Name Change to MD, DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbabott

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's opinion about this issue is... this resolution was defeated at the SOMA Spring Convention in 2010. Just to make it clear, I don't know how I feel about this issue, and while I think some of these points have reason, I still believe we should have pride in being a DO.

1. WHEREAS, According to a study conducted by the AOA in 20001, only 11% of Americans recognize the DO degree designation. Although more may recognize it today, one can reasonably expect that the percentage continues to be in the minority, and
2. WHEREAS, Numerous other healthcare providers who are not fully licensed physicians are now designated “doctor,” including NMDs, DNPs, DPTs, DPMs, DCs, and ODs, and
3. WHEREAS, Other countries (such as Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom) issue a DO degree that stands for “Diploma in Osteopathy,” and those who are granted this degree are limited manual medicine practitioners instead of fully licensed physicians. These similar degrees are confusing for everyone in the global medical community, and
4. WHEREAS, Patients would be better served if the osteopathic degree were universally recognized as legitimate. Some people may refuse treatment, assuming that the DO degree is not a medical degree, and in many countries, people may not be able to legally access treatment by DOs simply because they are not MDs. If just one patient is missed because of these discrepancies, that is one patient too many, and
5. WHEREAS, The time, effort, and money spent lobbying for unlimited practice rights in foreign countries2 and unambiguous recognition by the media3 and general public4 in the United States could be better spent promoting our unique “patient-centered model of care”5 if we had a more discernible degree designation, and
6. WHEREAS, Osteopathic physicians and students face unwarranted professional discrimination6 due to misunderstanding over what it means to be an osteopathic physician. Examples of such disparities include fewer research opportunities than at allopathic institutions, exclusion from some residency programs, the imposition of limited practice rights in some countries (only about 50 out of 195 countries grant DOs full practice rights)7, and other boundaries that separate us needlessly from MDs, regardless of the AOA’s sincere attempts to eliminate these barriers, and
7. WHEREAS, Osteopathic physicians practice traditional medicine (like MDs), with the additional valuable resource of osteopathic manipulative treatment and emphasis on important osteopathic tenets8 (which have also become accepted by many in the allopathic medical community)9 rather than pure osteopathy, meaning “disease of the bones,” as the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree suggests, and
8. WHEREAS, The title "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine” may mislead patients because it suggests that all DOs subspecialize in treating bone diseases as opposed to treating the whole person, which is our true goal, and
9. WHEREAS, The specifically osteopathic component of our education is approximately equivalent to the training of those who hold a Diploma in Osteopathy degree in other countries10, and
10. WHEREAS, Maintaining “DO” in our degree designation would respect our legacy while limiting confusion for those who do recognize the DO degree. Most Americans would probably not notice if the “D” were changed from “Doctor” to “Diploma” and people in the international community would already be familiar with the Diploma in Osteopathy degree, and
11. WHEREAS, Modern osteopathic medicine is a completion of traditional (MD-granting) medicine, not an alternative to it, and
12. WHEREAS, MDs who wish to learn osteopathic manipulative treatment and fully embrace our philosophy presently have no standard way to do so; at the AOA’s discretion, the revival of the “Diploma in Osteopathy” could lead to the creation of separate diploma programs in osteopathy with the goal of training MDs, and
13. WHEREAS, The addition of the universally recognizable MD degree to our credentials would significantly improve our ability to disseminate the osteopathic philosophy worldwide, especially among allopathic institutions, thereby reaffirming the original DO degree (Diplomate of Osteopathy, as created by A.T. Still)11 and securing its continued existence and use, and
14. WHEREAS, Despite years of the AOA advocating for semantic clarity, there is still confusion over whether we are Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine or Doctors of Osteopathy,12 and calling ourselves “Doctor of Medicine, Diplomate of Osteopathy” would resolve this linguistic conundrum, and
15. WHEREAS, A dual MD, DO, Doctor of Medicine, Diploma in Osteopathy degree would properly convey that osteopathic physicians not only possess similar medical training to our allopathic counterparts, but also have the additional knowledge of osteopathic principles and practice13 and
16. WHEREAS, The implementation of such a dual degree would, by default, discourage any COMs from choosing to offer separate MD-granting pathways at the expense of the osteopathic community14, and
17. WHEREAS, The more effective communication of osteopathic physicians’ extensive training by use of the dual degree designation has the potential for being crucial to preserving the osteopathic family’s autonomy. A dual MD, DO degree could prevent inappropriate associations between osteopathic physicians and limited-practice professionals15 by making it easier for the AOA to educate the MD-conscious public about the many
benefits of osteopathic principles and practice, thereby giving all osteopathic physicians the universal recognition that they rightfully deserve, and
18. WHEREAS, With the aid of the internet, polling the osteopathic community on this issue would be relatively straightforward and cost-effective, and
19. WHEREAS, Conducting a poll regarding degree designation possibilities would help the AOA to determine what the majority of osteopathic physicians and students think about degree change, allowing the AOA to make an informed decision that brings closure to this recurring issue, therefore be it
20. RESOLVED, That the AOA will explore the possible creation of a dual MD, DO degree (Doctor of Medicine, Diploma in Osteopathy) to replace the current DO degree. Within one year of this resolution’s passing, the AOA will conduct a poll of osteopathic medical students and physicians who are AOA members about keeping the current DO degree or changing it to the proposed MD, DO degree, in the tradition of A.T. Still. A committee consisting of both osteopathic medical students and physicians will be established to oversee and evaluate the polling process and to investigate the logistics of degree change. If a simple majority of osteopathic physicians and students vote to change the degree to MD, DO, then the AOA will officially recommend to all COMs that the degree be changed, and will support and facilitate the process of changing the degree in an efficient manner. Current DOs and OMSs may opt to either maintain the present DO degree or accept the new MD, DO degree. COMs may preserve their identities as “Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.”

