My Situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

organicnerd

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Situation:

I had dropped out of university in first year due to bad marks, i had taken online courses and showed improvement, after a year i was reinstated back into university.

Cumulative Average for students who are reinstated is reset to 0.0 on zero units. The courses which i took first yr and failed will be counted or not?

my goal is to get into pharmacy school and I am planning to work very hard

Thanks... plz reply

Members don't see this ad.

For most schools, if the grades show on your transcript, they will be counted. If they show as a W, they will not be counted in your gpa, but schools will still see them. However, it seems like you are just starting out and you have plenty of time to do well in your pre-pharm courses. Work hard, show an upward trend, and you can be a competitive applicant.

PharmCAS asks that you submit all your transcripts and grades. I would make sure that if they show up anywhere that PharmCAS gets them. Even then I would call them and ask PharmCAS. They will send your application back if they think you are trying to 'cheat' the system. It could cause you to lose your chance at a year or forever.

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmCAS asks that you submit all your transcripts and grades. I would make sure that if they show up anywhere that PharmCAS gets them. Even then I would call them and ask PharmCAS. They will send your application back if they think you are trying to 'cheat' the system. It could cause you to lose your chance at a year or forever.

what do you mean by cheat and how they will know unless u dont send the transcripts?

do pharm look at online courses (athabasca) and would they consider the grades if i take them?

Online courses will be calculated into your gpa, now, as to whether your specific pharm school will use it to fulfill prereqs, that depends on the pharm school. Contact the schools you are interested in applying to find out. Just from reading other posts, its seems generally that liberal arts courses are ok to take online and science courses are not recommended. But, still contact the schools to make sure.

Background checks are run on you, and lying about anything, especially transcripts, is grounds for expulsion.