NAVLE April 2023 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My understanding is that most states will grant a provisional license to graduates who have yet to pass the NAVLE, which would allow us to practice, as long as we are not the only Dr on-site. I signed my contract last year, despite knowing I couldn’t sit for the exam until April. When I mentioned my concerns to my boss about passing and whether or not being provisional would mean I’d lose my contract, he said “we treat all new grads like they’re provisional, so even if you have a full license we still aren’t going to let you work by yourself for at least the first six months.” Lol
That is good to know, thanks !!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a foreign veterinarian waiting for NAVLE results. I signed my employment offer before the results... now I can't wait for this wait anymore. I did on April 6th! It's a lot of waiting.
Did you do PAVE or ECFVG?

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided to come to Canada. I did the ECFVG. Here we have one more practical test but we can have a restricted licensed if we pass NAVLE
You mean you have a restricted license in Canada if you pass NAVLE before passing the practical test?

You mean you have a restricted license in Canada if you pass NAVLE before passing the practical test?
No, the company offered me a job, I have signed the contract but it will only be valid if I pass navle, Then, we will ask for a restricted license in Ontario and I am good to start.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought it might be today, but I think just on Monday or tuesday

I just sent an email asking if they had any updates. I’ll let you all know if/when they respond

Auto reply says:

“Please note: Score reports for the April 2023 NAVLE testing window have not yet been released. The scores will be out approximately four weeks after the close of the testing window. For those candidates who testing from April 3-22, this means mid-May. We do not have any additional information on a specific release date at this time. “

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like next week extends more into ‘late-May’ than mid-May since it’ll be the 22nd on Monday.
The April 2022 cycle got results at 24 days after the testing cycle closed.
We are currently at 27 days and by the time Monday rolls around it will be 30 days. Every day that goes by is another long agonizing day of stressing and waiting. I can’t find anything to do during the day to keep myself distracted from thinking about this. Does anyone else check their email and the portal for results every 20 minutes during the day, or is it just me?

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like next week extends more into ‘late-May’ than mid-May since it’ll be the 22nd on Monday.
We are currently at 27 days and by the time Monday rolls around it will be 30 days. Every day that goes by is another long agonizing day of stressing and waiting. I can’t find anything to do during the day to keep myself distracted from thinking about this. Does anyone else check their email and the portal for results every 20 minutes during the day, or is it just me?
I’m constantly checking the NAVLE dashboard, the documents page, and my email. It’s so stressful. I don’t know why they do this to us.

Feels like we can't do anything else. It's horrible... And we are just waiting for an online report. It's brutal

I’m waiting signing my contract for my job, but also trying to pack up my place to distract myself. Can’t do much of anything productive because I’m constantly checking my phone. Why is it like this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m waiting signing my contract for my job, but also trying to pack up my place to distract myself. Can’t do much of anything productive because I’m constantly checking my phone. Why is it like this.
Literally same on the waiting to sign a contract. I told the hospital manager I would get results this week because this week marks the timeframe for mid-May. I ended up reaching out to her on Wednesday and super apologized for not responding to their offer because I was still waiting for NAVLE results. It sucks because I don’t wanna lose this job or have them show interest in someone else because I’m in love with the clinic, but I don’t wanna say yes and sign if I fail and can’t actually work as a doctor.

Auto reply says:

“Please note: Score reports for the April 2023 NAVLE testing window have not yet been released. The scores will be out approximately four weeks after the close of the testing window. For those candidates who testing from April 3-22, this means mid-May. We do not have any additional information on a specific release date at this time. “

Even though I know the results aren't out, I want to check them every 30 min. I can't seem to engage in anything. I have tonnes of work to do but cant focus so end up staying unproductive and lazy. This waiting time is brutal

Reactions: 3 users
Well I tried calling. It rang a few times then there was an automated message to check the website or email for more information.

Well I tried calling. It rang a few times then there was an automated message to check the website or email for more information.
This is so ridiculous. And the biggest problem of wait is just to see you didn't pass.

well, its 3:10 PM in my area so I've given up hope that the result will be posted today!

Anyone know how to time travel into next week to just know the results already so the severe anxiety and stress can be over? Just… you know… asking for a friend…

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what timezone the results are released on?

IVCA website says address Bismarck, which is CDT time

The worst thing about this is I am waiting for the results in Asia so I have been sleeping really poorly for the past 4 weeks...

Now the big question is, will it be Monday or Tuesday? or Wednesday!

I hope to God it’s Monday because I cannot do this any longer lol
I will actually lose my mind if results aren’t released tomorrow. Waiting all weekend when I had my heart set on results being this week has been actual torture.

On a slightly related note, I started reading Harry Potter for the first time this weekend to try to take my mind off the (lack of) results lol

Anyone else starting to have NAVLE nightmares? I had one last night where I failed by 5 points.

Guys, will they send the results today, or what? Any guess? Have they responded to any emails or calls? I am feeling not today, but maybe tomorrow. Hoping I am wrong

Anyone else starting to have NAVLE nightmares? I had one last night where I failed by 5 points.
I had that last cycle very frequently and then ended up actually failing by 5 points so just ignore the nightmares and don’t let them consume you or else you’ll speak it into existence 😅

• Wow
It's still 6:45am in DCT time so long time to wait yet I guess?

• Sad
Guys, will they send the results today, or what? Any guess? Have they responded to any emails or calls? I am feeling not today, but maybe tomorrow. Hoping I am wrong
I’ve tried calling and emailing. Crickets.

Edit: tried calling again and got the same automated message that cuts off with a beep. I think they’re hiding from us

Last edited:
If they open at 9am then that would be in 1hr 10mins right, would they answer the phone before then?

If they open at 9am then that would be in 1hr 10mins right, would they answer the phone before then?
I tried calling last week during normal hours and they didn’t pick up. The line doesn’t seem to be set up to connect callers to a live person. You call in and get an automated message and then there’s a beep followed by silence. Possibly a voicemail but I doubt they’re returning calls.

• Sad
Scores are out!
Edit: Soon to be out?

Last edited:
Mine still says no active documents
Mine is saying the same but when I go to the NAVLE dashboard it says score report has been released. Maybe it takes a few minutes

I’d like to speak to the manager