You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
My Last day at CVS 7/16/09
Started by Doctor M
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
😀
12 more hours of standing, no lunch or bathroom breaks...and then freedom...
update to come...
good choice my friend...
Oooooh. Sounds juicy, can't wait.
How long have you been in the trench (aka cvs)?
5 long years! Just had my 5th anniversary on May 24th!
Dude, I just started training with them! OMG
Dude, I just started training with them! OMG
good luck. are you working for them in southern NJ or PA? their stores in southern NJ seem alright...
Dude, I just started training with them! OMG
all i gotta say is Good luck 🙂
Dude, I just started training with them! OMG
our phone rings and rings and rings. Its summer time and we usually drop in rx's. We are filling 500+ daily; cant wait to see what they fill in season...god help them!
Oh man, you gotta spill the details now. Alright, as soon as you get home.
Patience is a virtue...god knows i have learned that working at CVS! Dont worry, with time...🙂
5 long years! Just had my 5th anniversary on May 24th!
god bless you. it only took me 5 whole months staffing before i said enough was enough
god bless you. it only took me 5 whole months staffing before i said enough was enough
These corporations are brutal...I have a lot of patience and even i get driven off the deep end!
These corporations are brutal...I have a lot of patience and even i get driven off the deep end!
Damnit....that's one thing I have.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ehhhh...I'm a cheap date... no more than 2 beers...
We have yet to hear Vanc's take on Yuengling.
-Mikey goes on a booze run since he's drinking apple juice (just kidding mikey)
I actually don't drink. That and mountain air is why I don't look anything close to 26 years old. So, yeah, I'll be the DD....
Me too! Well, I haven't been carded for almost a year now. I guess I'm starting to look older now. 🙁 But a bouncer at a club did examine my ID for a good long minute and he gave me the doubtful stink eye. 🙂 Whoohoo!That's funny, I get carded many times for R movies.
"Do I really look 16 or 17 years old" And he's like "well, sir, I'm just doing my job"
That's when you counter with "You know, the SS said the same thing."
That's the problem with protocol-based security; it turns security folks into blithering idiots. It's a bit early in this thread to demonstrate Godwin's Law, so please accept my sincere apology.
im 25 and have gotten carded very often, although not as much recently. maybe i've aged since working 2nd shift...
Congratulations. I am starting to look for a hospital job. Going to start per diem and slowly move my way in. Just waiting for this damn contract to expire and pay off a few more student loans. Looks foward to the day that loans are <6 figures.
Either that........ or open my own pharmacy. Been saving and looking for a while now. I dont care how much I make once I finish paying off my student loans.
http://jobs-galderma.icims.com/jobs/1291/job
Maybe also apply for a fellowship in industry. I have a buddy who just finished doing one for pfizer and thinks its the best thing in the world. The only con is that all the industries are merging.
Maybe also apply for a fellowship in industry. I have a buddy who just finished doing one for pfizer and thinks its the best thing in the world. The only con is that all the industries are merging.
our phone rings and rings and rings. Its summer time and we usually drop in rx's. We are filling 500+ daily; cant wait to see what they fill in season...god help them!
I thought most of the patients come because of you, so the script count should drop when you leave. So maybe it won't be that bad.
Hey did u have any automation in your store? We do 2000 a week and we don't even have a kirby Lester... We have to count EVERYTHING by hand. Maybe you can swipe you Kirby Lester on the way out and send it over here.
Oh and I got carded buying a lottery ticket. I am 33. I wouldn't ever get mad at someone for doing their job, people can lose their job by not carding someone, besides I would rather look 18 than 48, I know people my age that look that old.
Doctor M! Where ya been? I guess the 12 hour shifts do not leave much time for anything else. Congrats on escaping the hell hole known as CVS. I look forward to hearing what is next for you. I have an idea I think.
Doctor M! Where ya been? I guess the 12 hour shifts do not leave much time for anything else. Congrats on escaping the hell hole known as CVS. I look forward to hearing what is next for you. I have an idea I think.
lol your standard post for a CVS employee poster consists of:
"Hey (insert poster name here)! You're still alive! Haven't seen you around in a while! I thought those 12-14 hour shifts at CVS had finally gotten to you to the point where you went postal on your customers! I was expecting to see you on the news!"
just something that i noticed...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i know what you are going to do, you are going to come and teach at your alma mater!
Hellooooo, we're all dying of suspense here. 😛
He told me in secrecy... he's the newest member of the newly revived "Village People." He'll be wearing a white coat over his tight spandex shorts.
Y M C A... everybody sing along!
Y M C A... everybody sing along!
Congrats ! 👍
We're rootin for your success!
We're rootin for your success!
good luck dude! what kind of niche are you looking to fill?In case ive kept you all in suspense, i might as well tell you all, since i am now unemployed...
Ive taken the plunge. I open up in a few weeks. I am now in an elite group of independents...
There, it is done
I thought most of the patients come because of you, so the script count should drop when you leave. So maybe it won't be that bad.
Hey did u have any automation in your store? We do 2000 a week and we don't even have a kirby Lester... We have to count EVERYTHING by hand. Maybe you can swipe you Kirby Lester on the way out and send it over here.
Oh and I got carded buying a lottery ticket. I am 33. I wouldn't ever get mad at someone for doing their job, people can lose their job by not carding someone, besides I would rather look 18 than 48, I know people my age that look that old.
Yeah, they do, but i came to the decision that the corporation does not deserve my services...the patients do. So I quit...the corporation...but i would never quit my patients. They will find me...
good luck dude! what kind of niche are you looking to fill?
compounding, immunizations, medical supplies. We are gonna get into home infusion.
I thought most of the patients come because of you, so the script count should drop when you leave. So maybe it won't be that bad.
Hey did u have any automation in your store? We do 2000 a week and we don't even have a kirby Lester... We have to count EVERYTHING by hand. Maybe you can swipe you Kirby Lester on the way out and send it over here.
Oh and I got carded buying a lottery ticket. I am 33. I wouldn't ever get mad at someone for doing their job, people can lose their job by not carding someone, besides I would rather look 18 than 48, I know people my age that look that old.
2700-3100 rx's per week, 2 day time rphs (no overlap) no automation. Of course now that I leave they dont have anyone to fill the position...i gave a 3 week notice, and of course im told that they are looking to put a permanent overlap rph in. Good luck with that. they had 2 newly licensed rphs try the store and they both bolted. Cant blame them. the store was a tough one. I learned a lot, gave great service, but i was meant to be on my own...
i know what you are going to do, you are going to come and teach at your alma mater!
I would come to teach a class on how to open your own store...Im sure Fiebs has that covered! I was just up there in Buffalo for PAWNY/PSSNY golf outing. Went to the dinner...are you a member of PAWNY?
2700-3100 rx's per week, 2 day time rphs (no overlap) no automation. Of course now that I leave they dont have anyone to fill the position...i gave a 3 week notice, and of course im told that they are looking to put a permanent overlap rph in. Good luck with that. they had 2 newly licensed rphs try the store and they both bolted. Cant blame them. the store was a tough one. I learned a lot, gave great service, but i was meant to be on my own...
Good Luck to you. I wish you all the best. It's a shame to loose you because your boss was a j-off. There is no way you should be doing that many rx's w/o overlap. That means he stole hours out of your store and put them somewhere else or he banked them to look good for his boss.... Our loss is someone else's gain.....
Good Luck to you. I wish you all the best. It's a shame to loose you because your boss was a j-off. There is no way you should be doing that many rx's w/o overlap. That means he stole hours out of your store and put them somewhere else or he banked them to look good for his boss.... Our loss is someone else's gain.....
My immediate supervisor was great, but the DM's and RM's i was not to keen on. on my last day today i got my ass kicked. i must have been at 450 by 7pm. What a joke...Anyway, thanks for the good wishes!!
Yeah; best of luck to you! Wish you tons of success and lots of great stories to share with everyone here...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you all for your support...🙂
Dude..you may not remember this but you pm asked me about DME some time ago... hope I didn't mislead you!
Good Luck anyways.
Dude..you may not remember this but you pm asked me about DME some time ago... hope I didn't mislead you!
Good Luck anyways.
Not at all...i have a feeling it will all be ok...😉
You are the man. Someone who has the balls do something about his chitty work conditions instead of endlessly complaining. You definatly learned something from CVS...the wrong way to run a retail pharmacy.
Keep us posted on how you are doing. You never know it may inspire a few on here to break out on thier own.
Keep us posted on how you are doing. You never know it may inspire a few on here to break out on thier own.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K