NBDE Part 2 class action lawsuit

Started by skynet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skynet

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We've been informed that Part 2 dental board failure rates have spiked this year by double digits. I was one of the people that failed, and with a 74 (wouldn't you know it). 🙁

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and if someone is aware of a class action lawsuit against the NBDE, I would like to part of it. Even if I pass it when I retake in a month, I would like to at least recoup the financial loss of taking this thing again, buying additional materials, and investing time (worth even more) studying to pass this thing thus detracting from my ability to meet requirements, study for clinicals, and find a job.

Such a suit would probably be a winner. The main argument as I see it is, dental students aren't getting dumber by double digit % points in a year's time, as this test would suggest. The NBDE has fiddled with the test and caused the spike. Their refusal to correct the situation afterwards (likely for fear of lawsuits from other persons scores being adjusted), places them liable for losses that are unjustly fall on those that should pass that didn't this year (roughly 5-10% of all test takers). It's a money making scheme for them, and it's fraud.

Thus, if anyone is aware of a lawsuit or a firm that's on this, please let me/all of us know and post developments here. They should not be allowed to get away with this.
 
hi there
i totally understand ur frustation n anger but at this moment we should better focuss on studying really hard to pass part 2...Aim to get in 90s or even better....cheer up...i m in ur shoes rt now...i have no options but to study like crazy.....


We've been informed that Part 2 dental board failure rates have spiked this year by double digits. I was one of the people that failed, and with a 74 (wouldn't you know it). 🙁

This is a lawsuit waiting to happen, and if someone is aware of a class action lawsuit against the NBDE, I would like to part of it. Even if I pass it when I retake in a month, I would like to at least recoup the financial loss of taking this thing again, buying additional materials, and investing time (worth even more) studying to pass this thing thus detracting from my ability to meet requirements, study for clinicals, and find a job.

Such a suit would probably be a winner. The main argument as I see it is, dental students aren't getting dumber by double digit % points in a year's time, as this test would suggest. The NBDE has fiddled with the test and caused the spike. Their refusal to correct the situation afterwards (likely for fear of lawsuits from other persons scores being adjusted), places them liable for losses that are unjustly fall on those that should pass that didn't this year (roughly 5-10% of all test takers). It's a money making scheme for them, and it's fraud.

Thus, if anyone is aware of a lawsuit or a firm that's on this, please let me/all of us know and post developments here. They should not be allowed to get away with this.