NAVY FY21 OMFS TIMELINE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PartyEnamel123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a D3 exploring oral surgery and will take the CBSE in August 2020. I plan on applying in the FY21 cycle ending in May 2021, which is my graduation month. I understand that I cannot start residency until the next year after getting accepted. Is there anyway I can apply for a GPR/AEGD as well, in the case that I am not accepted? thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You can go ahead and take your CBSE and apply to the PGY-1 Programs in DEC of 2020

When you apply in May 2021, you will start in 2022 so you should still apply to either PGY-1 or do Credentialing.

Obviously GPR is recommended in case you dont get in so you can build closer network with the resident and staff at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
You can go ahead and take your CBSE and apply to the PGY-1 Programs in DEC of 2020

When you apply in May 2021, you will start in 2022 so you should still apply to either PGY-1 or do Credentialing.

Obviously GPR is recommended in case you dont get in so you can build closer network with the resident and staff at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate the feedback! I just didn’t know if there were any conflicting schedules preventing me from applying to a PGY-1!