http://www.eyedrd.org/2010/12/resolution-calling-for-degree.html

Members don't see this ad.

This nonsense again?

I'm sorry if it's nonsense, someone just sent me the link so I wanted to know more about it. If it's nonsense then thats fine we can just leave it at that, I just haven't seen this topic talked about.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just haven't seen this topic talked about.

we have ... we have.

Do a quick search, you'll find plenty of debate regarding a degree change (which will likely never happen) on these (and other) boards.

This is pretty much the zombie topic of this forum. No matter how many times it's discussed and dies off, it keeps reanimating itself, forever stumbling about the osteopathic form on SDN in search of fresh brains.

Do a search at the top for "DO Degree change" among others, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads.

Or just take my word for it: It ain't gonna happen.

This is pretty much the zombie topic of this forum. No matter how many times it's discussed and dies off, it keeps reanimating itself, forever stumbling about the osteopathic form on SDN in search of fresh brains.

Do a search at the top for "DO Degree change" among others, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads.

Or just take my word for it: It ain't gonna happen.

You have to kill the brain.

NewThreadCatButton2.gif

everyone realizes that this EXACT article was cited in a post a few months ago.

in 118 years DO's have proven that we can cure low back pain with slighlty better efficacy than ASA and rest. Whats next........We dont deserve an MD distinction because neither we nor our leadership have spent a dime or a minute to do ligit research or to expand osteopathy in a responsible manner that doesnt get us laughed at like cranial-sacral quacks. Why not cure cancer....there are bigger problems in the world than a + sphinx test. My schools osteopathic text still has photos from the vietnam war era. we need to scrap the whole thing and go buy a 45$ Russian MD.....we lost.....we cant prove we have anything to add to an MD world post toradol.
To complete the point I just finished a rotation with an osteopath who told me he can palpate heart wall hypokenesis in MI....which he procalimed is after all...faster than waiting around for "those enzymes."
I rest.

