Names of 1 year post bac programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

rmadraswala

What are all the 1 year post bac programs in the US for those who have not taken the MCAT or any science courses?

I know of only the 2 below:

-Goucher College
-Bryn Mawr College

Are there any others?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you're looking for a smp-type of 1 year post bac, there's georgetown and bu.

BigSmiles said:
I heard they were only teaching swimming and aquatic science classes there now.

Bennington College can be done in one year or two.

Loma Linda has one but there are only about 5 spots. If you get accepted and get at least a 3.0 you have a spot reserved in the upcoming class. I talked to Dr. Gonzalez about this and he said that most students accepted are SDA and their whole aspiration is to attend LLU...so unless you fit into that category, you're pretty much screwed.

Penn can be done in 1 year or 2, depending on your desired intensity level. If you're pre-vet it's almost impossible to do any postbaccs 1 year.

RaiderNation said:
Loma Linda has one but there are only about 5 spots. If you get accepted and get at least a 3.0 you have a spot reserved in the upcoming class. I talked to Dr. Gonzalez about this and he said that most students accepted are SDA and their whole aspiration is to attend LLU...so unless you fit into that category, you're pretty much screwed.

What does SDA stand for? Is your spot reserved in the upcoming med class?

Members don't see this ad :)
NRAI2001 said:
What does SDA stand for? Is your spot reserved in the upcoming med class?
Seventh Day Adventist. Yes, you have a spot in the upcoming class...assuming you don't blow it.

RaiderNation said:
Seventh Day Adventist. Yes, you have a spot in the upcoming class...assuming you don't blow it.

So u must be a SDA to get into the program? Is this true for loma linda in general?

NRAI2001 said:
So u must be a SDA to get into the program? Is this true for loma linda in general?
No. If you are SDA you have a better chance o get into med school there, but it is by no means a requirement. As far as the post bacc goes, I only know what Dr. Gonzalez told me. That is that most people who get accepted to the post bacc are SDA. Thing is there are only about 5 spots or so depending on the year, so if there are more than 5 SDAs applying, then I'd say your chances aren't that good. But like I said, that just goes for the post bacc and not for med/dent school.

Don't forget Scripps...

University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG). Contact Dr. Cannon in the department of biology.

Agnes Scott College in Atlanta, GA. It's a women's college but the post-bac program accepts men. Crazy expensive tuition to spend on undergraduate-level classes though.

RaiderNation said:
No. If you are SDA you have a better chance o get into med school there, but it is by no means a requirement. As far as the post bacc goes, I only know what Dr. Gonzalez told me. That is that most people who get accepted to the post bacc are SDA. Thing is there are only about 5 spots or so depending on the year, so if there are more than 5 SDAs applying, then I'd say your chances aren't that good. But like I said, that just goes for the post bacc and not for med/dent school.

How do i sign up???

NO SCIENCE CLASSES? :thumbdown:

How do you take 2 Biology, 2 Chemistry, 2 Physics, 2 ORGO, ORGO Lab, and BioChem all in one year? You need Chem 1 and 2 BEFORE you can take ORGO 1!

That is AWESOME if you can pull it off. :thumbup:

Most places have a 2 year program if you have NO SCIENCES and a 1 year program if you have some sciences.

Monitor said:
NO SCIENCE CLASSES? :thumbdown:

How do you take 2 Biology, 2 Chemistry, 2 Physics, 2 ORGO, ORGO Lab, and BioChem all in one year? You need Chem 1 and 2 BEFORE you can take ORGO 1!

That is AWESOME if you can pull it off. :thumbup:

Most places have a 2 year program if you have NO SCIENCES and a 1 year program if you have some sciences.

There are some 1 year programs where you do everything. Usually u take chem1 summer, then chem 2 fall, then orgo 1 spring, then orgo 2 summer.

Totally possible. I took gen chem over the summer, then orgo/physics/bio during the school year. In fact, Georgetown schedules their classes specifically so that people can take them all at the same time. This is probably most useful to GU's post-bac students, like I was.

If you think about it, three classes at once is only about 12 credits; most colleges won't let you graduate without at least 120 credits, which means that you typically need to take at least four classes a semester. Three classes at once isn't so bad.