1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

My school doesn't have Bio 2

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by colt, Dec 13, 2005.

1. colt

colt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I go to a small college (Belmont Abbey) and the only introductory biology class is called "Natural World". Well, I've taken this class and now they want me to take organismal diversity because it's next in line for a bio major. Most of the dental schools I've looked at say take bio 2, but we don't have that class. I called another school, and they said it would transfer as bio 1, BUT bio 2 would cover a lot of the material from 'natural world'. They even looked at the syllabus.

I guess my school has bio 1 and 2 merged into one class---Would a dental school look at this class as both bio 1 and 2?? Should I go to another school and take bio 2? :confused:

Help anyone?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eapleitez

eapleitez Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would take those classes at another school.

4. colt

colt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't understand why they would have it like that....we have people that apply/go to med school.

5. LadyxJC

LadyxJC Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

someone else had a similar post about chem... But as I suggested to that person, I would go speak to an advisor! It's probably the best thing to do because they should know what classes are required for dental school and what the equivalents of those required classes are at your school, if your school indeed doesn't have bio 2~

6. Mackchops

Mackchops Toothy grin
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hey,

My small liberal arts college was the same way. Top-tier program with a high acceptance rate into professional programs but only a single course called "Intro to Bio". My recommendation would be the same as Lady's... speak to the pre-med advisor at your school and find out what student's normally take to complete the universally required "Bio II". All the d-schools I called told me to do the same thing and I quickly found out that there is an easy answer because SURPRISE!!!!... You're not the first at your school to realize this problem.

PM me if you have any other questions.
    Mack