1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

NBDE part 1: how many questions do you need to get right to pass the exam?

Discussion in 'NBDE Exams & Licensure Exams' started by EconMajor, Aug 7, 2006.

1. EconMajor

7+ Year Member

I have about 2 1/2 wks left and I'm getting about 60/100 on biochem/physio and 70/100 on anatomy in terms of practicing on the old exams. Would this be good enough to pass? rumors are you need to get about 1/2 of the questions right to pass (with the exception of dental anatomy which is higher). I originally intended to gun for this exam and aim for the 90s but summer clinic has killed me completely with the stress and time i spent with patients....

any feedback would be great!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. indianstudent

indianstudent Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

From my experience, i feel if you get around 55 u will pass, if u get above 75 u will endup with 90 and if u get 85 and above u will get 99.

4. leodent

leodent Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    From my experience too, You need to get at least 75 % for each item to pass the exam. If you get above 75 it will be considered partial failure and you will have to take a partial exam. That is my current case. I got 72 % in Anatomical Sciences and I will have to retake ONLY this part of the exam.

5. DrAngie

DrAngie Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    According to the Dec 98 score conversion you would have like an 83 in biochem/phys (71 correct for 90) and an 88 in anatomical (73 correct for 90). 69-70 in micro would get you a 90 as would 84 in DA. MIND YOU THIS IS NOT EXACT but gives you a good idea of how you would need to do.