NBDE Part 1 Scores- PLEASE HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaby

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am not sure how part 1 final scores are calculated. I know 260/400 (~65% each section) will give you a pass final score of 75. But can anyone tell me high my percentages (raw scores) should be to get a final score of 90 for example?

I need to know this to be able to set my goal percentage while doing the practice exams...so appreciate your info about raw vs final scores.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems 320 to 340 raw score will get a 90. The reason for the spread is that each question is worth a certain amount depending on the difficulty. For instance I got 318 right and got an 89, and another student got like 330 something and got an 89. Likewise students with 320 have gotten a 90

thanks for your help. can you tell me how well you did on released papers before the exam? my exam is in 1 month and i still have no idea what should my goal percentage be on the practice exams!!! thanks again:)

If anyone knew the answer to that, this forum probably wouldn't need to be here. My best guess is that the ADA receives your scores from prometric, and then a big scary shaman witch doctor shakes a rain stick at them and throws mouse bones at the computer screen. He then reads the orientation of the bones to determine your score.