My LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longnguyen

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I asked 6 of my professors to write a LOR, and selected those below.
I got accepted to the 7 schools I applied to.
Hope this will help you and give you an idea for those who are applying for next year.
Good luck!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a distinct pleasure to recommend Long Nguyen. I have known him for over two years as a student, and as an employee, so I feel that I can completely describe his abilities. In terms of both his effort and his performance, he is endowed with mental superiority that I have rarely seen in nineteen years at this university.

Long was my student for two Anatomy and Physiology courses and he achieved an A in both courses. As I am considered to be one of the “tough” instructors at the University of Florida, this is not that common an event. However, inspection of his transcripts indicates the reason that he achieved those grades, with apparently little difficulty. The academic background strength of this student is simply incredible. As such, it is clear that Long is definitely an academically superior student. He is flexible, quick, and receptive to instruction. This young man’s oral and written expression are superior. He is refined, insightful, confident, clear, and engaging as a speaker and writer.

Long has also been a teacher assistant helping me to maintain the teaching laboratories. He is very responsible, comes to work on time and finishes his assignments with very little supervision. He goes beyond simply following directions and makes decisions to improve the situation, on his own. His work ethic is high and his performance standards are even higher. Long will have the necessary persistence to succeed in any work environment. Long’s psychological stability and maturity are those of a man much older than he. He is rock solid as a student and as a professional. Additionally, Long is a pleasure to work with having a positive attitude about his work.

Long is quietly confident without being the least bit shy. His academic achievements are so stunning at his young age that they naturally create a confidence that is neither arrogant nor strained. Never shying away from a challenge, Long went on to enroll and succeed in the most demanding science and language courses at the college, where he again passed every intellectual and personal trial with ease and confidence. Clear about his professional goals, he has patiently invested the necessary time and effort to gain admission to a college of pharmacy, where I have no doubt he will bring distinction to whatever institution has the good fortune to attract him.

Personally, Long Nguyen makes a most favorable impression. He smiles easily, makes others feel comfortable in his presence, and exudes the gentle, humble strength of a man who is aware of his extraordinary abilities and accomplishments but chooses not to flaunt them. I give his application for admission my highest possible endorsement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am writing this reference letter on behalf of Long Nguyen. Long has asked me to write this letter since he would like to be a pharmacy professional.

I have known Long for about a year, since he is a student in both my section of PHY2054 — General Physics II lecture class and PHY 2049L — Physics Laboratory, during the Fall of 2004. The lecture class consists of 3 hours of lecture and the lab class meets about 3 hours per week. I can state that I know him very well. The reason being, that both lecture and lab sections were small (less than 24 students).

As observed in the classroom and laboratory, Long has many times assisted his peers (in his immediate group and also outside his immediate group) whenever the occasion arose. Long participates fully in the laboratory, working well with his peers to perform experiments. Most times, he takes charge in setting up and collecting data. Long’s lab reports, exam sheets and quizzes are all neatly laid out and well-explained. He is also able to communicate effectively orally. Based on conversations we have had, I can attest to his inquiring mind. He is truly a good thinker and problem solver, which I think are excellent traits for the profession which he wishes to pursue.

During the semester Long maintained good grades even though the workload increased and the subject matter became increasingly difficult. He has exhibited self-confidence by his ability to complete exams and quizzes independently with high grades. His average grades are A on tests, which indicates his excellent thinking and problem solving skills since tests are based on conceptual questions and problems. Long has also to date obtained A on quizzes which shows his ability to keep up with the class and do the material well. His grades reflect his meticulous nature since he explains concepts very well and works through problems in an orderly and logical manner. I am also aware that he has been on the Dean’s list for every single semester.

Long gets the “job” done as evidenced by all the classes which he has taken (and done extremely well) towards his goal of a Pharmacy career. Long has expressed his goal of being a profession in the field of pharmacy through his qualities of compassion and dedication to be of service to those in need of pharmaceutical care.

In summary, I think that Long is a capable person with a focus on what he would like to make of himself. I believe that Long’s quiet and thoughtful disposition is necessary for the profession which he has chosen. My general opinion of Long is that he is a composed, focused and caring individual who will make an excellent professional in the pharmaceutical area. Due to Long’s pleasant, personable, attentive personality, his friendly disposition, maturity and overall excellent attitude, I therefore strongly recommend him to you. If I can be of further assistance in your evaluation of Long Nguyen, please do not hesitate to contact me at **** or via email at *****.

Members don't see this ad.

How were you able to see what your professors wrote?

PolarBear21 said:
How were you able to see what your professors wrote?

Some of them gave me a copy of their LOR, and others didn't seal their envelopes so I was able to read all my LORs and select the best ones for my application.

If your professors doesn't want you to read his LOR, here what you can do. Let's say you are applying to 4 schools, request 5 LORs instead of 4, so you can open one to see what he/she wrote.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hah!! thats funny.. because I actually am doing that.. on accident though....

I'm not applying to Loma Linda anymore.

Great LORS by the way

How were they unsealed? Most of the schools usually request that the envelope be sealed and signed at the flap.

For me? Well they are sealed.. signed over the seal and everything. But for my case, I have the application for Loma Linda and had my prof write it and mail it to me sealed.. but I later decided on not applying there so.. I opened it :::hides in a corner:::

PolarBear21 said:
For me? Well they are sealed.. signed over the seal and everything. But for my case, I have the application for Loma Linda and had my prof write it and mail it to me sealed.. but I later decided on not applying there so.. I opened it :::hides in a corner:::

So how was the letter? :rolleyes:

Hrmm... well lets just say its not as good as yours :)