Navy HPSP C/O 2025 Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my kit done way in advance but was placed on the february board by my recruiter because they needed to meet quotas...pretty upset that happened and not sure what to think of that
That sucks. It is possible I am wrong about them not caring too much about the Feb board.
BUT the deadline for Jan board applicants to have there stuff in was about two months ago. The deadline to decided was a while ago as well. The recruiter was saying reading between the lines this is his conclusion. In short, they could have published it by now if they wanted to- that was his assessment.

Members don't see this ad.

Does every applicant receive the AYS (academic year statement) or is this sent to only those that receive the HPSP?
Just wanted to bring this question back up. Did everyone receive this document to sign?

Just wanted to bring this question back up. Did everyone receive this document to sign?
My recruiter actually sent it to me before receiving the scholarship. He wanted me to send it to schools asap since it usually takes them a while to complete.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My recruiter actually sent it to me before receiving the scholarship. He wanted me to send it to schools asap since it usually takes them a while to complete.
Thank you for responding! My school completed mine fairly quick, so fingers crossed I could potentially hear back soon!!

Feb board is out. Sounds like a lot of no and few alternate spots. Congratulations to those that received good news!

Last edited:
Feb board is out. Sounds like a lot of no and few alternate spots. Congratulations to those that revived good news!
Do you know how many people received a YES? or alternate?

I do not, but from talking to several people they all had a dat of 23+
are those for acceptances? How about alternate? tbh, I‘m in the alternate list so I‘m just curious my chance to get off that list?

are those for acceptances? How about alternate? tbh, I‘m in the alternate list so I‘m just curious my chance to get off that list?
I am talking about alternates for the feb board. Everyone I talked to was placed on the alternate list or given a no from Feb board. It seems everyone (or almost everyone) from the feb board was placed on the alternate list or given a No. I was told in the Jan board there were something like 60 people on the alternate list. So add however many from this board and that is the alternate list from my understanding.

I am talking about alternates for the feb board. Everyone I talked to was placed on the alternate list or given a no from Feb board. It seems everyone (or almost everyone) from the feb board was placed on the alternate list or given a No. I was told in the Jan board there were something like 60 people on the alternate list. So add however many from this board and that is the alternate list from my understanding.
Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Those that were placed on the alternate list from the February board, could they be place “higher” on the list than those from the January board?

Not sure why the Navy forum always blows up. Army is pretty cool too guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, just to confirm what people have been saying. No one from the February board was outright given a scholarship, only alternates and nos. Also, I was told by my recruiter that they are NOT integrating the January and February board alternate lists, they will work through everyone on the January list before February.

There were 60 people on the alternate list from the first board, and it sounds like they've already worked their way down a few on that list. However, there's no real way to determine what one's chances are for those farther down the list. If they're truly working their way through the January list first, those that are on the February list should not hold out on hearing something and move forward with other scholarships.

Things that determine alternate list movement: final candidates fulfilling all requirements to be commissioned (getting accepted, graduating, maintaining grades, etc.) and still accepting the scholarship. If there IS movement, it wouldn't happen until they know all this information for the candidates so it's gonna be awhile.

3-year recipients from this list will be chosen in October or later. Congratulations to those who survived the second board and were placed on the alternate list, and best of luck to everyone who did or didn't receive anything. It's a lot of debt, but we'll all get through it!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all, just to confirm what people have been saying. No one from the February board was outright given a scholarship, only alternates and nos. Also, I was told by my recruiter that they are NOT integrating the January and February board alternate lists, they will work through everyone on the January list before February.

There were 60 people on the alternate list from the first board, and it sounds like they've already worked their way down a few on that list. However, there's no real way to determine what one's chances are for those farther down the list. If they're truly working their way through the January list first, those that are on the February list should not hold out on hearing something and move forward with other scholarships.

Things that determine alternate list movement: final candidates fulfilling all requirements to be commissioned (getting accepted, graduating, maintaining grades, etc.) and still accepting the scholarship. If there IS movement, it wouldn't happen until they know all this information for the candidates so it's gonna be awhile.

3-year recipients from this list will be chosen in October or later. Congratulations to those who survived the second board and were placed on the alternate list, and best of luck to everyone who did or didn't receive anything. It's a lot of debt, but we'll all get through it!
You’re the GOAT for typing this out!

