- Home
- Forums
- Veterinary Communities (DVM)
- Veterinary
- North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NAVLE April 2023 Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Awful I can’t sleep at night and feel like I failed
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve looked up some of the questions and realized I’ve missed several of the easy ones and kinda discouraged that I won’t pass.
I know how you feel about struggling to sleep and worrying you failed. I came home after taking the exam and spent a couple hours looking through my notes and kept finding easy questions I got wrong and was definitely beating myself up about it.I’ve looked up some of the questions and realized I’ve missed several of the easy ones and kinda discouraged that I won’t pass.
It feels like it drags on forever and is such a stressful waiting period. When did you take the exam? I took the exam on April 3rd so I’ve already been waiting weeks for results. I’m sorry you struggled a lot with time. I can definitely relate. I also super agree with you that the practice exams feel like they had shorter worded questions than the actual NAVLE. I feel like I struggled with time on the last couple sections because I was so mentally exhausted by that point.Such a difficult waiting period. I am preparing myself for a fail. I struggled a lot with the time, which I didn't experience with the self assessments or in the vetprep timed exams. The questions seemed longer.
Is the percent to get right actually 55-65%?
I guess everybody feels awful after Navle. Fortunately, I didn't run short on time, but I felt like I was randomly choosing options. I haven't checked anything after the test because whatever I find out I knew It would make me feel terrible. The hard part is the waiting game it's exhausting. Cant wait for Mid-May
It depends on the version of the test you received. Scores are adjusted based on question difficulty. But yes, as low as 55% in some versions of the test.Is the percent to get right actually 55-65%?
Exactly, the waiting game is the worst part. Mid-May is just around the corner though! Does anyone know when they usually release the results? Is it more around the 10th or the 20th? I am stressed out
I am guessing around May 15/16Exactly, the waiting game is the worst part. Mid-May is just around the corner though! Does anyone know when they usually release the results? Is it more around the 10th or the 20th? I am stressed out
Feeling more positive versus last cycle. Here's hoping for the best! Good luck!Hi everyone. I just wanted to start a thread for anyone who is also waiting for their results from the April 2023 cycle. How are yall feeling?
The wait is killing me. What are the theories for this cycle? Before noon? 3rd Monday of the month (today)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it only me who is constantly checking for Navle results? I can't wait anymore😩
I emailed them and they said they will release the results as soon as testing vendors provide them, so I guess could be anytime but from the look of it, not soon enough ugh...The wait is killing me. What are the theories for this cycle? Before noon? 3rd Monday of the month (today)?
Does that mean they haven’t gotten the scores, verified them, or adjusted anything yet?I emailed them and they said they will release the results as soon as testing vendors provide them, so I guess could be anytime but from the look of it, not soon enough ugh...
I think last year they came out around the 22nd so hoping we don’t have to wait a whole more week
I've just emailed asking about the proceedings so hopefully I'll have an update soon!
Muhammad Talha
New Member
Any updates?I've just emailed asking about the proceedings so hopefully I'll have an update soon!
Has anyone heard anything yet? I don’t want to wait any longer! It’s a constant rain cloud hovering over me
Has anyone heard anything yet? I don’t want to wait any longer! It’s a constant rain cloud hovering over me
Same the longer the wait the more I think that I’d don’t pass and want to know already
Nothing yet sadly!Any updates?
Anyone know if they would usually release results in the morning if they were going to come out, or could it be any working hours?
When they gave us the results in january it was around 12:30 but I feel like it could be anytime[emoji854]
Based on trends from the past few (4-5?) test windows my guess would be that we’ll get scores next week.
Doesn’t keep me from checking my email every 1-2 hours this week, but maybe I can more mentally prepare this week for what my life will look like for the next 8+ months if I failed again.
I’m absolutely terrified, but wishing everyone luck!!!
Doesn’t keep me from checking my email every 1-2 hours this week, but maybe I can more mentally prepare this week for what my life will look like for the next 8+ months if I failed again.
I’m absolutely terrified, but wishing everyone luck!!!
Same here. I know the results will most probably be out next week but I keep on checking every hour. Wish I could sleep and wake up at the time of results. This waiting is killing me.Based on trends from the past few (4-5?) test windows my guess would be that we’ll get scores next week.
Doesn’t keep me from checking my email every 1-2 hours this week, but maybe I can more mentally prepare this week for what my life will look like for the next 8+ months if I failed again.