Members don't see this ad :)
in 118 years DO's have proven that we can cure low back pain with slighlty better efficacy than ASA and rest. Whats next........We dont deserve an MD distinction because neither we nor our leadership have spent a dime or a minute to do ligit research or to expand osteopathy in a responsible manner that doesnt get us laughed at like cranial-sacral quacks. Why not cure cancer....there are bigger problems in the world than a + sphinx test. My schools osteopathic text still has photos from the vietnam war era. we need to scrap the whole thing and go buy a 45$ Russian MD.....we lost.....we cant prove we have anything to add to an MD world post toradol.
To complete the point I just finished a rotation with an osteopath who told me he can palpate heart wall hypokenesis in MI....which he procalimed is after all...faster than waiting around for "those enzymes."
I rest.

lol wut :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Keep the DO degree. We didn't earn 2 doctorates, so why the "MD, DO"?

Focus on Osteo GME. That's the lifeblood and future of the DO profession. ACGME is gonna slam the hammer on DOs before you know it, in fact, it's already happened with limiting away rotations for DO students @ MD institutions.

Just curious what everyone's opinion about this issue is... this resolution was defeated at the SOMA Spring Convention in 2010. Just to make it clear, I don't know how I feel about this issue, and while I think some of these points have reason, I still believe we should have pride in being a DO.

