My progress so far and my CBT fears

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Banjo64dd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so far, here is my progress:

4R - 27
5R - 27
6R - 28 (off by a 29 by 1 question)

I have taken the paper exams (plus the old aamc tests, not the condensed ones) but I haven't taken the CBT test online (the 3R one). I've come a long way since my first MCAT scores were a 23 and then a 24 (at least I improved, and yes this is the 3rd time I will be retaking it). I'm just wondering if any people's scores have gone down because they had to read and answer the questions on a computer. I haven't taken the CBT version yet b/c I am scared for some reason that my score will go down b/c I am not used to it. Has anyone had this problem or am I being paranoid?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm a little concerned too. I did the free CBT online and had a really hard time focusing. Maybe because I was at home, but I also did a computer based reading experiment at school where we were all in a lab similar to the prometrics setup and it was still really hard to concentrate.

we've all taken hand written tests since elementary school this is a big change that too for a big test sucks for us i also find that i perform better on paper pencil exams

That's funny, I find myself actually attracted to the idea of taking the CBT format. Different strokes :confused:

My recommendation: Dive right in to the CBT format. It really isn't that drastically different or drastically difficult.

It makes sense that we are used to written exams, but what concerns my is this:

The first two times I took the MCAT I was abiding by a faulty strategy for the verbal section, earning myself a 6 both times. Now that I have rectified that, i finally have a 9. It would be a cruel twist of fate if my score goes down simply because the test is computerized now. I know I'm just being paranoid, but I thought I'd just share my feelings with the SDN public. :oops: