Navy and Army HPSP requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuffDay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking into the Navy and Army HPSP requirements, and noticed that the minimum GPA requirement is a 3.5 and a DAT 19?

Is the GPA cut-off that strict? Because I took a couple of dual-credit classes in high school and made C's on some of the courses. After graduation, my cumulative GPA for AASDSAS will be a 3.49 or 3.495. I was thinking if it is really that strict, I might have to take a community college course before applying the scholarship and try to push myself to make an A in that one course to bring my overall GPA a 3.5.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, the minimums are just that, a minimum. The scholarships are getting more and more competitive lately, not that I'm saying give up, just know what you're up against and take it really seriously if you want it.

What if I told you that I can get a 22-24 on the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can request a waiver. I would advise for you to contact your local health recruiting office.

Hi everyone,

I was looking into the Navy and Army HPSP requirements, and noticed that the minimum GPA requirement is a 3.5 and a DAT 19?

Is the GPA cut-off that strict? Because I took a couple of dual-credit classes in high school and made C's on some of the courses. After graduation, my cumulative GPA for AASDSAS will be a 3.49 or 3.495. I was thinking if it is really that strict, I might have to take a community college course before applying the scholarship and try to push myself to make an A in that one course to bring my overall GPA a 3.5.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

NAVY minimum gpa to meet PA is 3.0

you cut a 22 dat and a 3.49 GPA, get accepted to a top rated school and you are in.
ask a recruiter

Info from recruiters is notoriously inconsistent. However, I am pretty certain the cut off is 3.5. Depending on how many credits you have, You might need to take more than one class to bump yourself up to a 3.5

I just contacted an army recruiter and he said the bare minimum to apply for the hpsp was a 3.2 gpa. Mine is a 3.1 and said I wasn't eligible. Anyone getting the same info?

It varies. But just tell him you want to apply and be persistent. If that recruiter won't help you then consider asking a different recruiter in a sister city... like someone said earlier... recruiters are verrrrrrry inconsistent.