Navy HPSP C/O 2025 Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a call from my recruiter that I have received the Navy 4 year HPSP! I was high on the alternate list so this is good news to anyone else on the list!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I got a call from my recruiter that I have received the Navy 4 year HPSP! I was high on the alternate list so this is good news to anyone else on the list!
I signed my Army paperwork so my slot on the alternate list should be removed soon. It seems like a lot of the Navy recipients are borderline on whether or not it’s the path they want to take, so hopefully there will continue to be movement for those still waiting on a decision.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My Army recruiter told me that I was initially placed on the OML waitlist but that I am now pending status. He also mentioned that this could be a "good thing." Has anyone had this happen to them, or does anyone know what this could mean?
exact same thing I was recently told. Recruiter told me this was a very good sign

My recruiter mentioned today that she hasn’t heard anything or seen anything released from the February board yet for those that weren’t already on the alternate list!

I was talking to a recruiter who told me that navy dentists make between $4000-$6000 a month. is this true?

Has anyone who got the Navy HPSP gotten official paperwork/sworn in yet?

nope. i contacted my recruiter and he said we are waiting on documents right now. he checked yesterday and they haven't been uploaded yet. i'm eager to get sworn in and worried my spot will not be saved...not quite sure if people can take our spots or not if we are just waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
nope. i contacted my recruiter and he said we are waiting on documents right now. he checked yesterday and they haven't been uploaded yet. i'm eager to get sworn in and worried my spot will not be saved...not quite sure if people can take our spots or not if we are just waiting

did you send an academic year statement to the school you are planning to attend? i had to send it to the school so they can fill it out then i sent that to my recruiter so he can upload it to my file.
he says now we wait for my commissioning forms to be sent from congress.

did you send an academic year statement to the school you are planning to attend? i had to send it to the school so they can fill it out then i sent that to my recruiter so he can upload it to my file.
he says now we wait for my commissioning forms to be sent from congress.
yes, I sent the completed form to my recruiter about 1.5 weeks ago but haven't gotten any update since then

just read this on another thread so i guess it could take awhile till we are commissioned: "The reason that it takes so long for "the documents", otherwise known as "the scroll" has to go through the entire Service (Navy, Army, Air force) chain of command to the Secretary of Defense. This not only applies to the incoming HPSP students, but every officer joining the Armed Service(s). Add to that everyone who is graduating from the HPSP needs the same thing (scroll) for promotion to O-3. As well as every other promotion across the board both in and out of the medical departments. It's a numbers situation and there are a lot of numbers needing the scroll and only one office that can approve it."

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else hear back from the Jan board that was on the alternate list? Anyone from Feb board hear? Any HSCP recipients out there?

Anyone else hear back from the Jan board that was on the alternate list? Anyone from Feb board hear? Any HSCP recipients out there?
Haven’t heard back, still on the alternate list from January board. Has the Feb board results come out?

Does anyone happen to know if the Feb board will be meeting possibly today or sometime next week?

Don't know if this is of any help, probably not, but things are obviously delayed for promotions (and probably commissions). Promotions for active duty O-4s and O-5s were delayed by 6 months.... the senate doesn't really prioritize staff corps it seems. Keep on your recruiters as that is how stuff gets done.

Reactions: 1 users
My recruiter (for Navy 4 year HPSP) just scheduled me for my commissioning / swearing in - it'll be next week via Zoom. I had also sent my school the AYS (Academic Year Statement) at the beginning of March. Her hypothesis is that they are starting the commission process for those who passed their background checks and got offered the scholarship earlier. She also says they are moving through the list, so be prepared to hear back soon!

Also congrats to all who received the HPSP/HPCP, and good luck to those that are on the alternate list!! I'm sending those positive vibes your way :)

Reactions: 4 users
Recruiter has notified me that results from the second board should be released this week! Obviously take that with a grain of salt, but this was the first time she's reached out on it with me personally.

Reactions: 1 users
Does every applicant receive the AYS (academic year statement) or is this sent to only those that receive the HPSP?

I know this thread is mostly about Navy but has anyone heard from the Army who is on the OML list? My recruiter said they usually start picking people around May/June but just curious if anyone has heard movement on the OML list for the 4 year army HPSP.

If anyone else who received a scholarship is a senior in college right now, do you also have to wait until after you graduate until you can sign the papers?

Recruiter has notified me that results from the second board should be released this week! Obviously take that with a grain of salt, but this was the first time she's reached out on it with me personally.
Has she said anything since then? It seems like no results were released this week. My recruiter is saying he doesn't know but he's expecting them any minute now..

Has she said anything since then? It seems like no results were released this week. My recruiter is saying he doesn't know but he's expecting them any minute now..
Haven’t heard either. It is my understanding most scholarships were already given out so at best we can hope for is alternate list. Maybe a slim few will get the scholarships. I think my recruiter said about 60 people went to the first board. From talking to people on here they have let some people from the first board alternate list off with a scholarship as well :/

Haven’t heard either. It is my understanding most scholarships were already given out so at best we can hope for is alternate list. Maybe a slim few will get the scholarships. I think my recruiter said about 60 people went to the first board. From talking to people on here they have let some people from the first board alternate list off with a scholarship as well :/
No they did way more than 60. I saw the list of those one the first board and roughly there was 120 people were. They gave about 57 yes, 60 oml and a few rejections.

