n-letter words for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know you guys are all going to make fun of me for this... but I was reading in one of the threads that one student got asked by Johns Hopkins in an interview to give one 4-letter word to describe him/her.

Well, that question really scared me because I could't think of anything... so I searched google and found this marvelous website were you can get all kinds of words fitting strange requirements like "4-letter," "3-letter," "beginning with Q," etc...

Check it out... you might want to give it a glance before an interview.

www.scrabble.org.au/words/

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: ....for a second there, i thought you meant 4-letter word as in a curse word... that's actually much more interesting, don't you think?? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, i just posted about this in another thread...i had a friend who actually got asked this. He couldn't think of any good four-letter words to say, so he said "umm...nice?"

the interviewer silently scribbled something down.

later he stopped and said, "wait, can I change it? I want to say, 'open'" The interview thought a moment, and said, "No, can't change it now."

He didn't get into that school - although the interview might not be the only reason.

some good ones i can think of: (note: they don't specify ADJECTIVES) you can desribe yourself with a noun if it fits.

-will (as in, willpower)
-hope (as in, optimistic)
-duty (as in, committment)
-love (as in, compassion)

see? it's not as hard if you (to use a phrase I hate) "think outside the box" ;)

girls = cute
guys = pimp

dope, phat, poor, rich, kind, ruff, tuff, buff, tall, ugly, left, ball, nosy, cozy, high, sick

and of course
f*ck
c*nt
d*ck
c*ck

I think the three I would choose from would be

GINK
MUNT
ZURF

WANG
POOT
TURD

three of my favorite words.

that list is terrifying. i must look more carefully later.

How about these:

punk
rock
geek
dork
nerd
meat
deep
feet
easy