1. WHEREAS, According to a study conducted by the AOA in 20001, only 11% of Americans recognize the DO degree designation. Although more may recognize it today, one can reasonably expect that the percentage continues to be in the minority, and
2. WHEREAS, Numerous other healthcare providers who are not fully licensed physicians are now designated “doctor,” including NMDs, DNPs, DPTs, DPMs, DCs, and ODs, and
3. WHEREAS, Other countries (such as Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom) issue a DO degree that stands for “Diploma in Osteopathy,” and those who are granted this degree are limited manual medicine practitioners instead of fully licensed physicians. These similar degrees are confusing for everyone in the global medical community, and
4. WHEREAS, Patients would be better served if the osteopathic degree were universally recognized as legitimate. Some people may refuse treatment, assuming that the DO degree is not a medical degree, and in many countries, people may not be able to legally access treatment by DOs simply because they are not MDs. If just one patient is missed because of these discrepancies, that is one patient too many, and
5. WHEREAS, The time, effort, and money spent lobbying for unlimited practice rights in foreign countries2 and unambiguous recognition by the media3 and general public4 in the United States could be better spent promoting our unique “patient-centered model of care”5 if we had a more discernible degree designation, and
6. WHEREAS, Osteopathic physicians and students face unwarranted professional discrimination6 due to misunderstanding over what it means to be an osteopathic physician. Examples of such disparities include fewer research opportunities than at allopathic institutions, exclusion from some residency programs, the imposition of limited practice rights in some countries (only about 50 out of 195 countries grant DOs full practice rights)7, and other boundaries that separate us needlessly from MDs, regardless of the AOA’s sincere attempts to eliminate these barriers, and
7. WHEREAS, Osteopathic physicians practice traditional medicine (like MDs), with the additional valuable resource of osteopathic manipulative treatment and emphasis on important osteopathic tenets8 (which have also become accepted by many in the allopathic medical community)9 rather than pure osteopathy, meaning “disease of the bones,” as the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree suggests, and
8. WHEREAS, The title "Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine” may mislead patients because it suggests that all DOs subspecialize in treating bone diseases as opposed to treating the whole person, which is our true goal, and
9. WHEREAS, The specifically osteopathic component of our education is approximately equivalent to the training of those who hold a Diploma in Osteopathy degree in other countries10, and
10. WHEREAS, Maintaining “DO” in our degree designation would respect our legacy while limiting confusion for those who do recognize the DO degree. Most Americans would probably not notice if the “D” were changed from “Doctor” to “Diploma” and people in the international community would already be familiar with the Diploma in Osteopathy degree, and
11. WHEREAS, Modern osteopathic medicine is a completion of traditional (MD-granting) medicine, not an alternative to it, and
12. WHEREAS, MDs who wish to learn osteopathic manipulative treatment and fully embrace our philosophy presently have no standard way to do so; at the AOA’s discretion, the revival of the “Diploma in Osteopathy” could lead to the creation of separate diploma programs in osteopathy with the goal of training MDs, and
13. WHEREAS, The addition of the universally recognizable MD degree to our credentials would significantly improve our ability to disseminate the osteopathic philosophy worldwide, especially among allopathic institutions, thereby reaffirming the original DO degree (Diplomate of Osteopathy, as created by A.T. Still)11 and securing its continued existence and use, and
14. WHEREAS, Despite years of the AOA advocating for semantic clarity, there is still confusion over whether we are Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine or Doctors of Osteopathy,12 and calling ourselves “Doctor of Medicine, Diplomate of Osteopathy” would resolve this linguistic conundrum, and
15. WHEREAS, A dual MD, DO, Doctor of Medicine, Diploma in Osteopathy degree would properly convey that osteopathic physicians not only possess similar medical training to our allopathic counterparts, but also have the additional knowledge of osteopathic principles and practice13 and
16. WHEREAS, The implementation of such a dual degree would, by default, discourage any COMs from choosing to offer separate MD-granting pathways at the expense of the osteopathic community14, and
17. WHEREAS, The more effective communication of osteopathic physicians’ extensive training by use of the dual degree designation has the potential for being crucial to preserving the osteopathic family’s autonomy. A dual MD, DO degree could prevent inappropriate associations between osteopathic physicians and limited-practice professionals15 by making it easier for the AOA to educate the MD-conscious public about the many
benefits of osteopathic principles and practice, thereby giving all osteopathic physicians the universal recognition that they rightfully deserve, and
18. WHEREAS, With the aid of the internet, polling the osteopathic community on this issue would be relatively straightforward and cost-effective, and
19. WHEREAS, Conducting a poll regarding degree designation possibilities would help the AOA to determine what the majority of osteopathic physicians and students think about degree change, allowing the AOA to make an informed decision that brings closure to this recurring issue, therefore be it
20. RESOLVED, That the AOA will explore the possible creation of a dual MD, DO degree (Doctor of Medicine, Diploma in Osteopathy) to replace the current DO degree. Within one year of this resolution’s passing, the AOA will conduct a poll of osteopathic medical students and physicians who are AOA members about keeping the current DO degree or changing it to the proposed MD, DO degree, in the tradition of A.T. Still. A committee consisting of both osteopathic medical students and physicians will be established to oversee and evaluate the polling process and to investigate the logistics of degree change. If a simple majority of osteopathic physicians and students vote to change the degree to MD, DO, then the AOA will officially recommend to all COMs that the degree be changed, and will support and facilitate the process of changing the degree in an efficient manner. Current DOs and OMSs may opt to either maintain the present DO degree or accept the new MD, DO degree. COMs may preserve their identities as “Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine.”

http://www.eyedrd.org/2010/12/resolution-calling-for-degree.html

in todays edition of osteopathetic...

Why is it that we constantly refer to AT Still like hes Jesus? Should I be in aww of a professor who learned from one of AT's decendants? IS the medicine AT performed somehow better than todays weak tot action osteopaths? Greenman this....Southerland that.....Fryette blah blah.......

the only osteopath I care to learn from is Savarese.

Focus on Osteo GME. That's the lifeblood and future of the DO profession.

Agreed X 1,000

Furthermore, I've feared for a while that the electronic application for rotation thing that's only available to LCME students was the first little negative nudge, and I'm hoping it doesn't progress from there.

Agreed X 1,000

Furthermore, I've feared for a while that the electronic application for rotation thing that's only available to LCME students was the first little negative nudge, and I'm hoping it doesn't progress from there.

What's the deal with this? Is there a thread that discussed this topic?

sorry thread police, i decided to create my own rant on cranial if you care to follow.

Keep the DO degree. We didn't earn 2 doctorates, so why the "MD, DO"?