No they did way more than 60. I saw the list of those one the first board and roughly there was 120 people were. They gave about 57 yes, 60 oml and a few rejections.
Are you taking about the Navy?

Yup, I saw the file
Interesting. I re-read some of your comments. What your recruiter said is extremely different than mine. I was told it did matter when you completed your packet. Your recruiter said they just randomly assigned you?

Did you recruiter tell you how many HPSP and how many HCSP scholarships were available? From the number of "yes" you have seen that is already more than the number of scholarships my recruiter said was available.... o_O

Last edited:
Interesting. I re-read some of your comments. What your recruiter said is extremely different than mine. I was told it did matter when you completed your packet. Your recruiter said they just randomly assigned you?

Did you recruiter tell you how many HPSP and how many HCSP scholarships were available? From the number of "yes" you have seen that is already more than the number of scholarships my recruiter said was available.... o_O
My recruiter said that the February board was a completely different board with a different set of quotas so there was no disadvantage of going on the February vs. the January. What did your recruiter say about this? If there was a disadvantage with doing the February board then it seems that would be massively unfair... I had all my stuff done since the summer.

i’m curious, can other recruiters see that a student has received a scholarship from another branch?

My recruiter said that the February board was a completely different board with a different set of quotas so there was no disadvantage of going on the February vs. the January. What did your recruiter say about this? If there was a disadvantage with doing the February board then it seems that would be massively unfair... I had all my stuff done since the summer.
Your talking about for the Navy right? IDK if you had it done since summer why weren’t you on the Jan board? Idk from my understanding there are x number of scholarships. They give them out how they see fit.

How many scholarships are there for the second board? From my understanding they gave them all out for the first board. The second board will get alternate or if people from the first board say no get the left overs.
What does your recruiter say about this?

Your talking about for the Navy right? IDK if you had it done since summer why weren’t you on the Jan board? Idk from my understanding there are x number of scholarships. They give them out how they see fit.

How many scholarships are there for the second board? From my understanding they gave them all out for the first board. The second board will get alternate or if people from the first board say no get the left overs.
What does your recruiter say about this?
Yes I am talking about the Navy. The reason I wasn't on the January board was that my recruiter realized there were some extra forms I had to sign in December and he couldn't get my packet in before the 15th so I was put on the second board. He says he doesn't know how many scholarships are/were available for the first or second board. He just said that the second board has its own quotas and there's "no disadvantage of being on the second board vs. the first". I'm not sure how true this is tho.

Yes I am talking about the Navy. The reason I wasn't on the January board was that my recruiter realized there were some extra forms I had to sign in December and he couldn't get my packet in before the 15th so I was put on the second board. He says he doesn't know how many scholarships are/were available for the first or second board. He just said that the second board has its own quotas and there's "no disadvantage of being on the second board vs. the first". I'm not sure how true this is tho.
Okay. I hope that is true. It is hard to know what is true or not. I have consistently heard different information so I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens! Good luck!!!

does anyone know the pros and cons of choosing the 3 year instead of 4 year HPSP if I am going to a 3 year dental school?

I know for the Army and Navy there is a very good chance the three year scholarships will only be available to those that were placed on the OML/ alternate list from the 4 year. I have heard different stories with the Air Force

Last edited:
does anyone know the pros and cons of choosing the 3 year instead of 4 year HPSP if I am going to a 3 year dental school?
There wouldn't be too many differences minus the payback obligation and bonus. I beleive if you take the 20k bonus, its a minimum 4 year payback regardless of if they pay for 3 or 4 years of school.

From my conversations with a few recruiters, the Jan board took 58 of the 60 scholarships. There were 60ish alternates from that board as well. So 110-120 “pro yes.” They think the feb board is not a big priority since they have so many yes or alternates from the Jan board.

From my conversations with a few recruiters, the Jan board took 58 of the 60 scholarships. There were 60ish alternates from that board as well. So 110-120 “pro yes.” They think the feb board is not a big priority since they have so many yes or alternates from the Jan board
Thank you for the update! That seems unfair to us on the Feb board that they would award that many scholarships to the applicants on the Jan board. Anyone else have their kit complete in time for the Jan board but get put on the Feb board?? Just wondering how they decided who was on what board :/

I don’t think fair to us really means squat to the military. They just need to fill up their spots. 😓

From my conversations with a few recruiters, the Jan board took 58 of the 60 scholarships. There were 60ish alternates from that board as well. So 110-120 “pro yes.” They think the feb board is not a big priority since they have so many yes or alternates from the Jan board.
Can confirm these numbers. Not too sure in the second part though

Thank you for the update! That seems unfair to us on the Feb board that they would award that many scholarships to the applicants on the Jan board. Anyone else have their kit complete in time for the Jan board but get put on the Feb board?? Just wondering how they decided who was on what board :/
I had my kit done way in advance but was placed on the february board by my recruiter because they needed to meet quotas...pretty upset that happened and not sure what to think of that