If there is a predental student that is getting ready to apply to dental school and is reading this, moral of the story, apply to all 3 HPSP scholarships.

Reactions: 4 users
Sorry to bring the thread off topic but does anyone know if applicants are able to apply for a 3 year Airforce HPSP when already boarded and waistlisted for the 4 year army HPSP? I’m on the Army OML list right now but want to apply for the 3 year Airforce to increase my chances of serving. My army recruiter is making it sound like I can only apply to one branch but I don’t think that is the case. Thanks.

Sorry to bring the thread off topic but does anyone know if applicants are able to apply for a 3 year Airforce HPSP when already boarded and waistlisted for the 4 year army HPSP? I’m on the Army OML list right now but want to apply for the 3 year Airforce to increase my chances of serving. My army recruiter is making it sound like I can only apply to one branch but I don’t think that is the case. Thanks.
Not the case don't mention it to the air force.

If any HPSP recipients would like to form a Facebook group or Groupme chat, feel free to PM me. It might be good to pool information over the next few years, since info seems to be so scarce.

He's lying. You as an applicant should be able to apply to all the scholarships to give yourself the best shot of being accepted. This is a half a million dollars we're talking about. He can either help you or get out of the way and let someone else be your recruiter. Your future is way more important than that guy.

Reactions: 1 users
You’re perfectly fine! And I’m glad you came to ask us lol, we will give it to ya straight!

You can apply for any scholarship with any branch, no matter if youre waitlisted with a branch already. So go for it!

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea when the sign on bonus would be dispersed? I assume it is once school starts. I heard that only half is given and the other half is given later? Thank you!

Does anyone have any idea when the sign on bonus would be dispersed? I assume it is once school starts. I heard that only half is given and the other half is given later? Thank you!
From what I have seen in past threads, it can wildly vary. Some recieved the first half a week or two after school started, others recieved it as late as 8-10 weeks into the semester. The other half is given later into the first semester, again it could vary.

Started a GroupMe for Navy Dental HPSP students. Airforce and Army recipients are welcome to join too!

GroupMe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-172303_GroupMe.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-172303_GroupMe.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 119
Just curious if anyone has heard about any movement off the waitlist?

That is the real moral of the story. Apply early as possible
And make sure your recruiter does everything he/she can to get you on the first board. I started my application last May and had everything finished by November. Still ended up on the Feb board.

And make sure your recruiter does everything he/she can to get you on the first board. I started my application last May and had everything finished by November. Still ended up on the Feb board.
Same exact thing happened to me...I started last spring and had everything completed by November. My recruiter told me that it didn't matter what board I was on so she put me on the Feb board, and she ended up being completely wrong

Second board is kiss of death it sounds like. From what i remember they had given basically everyone on the first board a "Yes" or a "alternate." Also heard the people from the first board alternate are going to be considered first... not sure if that is true.

Just got selected for the 4 year Army scholarship off the OML!

I once wanted Navy. Didn't get it but got the Army scholarship. I was disappointed as I wanted to be assigned to a marine unit. I didn't think Army was as cool until I realized how I'd never have to go on a ship for months and months. Granted, Navy has that sweet credentialing tour.

I once wanted Navy. Didn't get it but got the Army scholarship. I was disappointed as I wanted to be assigned to a marine unit. I didn't think Army was as cool until I realized how I'd never have to go on a ship for months and months. Granted, Navy has that sweet credentialing tour.
Going with the marines you would have probably been on a ship too. Credential tour can be hit and miss. You can be stuck doing exams all year or have a cool DH and be a real dentist. I will say that the Army(or any military scholarship) is a great opportunity and congrats to all that got it. Being bias, my time on a ship was monotonous, but I loved it in hindsight. You see more of the world compared to the other branches in a short period of time. Great experiences and met great people. COVID protocol obviously makes things different now.

Last edited:

From what I've read on here, HPSP is a really different experience depending on what branch you're in, but I'm just grateful for the opportunity haha

How long did it take for you to receive scroll approval/commission and start receiving stipend? I’m in a similar situation where I will likely commission after my school starts

How long did it take for you to receive scroll approval/commission and start receiving stipend? I’m in a similar situation where I will likely commission after my school starts
Did you recently get off the Army OML?