My "tiff" with SDN Pharmacy Forum....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're still pre-pharmacy. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

EDIT: nevermind, looks like you just didn't change your status...

I am a licensed pharmacist in the state of florida. i have been practicing since August ,2010. I neved updated my status.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to same I am completely amazed that someone would basically say they are not worth what they are paid.

I guess I could understand that maybe those individuals are not worth what they are paid, perhaps they are not doing enough. I have worked with some of the apathetic pharmacists and yes, they aren't worth any more than 70K.

But I am worth more than I get paid. I have help to increase my company's sales, establish a more efficient work-flow, and decrease the med errors by about 65% since last quarter. And frankly, with the liability that pharmacists have 120K seems reasonable.
 
I have to same I am completely amazed that someone would basically say they are not worth what they are paid.

I'm not saying that I'm not worth it, my skills and knowledge is 100k+. What I'm saying is that I don't deserve it at my current job doing what I do on a daily basis. I'm under employed yet overpaid. If retail wasn't the wreck it is, it'd be a dream situation
 
Too many redwoods blocking my view.:meanie:
No smog to block the mountains, it's great.

I saw Humboldt after I'd posted that. I like to comment as I see posts, and then I usually see the answer after the fact. 😉

We roadtripped through there this time last year. Tacoma to Ashland, Ashland to Chico/Orland, Chico/Orland to Brookings via Ukiah (swung south to meet up with a high school friend, and to be able to take 101 through Redwood country), Brookings to back home. It was a lovely trip.

If I could or wanted to ever move again, it'd be either to Southern OR or the northern CA coast.
 
Signed on as pharmacy manager at a small hospital near san Antonio for 125k a year. Got lucky with just a pgy-1. According to salary.com, the average around the area for that position is 115k, not sure I believe that low of a number.
 
Signed on as pharmacy manager at a small hospital near san Antonio for 125k a year. Got lucky with just a pgy-1. According to salary.com, the average around the area for that position is 115k, not sure I believe that low of a number.

Welcome to texas punk.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad