NAPLEX 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NEUPharmD2016

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since not a lot of threads exist about NAPLEX 2016, I'll share about my experience...

I'm a 2016 grad, I was a decent student in school, but absolutely TANKED my last year (seriously, my GPA for both semesters went from like a 3.5 to a 2.7 LOL) and I am a HORRIBLE test taker. But I have great time management skills.

I studied for about a month, going hardcore in the last couple weeks. Some people say they studied for a week, but I don't believe that for a minute. This exam is too important and the consequences of failing are pretty annoying (the stupid 90 day wait...)
The first 2 weeks I studied the first like...20-25 chapters? They're pretty small and insignificant. I actually typed up notes on them so if anybody wants them, feel free to ask. The most important of those are compounding and immunization - KNOW THESE. I spent like 3-4 days doing this
Then I got sick of typing notes and I read up on HIV, Oncology, and ID and I hand-wrote little note sheets (I have a note pad of like 7x7 paper). Afterwards, I read HTN, DM, HF, and other disease states I thought would be important. This process took me about 2 weeks. If you can't study every day, do every other with some calculations in between. Otherwise, do 30-50 calculations a day so you can finish that chapter in 4-5 days. Its pretty simple. NAPLEX math is NOT hard IF YOU PRACTICE. I didn't do the 120 SDN calculations because I didn't have time, but my friends said it was over-kill.

The last week, I reviewed all of my notes, mostly the handwritten ones on the big disease states. Then I took a pre-naplex 3 days before my east and scored an 80. I took a second one the next day and got a 96. BUT I kinda cheated a little and wish I didn't, I'm just super unconfident lol. It's not really a waste of money, it was nice to get a little confidence boost and to become comfortable with the time and format.

I went in this past Monday, 8/11/16, to take my test at 11:15. I had about an hour to spare. No joke, I absolutely guessed on anything that wasn't math related. Even one TPN problem I couldn't figure out and guessed. A lot of them I narrowed down, but wasn't sure of. I walked out feeling absolutely horrible. But guess what, everyone does! If you're religious, pray your heart out to pass. If you're not, go do something to get your mind off of it. I prayed. The day after my exam I went to an amusement park. I didn't get my score till Thursday and I was freaking out. I got a 109. How??? No idea, just don't freak out too much. If you can do the math, and you have SOME sort of working knowledge about brand/generics, great. After the test your mind WILL focus on all the hard ones and things you probably got wrong. That's normal. Don't try to look stuff up and go crazy.

I used RxPrep. I honestly wish I had RxPrep in school lol, it's amazing. Know your HIV brands. Know the Chemo Man. Know the classes of chemo drugs and where in the cycle chemo drugs and HIV drugs work. Know where HTN meds and NSAIDS work in the renal system. KNow as many unique side effects for stuff as you can remember. THe last question on my exam was one of these and I narrowed it down and I looked it up after and BOTH ANSWERS WERE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE MEDICATION. Like...do you see what Im talking about?! Crazy.

Anyway. You'll get through it. There's a 95% pass rate. More likely than not, even if you feel like you bombed it, you'll pass. But YES you will freak the hell out.

I have to retake my MA MPJE this month though, so if anyone has advice on that, please please please offer something! I don't want to take it a third time :(

Hope this helps! If anyone has other questions I'll try to share more

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Since not a lot of threads exist about NAPLEX 2016, I'll share about my experience...

I'm a 2016 grad, I was a decent student in school, but absolutely TANKED my last year (seriously, my GPA for both semesters went from like a 3.5 to a 2.7 LOL) and I am a HORRIBLE test taker. But I have great time management skills.

I studied for about a month, going hardcore in the last couple weeks. Some people say they studied for a week, but I don't believe that for a minute. This exam is too important and the consequences of failing are pretty annoying (the stupid 90 day wait...)
The first 2 weeks I studied the first like...20-25 chapters? They're pretty small and insignificant. I actually typed up notes on them so if anybody wants them, feel free to ask. The most important of those are compounding and immunization - KNOW THESE. I spent like 3-4 days doing this
Then I got sick of typing notes and I read up on HIV, Oncology, and ID and I hand-wrote little note sheets (I have a note pad of like 7x7 paper). Afterwards, I read HTN, DM, HF, and other disease states I thought would be important. This process took me about 2 weeks. If you can't study every day, do every other with some calculations in between. Otherwise, do 30-50 calculations a day so you can finish that chapter in 4-5 days. Its pretty simple. NAPLEX math is NOT hard IF YOU PRACTICE. I didn't do the 120 SDN calculations because I didn't have time, but my friends said it was over-kill.

