This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maa88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the NAPLEX in a few days. I was wondering if anyone recently took it and could give some advice on where to focus my attention during my final round of reviewing? Also, are SDN 120 math questions necessary for the NAPLEX? I only planned to stick to RX Prep calculations. Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

It'll be best to focus on the major disease states (may be helpful to know unique counseling pearls as well). Definitely read the question first before going through an entire patient case (it will save you time during the exam!!). If you're good at math then the rxprep calculations should suffice, also if you have online access to the test questions for rxprep definitely attempt those because the questions on the exam are very similar.

I used both the RXPrep math q's as well as the SDN 120 math q's. However, I knew going into the naplex that math was my weak spot. My opinion is that the naplex cover a extremely broad range of subjects, but you are guaranteed to get math. So those questions you should have down pat in order to give yourself the best shot possible.

Other than math, I would review your weak spots. If you are good at DM, HTN, cardio - then focus on other things. I recommend making a pass through HIV and oncology. Topics that you may be less familiar with and the naplex may target. I definitely got questions in both those areas.

It'll be best to focus on the major disease states (may be helpful to know unique counseling pearls as well). Definitely read the question first before going through an entire patient case (it will save you time during the exam!!). If you're good at math then the rxprep calculations should suffice, also if you have online access to the test questions for rxprep definitely attempt those because the questions on the exam are very similar.
Thank you! I do have access to the quizzes. Do you mean the calculations quizzes are similar to the naplex?