Focus on Osteo GME. That's the lifeblood and future of the DO profession. ACGME is gonna slam the hammer on DOs before you know it, in fact, it's already happened with limiting away rotations for DO students @ MD institutions.

A lot of DOs have no interest in Osteo GME because they say they're not to par. For me, location is a factor so I'd only be interested in a couple unless they branch out.

I didn't realize it applied to Canadian schools as well. Hmm ... so is there any chance that this service will be opened up to DO students eventually, or are we to assume that it's a way to keep rotation spots for LCME MD students??

I have no idea. I just keep telling myself I will be done relatively soon and wont have to deal with the BS, hopefully. FWIW I recently scheduled an away elective at a dually accredited program and for DOs a paper application was used but MDs had to use the service.

Not being able to use VSAS is a blessing in disguise. A bunch of MD schools have already jumped ship. I am having NO trouble so far in getting rotations at MD schools (other than the ones that specifically don't take DO students-a couple of which took DO residents. go figure...)

I agree with Coastie (but forgot to click the include original post)- we are only earning one degree. They could make the degrees MD-A (allopathic) and MD-O (osteopathic). If the MDs didn't want the -A they could just stay MD and DOs could be MD-O. Just a thought.

I agree with Coastie (but forgot to click the include original post)- we are only earning one degree. They could make the degrees MD-A (allopathic) and MD-O (osteopathic). If the MDs didn't want the -A they could just stay MD and DOs could be MD-O. Just a thought.

I just got accepted to my local Osteopathic school and started reading this forum so that I could get good advice from fellow current and past DO students. Now I get the impression that DO students spend most of their time envying MD's.

Does this forum have anything to offer the non-envious?

I just got accepted to my local Osteopathic school and started reading this forum so that I could get good advice from fellow current and past DO students. Now I get the impression that DO students spend most of their time envying MD's.

IDK about others, but I have rarely seen that. I've got my DO pride and I spend most of my extracurricular time around MD students. I think its awesome that they always seem so impressed by osteopathic manipulations. Something I sort of take for granted and find rather obvious and dull. Its a cool dynamic.

But I pretty rarely see any MD envy, and usually its only people talking in jest, or people with >20 posts (aka accounts that wont be on here for long, usually made just to troll or to give a very uninformed opinion)

In response to a high level of interest about the topic, an informal survey was attempted to gauge opinion whether a formal polling about the degree change should be established. The survey was posted in the student doctor forums and the Facebook sites of the osteopathic and allopathic communities.
[URL removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being able to use VSAS is a blessing in disguise. A bunch of MD schools have already jumped ship. I am having NO trouble so far in getting rotations at MD schools (other than the ones that specifically don't take DO students-a couple of which took DO residents. go figure...)

Which programs won't take DO students?

I'd go to OSU in a heart beat (if that means anything). You won't get any flack (regardless) and that's a solid education.

I'd go to OSU in a heart beat (if that means anything). You won't get any flack (regardless) and that's a solid education.

I really like the school. I like this town. I like the attitude of the people that I met. Mostly, I really like them because they first liked me.

As for the schools that rejected me. Sneer, they weren't worth it any way. Sneer. Even their interview lunch tasted bad. Sneer, I say again.

Reactions: 1 user
I really like the school. I like this town. I like the attitude of the people that I met. Mostly, I really like them because they first liked me.

As for the schools that rejected me. Sneer, they weren't worth it any way. Sneer. Even their interview lunch tasted bad. Sneer, I say again.

Hahaha. Interview lunch is a huge factor. Good luck with your decision and starting school in the Fall!

In response toa high level of interest about the topic, an informal survey was attempted to gauge opinion whether a formal polling about the degree change should be established. The survey was posted in the student doctor forums and the Facebook sites of the osteopathic and allopathic communities.
http://www.eyedrd.org/2010/12/analysis-of-informal-polling-results-of.html

While the topics you bring up are interesting, they seem self serving when you keep actively linking your website. A good proportion of your threads and your posts have at least one link to your blog and I encourage you to post for posting sake at some point before I decide it'd be to my self interest to report you for spamming your vomit all over this site.

