NBDE part 1: how many questions do you need to get right to pass the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EconMajor

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have about 2 1/2 wks left and I'm getting about 60/100 on biochem/physio and 70/100 on anatomy in terms of practicing on the old exams. Would this be good enough to pass? rumors are you need to get about 1/2 of the questions right to pass (with the exception of dental anatomy which is higher). I originally intended to gun for this exam and aim for the 90s but summer clinic has killed me completely with the stress and time i spent with patients....

any feedback would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

EconMajor said:
I have about 2 1/2 wks left and I'm getting about 60/100 on biochem/physio and 70/100 on anatomy in terms of practicing on the old exams. Would this be good enough to pass? rumors are you need to get about 1/2 of the questions right to pass (with the exception of dental anatomy which is higher). I originally intended to gun for this exam and aim for the 90s but summer clinic has killed me completely with the stress and time i spent with patients....

From my experience, i feel if you get around 55 u will pass, if u get above 75 u will endup with 90 and if u get 85 and above u will get 99.

indianstudent said:
From my experience, i feel if you get around 55 u will pass, if u get above 75 u will endup with 90 and if u get 85 and above u will get 99.
From my experience too, You need to get at least 75 % for each item to pass the exam. If you get above 75 it will be considered partial failure and you will have to take a partial exam. That is my current case. I got 72 % in Anatomical Sciences and I will have to retake ONLY this part of the exam.

EconMajor said:

According to the Dec 98 score conversion you would have like an 83 in biochem/phys (71 correct for 90) and an 88 in anatomical (73 correct for 90). 69-70 in micro would get you a 90 as would 84 in DA. MIND YOU THIS IS NOT EXACT but gives you a good idea of how you would need to do.