This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TLDR12345

Reaction score
So, first off my scores from July 18th (today):
Bio: 98
Chem:96
CR: 96
QR:77
Cumulative: 97

So, needless to say I'm disappointed in my QR score since it's the section that I worked the hardest on but, honestly, I was spent by the end of the exam.

Things I used: pearson exams and Collins practice tests/review and Kaplan 2018

I'm a nontrad and my Bio background is solid. So, I looked over a few things for this one but not much. I actually thought that the section was more difficult than the pearson practice tests and the Collins. More passages and more involved. But again, nontrad, so ymmv.

Chem: I was pleasantly surprised that this section was pretty straightforward and easier than the pearson/collins tests. It's been ages since I've been in a chem class so I put a significant amount of time into this by going through Kaplan, collins and pearson.

CR: Always been good at this sort of thing... I just took the pearson tests.

QR: man, I spent dayssss re-learning everything and the actual test questions were easier than the practice ones but I was tired and pretty much done. Ran out of time and guessed on the last 10 or so.

Hope that helps! Just keep chugging along and don't ignore the things that you miss! learn and re-learn and learn some more. and practice. timed. always.

*Edit: I have the 2018 Kaplan, Collins updated through 2018 (with all of the new reading q's) and various other books for sale. PM if interested! None of them were written in.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So, first off my scores:
Bio: 98
Chem:96
CR: 96
QR:77
Cumulative: 97

So, needless to say I'm disappointed in my QR score since it's the section that I worked the hardest on but, honestly, I was spent by the end of the exam.

Things I used: pearson exams and Collins practice tests/review and Kaplan 2018

I'm a nontrad and my Bio background is solid. So, I looked over a few things for this one but not much. I actually thought that the section was more difficult than the pearson practice tests and the Collins. More passages and more involved. But again, nontrad, so ymmv.

Chem: I was pleasantly surprised that this section was pretty straightforward and easier than the pearson/collins tests. It's been ages since I've been in a chem class so I put a significant amount of time into this by going through Kaplan, collins and pearson.

CR: Always been good at this sort of thing... I just took the pearson tests.

QR: man, I spent dayssss re-learning everything and the actual test questions were easier than the practice ones but I was tired and pretty much done. Ran out of time and guessed on the last 10 or so.

Hope that helps! Just keep chugging along and don't ignore the things that you miss! learn and re-learn and learn some more. and practice. timed. always.
I got a 93 today

Hello, did any of you use Collins 9 practice exams for Quant? Are they easier than the actual PCAT? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, did any of you use Collins 9 practice exams for Quant? Are they easier than the actual PCAT? Thanks!
I took the test today and I would say the level of difficulty easier on the actual test. BUT, time went crazy fast so ended up guessing 10 questions.

I took the test today and I would say the level of difficulty easier on the actual test. BUT, time went crazy fast so ended up guessing 10 questions.

Hi! Do you have any other rec to improve Quant score then? If you did well on your Quant section, what did you use? Thanks!

Hi! Do you have any other rec to improve Quant score then? If you did well on your Quant section, what did you use? Thanks!
Unfortunately, I did not get my unofficial score yet because there was a connection problem with the printer and my computer, which I'm still mad about lol. It was my first time taking the PCAT so I don't know about the exam on other dates but based on what I studied with (Pearson and Collin's) I felt the exam that I took today was much closer to Pearson. So, I recommend Pearson above anything else. Frankly, I saw 2-3 of the same questions that I saw on Pearson practice questions (but easy questions). But again, I felt quant section is more of "how much can you solve in given time" rather than "what do you know" because even though I knew how to answer all the questions, time was the damn problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I did... I used all of them. I thought they were good for practice but there were def more word problems on the real one

Reactions: 1 user
I would say work on your timing, avoid using the calculator and work on being able to make educated guesses. And word problems. Do all of the word problems.