Last edited:
While the topics you bring up are interesting, they seem self serving when you keep actively linking your website. A good proportion of your threads and your posts have at least one link to your blog and I encourage you to post for posting sake at some point before I decide it'd be to my self interest to report you for spamming your vomit all over this site.

self-serving is a harsh word because exposing my identity, i will make ennemies. Besides, my commentaries are usually well-researched, dont you think it should be stored at a owner site. It is a free country. If you take the time to write and publish your commentaries and make no money at all. Then you can know the feelings.

it sounds like you dont like me even though you like my topics...how ironic? if you dont like the topics then dont read them! This attitude smells censorship because you dont like what you hear.

Last edited:

This is from the monitor Dr.MOM Please use links instead of posting article content
We are asking that you post only the link to any article you wish to discuss rather that cutting/pasting the article or part of the article and putting a link. There are some news agencies who are starting to sue over reposting of articles claiming copyright violations. This is not the case with links to articles, just reposting article content.

Basically, if you post an article or part of an article, we are going to remove it and simply leave the link, so just stick to the links.

i bet you must be a TCOM student wishing for an untmd school.

Thanks!

self-serving is a harsh word because exposing my identity, i will make ennemies. Besides, my commentaries are usually well-researched, dont you think it should be stored at a owner site. It is a free country. If you take the time to write and publish your commentaries and make no money at all. Then you can know the feelings.

it sounds like you dont like me even though you like my topics...how ironic? if you dont like the topics then dont read them! This attitude smells censorship because you dont like what you hear.
This is from the monitor Dr.MOM Please use links instead of posting article content
We are asking that you post only the link to any article you wish to discuss rather that cutting/pasting the article or part of the article and putting a link. There are some news agencies who are starting to sue over reposting of articles claiming copyright violations. This is not the case with links to articles, just reposting article content.

Basically, if you post an article or part of an article, we are going to remove it and simply leave the link, so just stick to the links.

i bet you must be a TCOM student wishing for an untmd school.

Thanks!
This has nothing to do with your commentaries and has everything to do with you using SDN's traffic to promote your website/blog. Someone redirects to your blog and sees your nice picture and voila! more business for Dr DeLengocky, either by your website or your medical practice, all thanks to SDN. That is what I mean by self-serving. Whereas if you wanted to post an opinion you could directly write one on this site and perhaps put your website in the signature page so that you don't come off as a spammer.

And Dr Mom's quote has to do with taking the written work of a company and reposting it, like RetinaTazer posting a NYT article not written by RetinaTazer on SDN. That would be cause for litigation since NYT requires a subscription and if people haven't paid for an article they shouldn't read it for free. NOW, and bear with me here Dr Fancy Surgeon, if you were to write an article and post that article on SDN, there would be no cause for litigation would there? Why? Because you willingly posted it and whereas news agencies have sought after content and would like that content to generate money instead of being posted on message boards for free, no one knows about your content and you are posting your links on message boards for the purpose of generating money.

Anyways, it irritates me and I thought I'd point it out to everyone.

PS Censorship would be if I was the government and took your blog down.

This has nothing to do with your commentaries and has everything to do with you using SDN's traffic to promote your website/blog. Someone redirects to your blog and sees your nice picture and voila! more business for Dr DeLengocky, either by your website or your medical practice, all thanks to SDN. That is what I mean by self-serving. Whereas if you wanted to post an opinion you could directly write one on this site and perhaps put your website in the signature page so that you don't come off as a spammer.

And Dr Mom's quote has to do with taking the written work of a company and reposting it, like RetinaTazer posting a NYT article not written by RetinaTazer on SDN. That would be cause for litigation since NYT requires a subscription and if people haven't paid for an article they shouldn't read it for free. NOW, and bear with me here Dr Fancy Surgeon, if you were to write an article and post that article on SDN, there would be no cause for litigation would there? Why? Because you willingly posted it and whereas news agencies have sought after content and would like that content to generate money instead of being posted on message boards for free, no one knows about your content and you are posting your links on message boards for the purpose of generating money.