I’m absolutely terrified, but wishing everyone luck!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m flying across the country for a working interview Monday-Friday. Not the ideal time to get these results, I hope it doesn’t impact my ability to work
Another day of waiting…
Anyone know the best email for them? Is it the one on the NAVLE dashboard? I might try sending an email too.
I got response on this [email protected] email 3 days ago.Anyone know the best email for them? Is it the one on the NAVLE dashboard? I might try sending an email too.
Y’all this SUCKS. I failed by ~5 points in December and feel better about it this time but honestly who knows, just give me my results 😭
Oh my god, that's like my worst nightmare failing with a close score. Honestly don't know how you handled it. Getting more anxious about Navle, just give me my result already 😩Y’all this SUCKS. I failed by ~5 points in December and feel better about it this time but honestly who knows, just give me my results 😭
Every day that ticks by starts to make me doubt myself more and more. Since Sunday I’ve had severe insomnia and upset stomachs due to the anxiety and stress of waiting. It’s so discouraging they say “mid-May” and “4 weeks post exam date closure” when they don’t mean it. Especially considering the exam this year closed on April 22nd, which is earlier than it has closed in other recent testing cycles, yet we’ll end up waiting 5 weeks for results whereas people who had exam cycles that ended later in April only had to wait like 3-ish weeks for results.
I think they will be released tomorrow. Last year the window closed Saturday 4/30 so 4 weeks (the standard window given from icva) from then would have been Saturday 5/28. The results were released on Friday 5/27, one day shy of the 4 week mark. This year the window closed on Saturday 4/22 so 4 weeks from then would be Saturday 5/20. That would make tomorrow the same release timeline from last year.
We are not on 4 weeks yet?Every day that ticks by starts to make me doubt myself more and more. Since Sunday I’ve had severe insomnia and upset stomachs due to the anxiety and stress of waiting. It’s so discouraging they say “mid-May” and “4 weeks post exam date closure” when they don’t mean it. Especially considering the exam this year closed on April 22nd, which is earlier than it has closed in other recent testing cycles, yet we’ll end up waiting 5 weeks for results whereas people who had exam cycles that ended later in April only had to wait like 3-ish weeks for results.
I was counting this as week 4 since we’re now 26 days post exam closing which is beyond 3 weeks. And I took the exam on the very first day it was offered so I feel like it’s been forever that I’ve been waiting because I took the exam so long ago now lol.We are not on 4 weeks yet?
Plus I have several job offers on the table currently and can’t accept anything until I get my results and see if I passed or not, so I’m just extra stressed waiting because I have so much weighing on me right now.
Last edited:
I am in the SAME boat. So frustrating watching my classmates go and start their new lives and I’m waiting on this dang test.I was counting this as week 4 since we’re now 26 days post exam closing which is beyond 3 weeks. And I took the exam on the very first day it was offered so I feel like it’s been forever that I’ve been waiting because I took the exam so long ago now lol.
Plus I have several job offers on the table currently and can’t accept anything until I get my results and see if I passed or not, so I’m just extra stressed waiting because I have so much weighing on me right now.
Can I ask you how did you get a job interview without passing the NAVLE first? I am a foreign graduate and I thought only after passing NAVLE we can start working in clinics.I’m flying across the country for a working interview Monday-Friday. Not the ideal time to get these results, I hope it doesn’t impact my ability to work
My understanding is that most states will grant a provisional license to graduates who have yet to pass the NAVLE, which would allow us to practice, as long as we are not the only Dr on-site. I signed my contract last year, despite knowing I couldn’t sit for the exam until April. When I mentioned my concerns to my boss about passing and whether or not being provisional would mean I’d lose my contract, he said “we treat all new grads like they’re provisional, so even if you have a full license we still aren’t going to let you work by yourself for at least the first six months.” Lol
Hoping today is the day…
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hoping today is the day…
Same I don’t think I can wait through the weekend[emoji24]
Hi I am also a foreign grad waiting for Navle results. Can I DM you?Can I ask you how did you get a job interview without passing the NAVLE first? I am a foreign graduate and I thought only after passing NAVLE we can start working in clinics.
me too, but I highly doubt it. I think Monday will be our day, hope I am wrong thoughHoping today is the day…
Fingers crossed for today
Sure!!Hi I am also a foreign grad waiting for Navle results. Can I DM you?