, gave great service, but i was meant to be on my own...

i know what you are going to do, you are going to come and teach at your alma mater!

I would come to teach a class on how to open your own store...Im sure Fiebs has that covered! I was just up there in Buffalo for PAWNY/PSSNY golf outing. Went to the dinner...are you a member of PAWNY?

2700-3100 rx's per week, 2 day time rphs (no overlap) no automation. Of course now that I leave they dont have anyone to fill the position...i gave a 3 week notice, and of course im told that they are looking to put a permanent overlap rph in. Good luck with that. they had 2 newly licensed rphs try the store and they both bolted. Cant blame them. the store was a tough one. I learned a lot, gave great service, but i was meant to be on my own...

Good Luck to you. I wish you all the best. It's a shame to loose you because your boss was a j-off. There is no way you should be doing that many rx's w/o overlap. That means he stole hours out of your store and put them somewhere else or he banked them to look good for his boss.... Our loss is someone else's gain.....

Congrats and good luck dude! Despite what others might say, I still think there are great opportunities out there for pharmacists who want to open their own pharmacies.

Good Luck to you. I wish you all the best. It's a shame to loose you because your boss was a j-off. There is no way you should be doing that many rx's w/o overlap. That means he stole hours out of your store and put them somewhere else or he banked them to look good for his boss.... Our loss is someone else's gain.....

My immediate supervisor was great, but the DM's and RM's i was not to keen on. on my last day today i got my ass kicked. i must have been at 450 by 7pm. What a joke...Anyway, thanks for the good wishes!!

That's great news! CONGRATS!!! You'll do very well I'm sure.

You are the man. Someone who has the balls do something about his chitty work conditions instead of endlessly complaining. You definatly learned something from CVS...the wrong way to run a retail pharmacy.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. You never know it may inspire a few on here to break out on thier own.