National Guard 00E67 no incentives question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulPilot

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a solid answer for my friend.

He is about to commission as a medical student (00E67) in the National Guard taking no incentives. The recruiters are telling him his drilling obligation will be 2 years, + 6 years inactive. I can't find this option anywhere and the recruiter states that there is no paperwork that specifically states his required drilling and inactive years.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Can non-prior service people get a 2 year contract
2. Is there a NG form that would list his commitment (like a Service Obligation SOU?)


thoughts on this @sb247

Thanks for the help!
 
I haven't heard of a 2 year contract for a new commission, I would expect a 6 year obligation with 2 years inactive. I'm not saying his contract can't be 2 years, maybe there is some new program for medical students, but I would encourage them to explore it more. There should be some sort of reference or memo for how long his obligation is. If they can't produce something, I would assume a 6 year drilling obligation.