The last week, I reviewed all of my notes, mostly the handwritten ones on the big disease states. Then I took a pre-naplex 3 days before my east and scored an 80. I took a second one the next day and got a 96. BUT I kinda cheated a little and wish I didn't, I'm just super unconfident lol. It's not really a waste of money, it was nice to get a little confidence boost and to become comfortable with the time and format.

I went in this past Monday, 8/11/16, to take my test at 11:15. I had about an hour to spare. No joke, I absolutely guessed on anything that wasn't math related. Even one TPN problem I couldn't figure out and guessed. A lot of them I narrowed down, but wasn't sure of. I walked out feeling absolutely horrible. But guess what, everyone does! If you're religious, pray your heart out to pass. If you're not, go do something to get your mind off of it. I prayed. The day after my exam I went to an amusement park. I didn't get my score till Thursday and I was freaking out. I got a 109. How??? No idea, just don't freak out too much. If you can do the math, and you have SOME sort of working knowledge about brand/generics, great. After the test your mind WILL focus on all the hard ones and things you probably got wrong. That's normal. Don't try to look stuff up and go crazy.

I used RxPrep. I honestly wish I had RxPrep in school lol, it's amazing. Know your HIV brands. Know the Chemo Man. Know the classes of chemo drugs and where in the cycle chemo drugs and HIV drugs work. Know where HTN meds and NSAIDS work in the renal system. KNow as many unique side effects for stuff as you can remember. THe last question on my exam was one of these and I narrowed it down and I looked it up after and BOTH ANSWERS WERE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE MEDICATION. Like...do you see what Im talking about?! Crazy.

Anyway. You'll get through it. There's a 95% pass rate. More likely than not, even if you feel like you bombed it, you'll pass. But YES you will freak the hell out.

I have to retake my MA MPJE this month though, so if anyone has advice on that, please please please offer something! I don't want to take it a third time :(

HI! I'm taking my NAPLEX in a couple of weeks. I would love to have your notes on chapters 20-25. This will be my second time testing the exam and I'm terrify. I ran out of time and didn't finish the exam. It was mostly due to spending too much time on the calculations. Any tips would help! TY! email : [email protected]

Last edited:

Hi there! I was wondering if you could send the notes to [email protected] ? I really appreciate it!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi can you please send me your notes [email protected]. thank you

Can I also get a copy of your notes. Email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)

hello, i would love to use your notes, i have failed naplex once and now i have to take the new version. any type of notes would help a ton. thank you so much

Hello, I really appreciate your comments. I am going to take the NAPLEX soon. Could you please share with me your notes please. My email is [email protected] Thank you in advance for your response.

hello can u pls send me ur notes at [email protected]

Do you still have the typed RX prep notes available? Thanks a million! [email protected]

Hi
Can I also have your notes Thank you!
[email protected]

I just took the Ma Mpje yesterday ;( I don't feel good about so many tricky questions! I studied the pharmacist Manual, 247,94 I don't feel it was enough did you retake it already ?

Pls do send me NEUPharmD2016 notes. Thinking of taking the test soon. So pls it is a request. My email address is [email protected]
It can make a great difference in my performance and for that I cant thank you enough.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Hey guys, could someone with the notes or any notes in general please message me on here, thank you.

Oh my goodness ! Finally , I got the notes. Thanks a lot . May God bless you .
Once again appreciate your selfless favor . If you don't mind remember me in your prayers . Happy Thanksgiving !

Could u send me your notes??? It would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]

How would you go about going back to previous chapters? As in how do you fit in going back to previous chapters while revising new ones?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Your post is very helpful! THANK YOU! I would love to take a look at your notes [email protected]

Thanks for offering your notes. I would like them. Please send them to [email protected]

Thanks so much for the info I'll be taking the exam in a few weeks, pls send me your notes to [email protected]. thanks again!

Could you please send me the notes? Thanks
[email protected]