My Whole Life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who were accepted today and for those that are soon to be accepted....I was wondering how people felt... I am still speechless... I feel as though I have been waiting for this my whole life....my emotions are all over the place....I am so happy, but I am focusing on the tasks and road in front of me....I am also really humbled by the responsibilities that I feel I have been given.... and I will not let people down... I am also feeling a renewed spirit for making a real difference, an impact on others... it still amazes me though you work so hard for a single moment, that is bound to change you forever... I wish everyone the best, and I hope to hear that everyone gets into their dream school.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations, you post made me want to cry. I hope to b feeling what you are feeling soon. I am waitlisted at the two schools I've visited so far. You HAVE been given a huge responsibility...use it wisely and always remember even after years of practicing, the way you feel RIGHT NOW. THEN, you will be a fantastic physician I am sure.

Best wishes and congrats once again.

is it really horrible that it was anticlimactic for me? i got two acceptances today and was just kind of like "yeah, okay." i didn't get super excited, and i'm still not super excited. i guess it's because they are both my "backup" schools, so to speak, and the schools i'd really really like to attend i haven't gotten interviews at yet. i also feel really ashamed for feeling this way, but i can't help it, especially after reading sdn for an hour. i really hope this doesn't mean that i am a horrible person:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who were accepted today and for those that are soon to be accepted....I was wondering how people felt... I am still speechless... I feel as though I have been waiting for this my whole life....my emotions are all over the place....I am so happy, but I am focusing on the tasks and road in front of me....I am also really humbled by the responsibilities that I feel I have been given.... and I will not let people down... I am also feeling a renewed spirit for making a real difference, an impact on others... it still amazes me though you work so hard for a single moment, that is bound to change you forever... I wish everyone the best, and I hope to hear that everyone gets into their dream school.

Congrats...I felt the same way when I finally got my acceptance. Remember how you feel now, tuck the memory away to pull out when you get to med school because it will help you get through some of the longer days. And now that you have your acceptance...HAVE FUN this year. :)

Definitely a mile stone in life to get accepted into med school. My day will be coming shortly (fate willing). I think that I will feel much like the OP when I actually finish MedSchool though.