NAVY HPSP Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluedenali06

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anybody have experience with the Navy HPSP Alternate list? Any chance of getting off it? I have read information on other (older) threads that every person on the alternate list is generally at least awarded the 3 year. What about the HPCP?
My recruiter has been less than helpful

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wrong forum - look for military dentistry.

There is 100% a chance of getting off the OML - I have a friend right now who got off the list in the Fall of D1.

Wrong forum - look for military dentistry.

There is 100% a chance of getting off the OML - I have a friend right now who got off the list in the Fall of D1.

I would respectfully disagree. I was on an OML list as number one alternate and was not accepted.

That being said, the Navy works differently than other branches with their OML list. In the Navy, if you apply for a 4 year scholarship and are placed on the OML list, you are automatically selected for the 3 year HPSP (assuming you aren't like number 100 on the OML list and they only have 30 scholarship available or something like that). With other branches, if you are on the OML for one year, you don't automatically get selected for HPSP for the next year, you need to reapply.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would respectfully disagree. I was on an OML list as number one alternate and was not accepted.

That being said, the Navy works differently than other branches with their OML list. In the Navy, if you apply for a 4 year scholarship and are placed on the OML list, you are automatically selected for the 3 year HPSP (assuming you aren't like number 100 on the OML list and they only have 30 scholarship available or something like that). With other branches, if you are on the OML for one year, you don't automatically get selected for HPSP for the next year, you need to reapply.
Sorry if I am not understanding correctly, but were you offered the 3 year scholarship for the Navy at that time?

I can only speak to my friend’s personal experience in the Navy. He got selected in September and got a 3.5 year HPSP with signing bonus and 4 year commitment.

Sorry if I am not understanding correctly, but were you offered the 3 year scholarship for the Navy at that time?

I’m sorry, I should have clarified. I never applied for the Navy HPSP, I applied for another branch of the military. I just know the Navy’s HPSP OML works differently than other branch's