Nationwide Direct Access.. will we see it? How soon? (your guesstimation?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxplanck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nationwide Direct Access.. will we see it? How soon? (your guesstimation?)

Members don't see this ad.

The prognosis as I take it is that reimbursement of direct access, which is really the important concept, is not going to happen anytime soon. Basically third payer parties need to be convinced that it saves money. I don't think they see any reason to change the current system of requiring a physician referral.

Nationwide? Not anytime soon because that would require Michigan to be on board. Here, chiros and docs are way too powerful and basically own our politicians so don't hold your breath.

One of my reasons for wanting to be a DPT is to do pro bono work. So many people have MSK aches and pains which severely harm their quality of life, and no medical insurance nor a living wage to cover treatment!

Without direct access, it will be more difficult to do this.. will need a volunteer doctor

I want to practice in Illinois and Wisconsin, both lack direct access.. I'm hoping that during my 3 years in school this will change