My PCAT score ruined everything..what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalagirl

lalagirl
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my pcat score today... I bombed in three sections.. Although I got 94,95 in two sections, I ended up getting composite score 68....
When I first saw the score, I serioulsy wanted to quit everyhing and give up,..but I know I can't
I am going to register another PCAT in august..I haven't studied since June... I don't have any confidence that I am going to get any better score on the next one, plus I have crazy school and work schedules until Agust..
My probelm is.. I was going to e-submit Pharmcas application today or tomorrow, but now I know that my pcat score would not even let me have an interview, I think I need to replan my application schedule...
Do you guys think that I should still apply early with that score? I am retaking the pcat, but I am worried that adcom will not wait until my second score arrives and just decline my application....
what should I do? should I wait until mid-september to apply or should I apply now? Everything is messed up... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have seen on this site, submit your application so the adcom can start looking at your application. On PharmCAS you can indicate if you plan to take the PCAT again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am totally with you guys. I just got my scores back, and I got a 72 AND this is the second time that I have taken it. You can only take it 3 times right?? Not that I would take it a fourth time. I think I am just going to study even harder and follow the advice that others have given me. This is so embarrassing that I have to take it a 3rd time! What is my problem?!
If anyone has any advice to offer please let me know, thanks!

You can take it as many times as you wish. Most schools usually take the best score.

All of you, do not give up. If you chose pharmacy, stick with it. Study the sections that you did poorly on; isolate each section and spend a week or two and study it intensely. Lalagirl, you made a 94 and a 95 in two of the sections. That's something you should be proud of. Not many people can do that. I suggest you take the PCAT in October, so you don't feel too rushed. In the mean time, pick up some MCAT, GRE, and even the newer SAT books to help you with the sections you are struggling with.

i have a question but i am new on this site so i dont know where to post?
is the PCAT graded over 100?
and for the pharmcas if i wana apply but i am only taking prerequisite for a specific school that i am planning to get into so can i apply to many pharmacy schools knowing that i am only taking the required clases for a certain school?

See FAQ stickied at the top, but real quick, no it is not.

and for the pharmcas if i wana apply but i am only taking prerequisite for a specific school that i am planning to get into so can i apply to many pharmacy schools knowing that i am only taking the required clases for a certain school?

I tried hard to understand this but could not. Try using sentences >_<

i have a question but i am new on this site so i dont know where to post?

You can, but it's a complete waste of money unless you have some plan for how you would complete the needed prereqs in the event that you did not get into your first choice school and needed to attend one of the backup schools. Ultimately you will have to finish all the prereqs for the school you attend, and I don't know too many people who were confident enough that they only applied to one pharmacy school.

Don't worry. Just submit your application and retake the PCAT this August. It's still considered early. I took the PCAT like 100 times. When I submitted my application, my highest was a 59. I took the PCAT again in January and got a 73, but I was already accepted with a 59. So the score of 73 didn't even help me and I wasted a $100..lol...So there's hope, don't give up. And I know someone that got in with 57 and 55 :)

Don't worry. Just submit your application and retake the PCAT this August. It's still considered early. I took the PCAT like 100 times. When I submitted my application, my highest was a 59. I took the PCAT again in January and got a 73, but I was already accepted with a 59. So the score of 73 didn't even help me and I wasted a $100..lol...So there's hope, don't give up. And I know someone that got in with 57 and 55 :)

What school did you apply to? =D