Navy Dive School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZizAniE13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked through some old threads and didn't find an answer, so I'll post my question:

Down in Panama City, for the 9 weeks of dive school proper, what is the training environment like?

Is it a strict training environment like OIS/ODS or C4, with baracks style living? Or can you go "home" in the evening?

Reason is, I'd like to rent a beach house while I'm down there. That way I can come home to my wife in the evenings, and she can hang out at the beach during the day.

If it's baracks style, and I won't see her anyhow, then it isn't worth it, but if I'm just gonna be in the Navy Lodge or Gateway, I might as well get some nicer digs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I looked through some old threads and didn't find an answer, so I'll post my question:

Down in Panama City, for the 9 weeks of dive school proper, what is the training environment like?

Is it a strict training environment like OIS/ODS or C4, with baracks style living? Or can you go "home" in the evening?

Reason is, I'd like to rent a beach house while I'm down there. That way I can come home to my wife in the evenings, and she can hang out at the beach during the day.

If it's baracks style, and I won't see her anyhow, then it isn't worth it, but if I'm just gonna be in the Navy Lodge or Gateway, I might as well get some nicer digs.

Thanks!

My husband went and many of his classmates chose to rent places around the area/off-base...he stayed in the Navy Lodge which was actually pretty nice and right on the water.

He had a considerable amount of free time in the evenings and weekends and most of the other guys' wives/children lived there as well. Feel free to PM with more details.