Anyways, it irritates me and I thought I'd point it out to everyone.

PS Censorship would be if I was the government and took your blog down.

Hmhm...my blog website is blog of medical, osteopathic, societal and international issues of Tayson DeLengocky, D.O., vitreo-retinal surgeon

There is no advertisement of my practice and where i do practice. It does not even mention if i accepted any new patients. You only see the picture of me if you look for "about"

it is a 2 way street, i have contributed to the debate in this forum since 2009 that drives the readership in the forums. And you know the reason i started the blog 3 months ago.

Hmhm...my blog website is blog of medical, osteopathic, societal and international issues of Tayson DeLengocky, D.O., vitreo-retinal surgeon

There is no advertisement of my practice and where i do practice. It does not even mention if i accepted any new patients. You only see the picture of me if you look for "about"

it is a 2 way street, i have contributed to the debate in this forum since 2009 that drives the readership in the forums. And you know the reason i started the blog 3 months ago.

You are using a high-traffic website (SDN) to promote your relatively low-traffic blog. While you may not be violating any of the board's terms of service, simply posting links to your blog is far from being a meaningful "contributor" to SDN.

And I hope you honestly don't believe that your blog doesn't serve as an advertisement for you and your practice.

You are using a high-traffic website (SDN) to promote your relatively low-traffic blog. While you may not be violating any of the board's terms of service, simply posting links to your blog is far from being a meaningful "contributor" to SDN.

And I hope you honestly don't believe that your blog doesn't serve as an advertisement for you and your practice.

Do you see where i advertise my location of practice and accept new patients. Here is the reason of why i started the blog, even though I am not techno savvy. My friend has been helping me...

"
After UNTMD's business plan was finalized in August 2010, I have tried to submit op-eds, along with well-researched documents, several times to the Fort Worth Business Press for consideration for publication. For unknown reasons, maybe the topics of physician shortage and a new medical school were irrelevant or old news to the local newspapers, my three to four attempts at submission were ignored. There was not even a courteous reply of rejection.

was then established in October in 2010 in an attempt to bring these issues to the public. The site provides a forum for discussion of a wide range of issues, including medical/osteopathic, eye, societal and international affairs."
[URL = removed]

You can see issue drive blog...so where is the advertisement?

Another reason, the domain name was chosen by my IT friend bc there are about 60,000 search for eye doc on google. That was why he made me to choose the domain name and off course i had to put my name after the eye doc. Also, what is wrong of having a blog to promote my minority DO profession to the public? while others keep whining there is lack of public recognition of our DO degree title. I promoted our profession in the local community, http://www.peoriamagazines.com/ibi/2010/oct/osteopathic-medicine-rise, published in oct 2010.

Anyone doesn't like my stand or opposition to discrimination against DO and try to attack me on self-promotion.

If you read my post of one-month old [URL removed] I did not forget to thank the traffic from SDN.

I think there is a new henchman outthere:)

Do you see where i advertise my location of practice and accept new patients...

...You can see issue drive blog...so where is the advertisement?

From the "about" page on your blog:

"My name is Tayson DeLengocky. I am double-fellowship trained in vitreo-retinal surgery and neuro-ophthalmology, currently practices vitreo-retinal surgery in Peoria, IL. Being an osteopathic physician, I take a holistic approach in treating eye diseases. i believe that the vast majority of blindness is treatable and preventable. I place emphasis on cardiovascular exercises, smoking cessation, healthy diet, and nutritional supplement."

Do you see where i advertise my location of practice and accept new patients. Here is the reason of why i started the blog, even though I am not techno savvy. My friend has been helping me...

"
After UNTMD's business plan was finalized in August 2010, I have tried to submit op-eds, along with well-researched documents, several times to the Fort Worth Business Press for consideration for publication. For unknown reasons, maybe the topics of physician shortage and a new medical school were irrelevant or old news to the local newspapers, my three to four attempts at submission were ignored. There was not even a courteous reply of rejection.

http://www.eyedrd.org/ was then established in October in 2010 in an attempt to bring these issues to the public. The site provides a forum for discussion of a wide range of issues, including medical/osteopathic, eye, societal and international affairs."
http://www.eyedrd.org/2011/02/informed-citizens-need-to-look-beyond.html

You can see issue drive blog...so where is the advertisement?

The advertising is where you post a link to your blog on SDN, causing the high traffic of SDN to head to your low traffic blog. Stop sidestepping the issue. You spam SDN to drive the traffic of your blog. Many posts you make come with a link to your blog.

You could easily express your opinions by posting directly on SDN. Posting on SDN might be seen more as honest opinion than you promoting yourself and your image by linking your blog.

Another reason, the domain name was chosen by my IT friend bc there are about 60,000 search for eye doc on google. That was why he made me to choose the domain name and off course i had to put my name after the eye doc. Also, what is wrong of having a blog to promote my minority DO profession to the public? while others keep whining there is lack of public recognition of our DO degree title. I promoted our profession in the local community, http://www.peoriamagazines.com/ibi/2010/oct/osteopathic-medicine-rise, published in oct 2010.

Anyone doesn't like my stand or opposition to discrimination against DO and try to attack me on self-promotion.

If you read my post of one-month old http://www.eyedrd.org/2010/11/were-one-month-old.html I did not forget to thank the traffic from SDN.

That's because you are self-promoting by spamming us with your links. It has nothing to do with the opinions you write, it has everything to do with clicking on your links to read your opinons.

By the way, I'm reporting that post of yours as spam. I'm reporting every single post you have with a link to your blog as spam from now on.

If you read my post of one-month old http://www.eyedrd.org/2010/11/were-one-month-old.html I did not forget to thank the traffic from SDN.

Also, you are using Google AdSense on your blog. Not only does direct linking to your site from SDN increase your traffic, it increases your revenue. Granted, I don't think you are making a fortune off of your website, but the fact is that you earn money via your strategy of placing links to your site here.

(edited for grammar)

Last edited:
From the [URL removed]"about" page on your blog:

"My name is Tayson DeLengocky. I am double-fellowship trained in vitreo-retinal surgery and neuro-ophthalmology, currently practices vitreo-retinal surgery in Peoria, IL. Being an osteopathic physician, I take a holistic approach in treating eye diseases. i believe that the vast majority of blindness is treatable and preventable. I place emphasis on cardiovascular exercises, smoking cessation, healthy diet, and nutritional supplement."

It is part of introduction that can be found on any blog. Do you see the address of the practice and do you see me accepting new patients?

KevinMD.com is a role model and i have respect for his website...In his "about": [URL removed]
" I am member of the 2010 class of New Hampshire's 40 Under Forty recognizing the state's emerging leaders, and am board certified in internal medicine. My [URL removed] practice is accepting new patients."

Let's just say that my site has been vocal and become non-desirable to some...i am glad because the message is getting and out there now.

That's because you are self-promoting by spamming us with your links. It has nothing to do with the opinions you write, it has everything to do with clicking on your links to read your opinons.

By the way, I'm reporting that post of yours as spam. I'm reporting every single post you have with a link to your blog as spam from now on.

Feel free to do the job of a henchman...you sound like one of those wanna be MD

Feel free to do the job of a henchman...you sound like one of those wanna be MD

1.)Be Civil
2.)People have a right to an opinion.
3.)You are the worst type of D.O.->It appears you have a M.D. Complex to me. Please do us all a favor and get over it. I say this due to you accusing anyone that is against you as a henchmen and then say we are M.D. wannabes. Personally I don't agree that TCOM should have a M.D. school associated with it but it is not going to change.