NBDE part I taken in Feb. 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Sugar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who took the NBDE part I in Feb. get his/her result back yet? Please post your comp scores and breakdown under this thread.

I took my test on Feb. 16th but haven't heard a word yet.

PS: personally, I think those questions I had in my real test were the hardest ones I ever did. I'm not trying to discourage any people by saying this. Just to remind those guys who are still studying for their upcoming tests, please think deeper and expand your knowledge beyond the descriptions on First Aid or Dental Decks.

:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I think a few people on the forum who took it in early february just got their scores. I think you should get them some time this week?

I'm actually taking them in another week and a half. If you don't mind me asking, did you find the difficulty of the questions more so than some of the later board exams from 1998-2004? I'm curious because I kinda want to just take the exam and get it over and if it similar in difficulty to the 2004 exam, then im definitely going to move it up. Thanks.

hey gunit
can u plz guide me like i have released papers til 98.after that i have 2004 pilot exam.after that booklet m and n .are there any asda released q paper between 98 and 2004.where can i find them..?
thanx

Hey, I think a few people on the forum who took it in early february just got their scores. I think you should get them some time this week?

I'm actually taking them in another week and a half. If you don't mind me asking, did you find the difficulty of the questions more so than some of the later board exams from 1998-2004? I'm curious because I kinda want to just take the exam and get it over and if it similar in difficulty to the 2004 exam, then im definitely going to move it up. Thanks.

Yea, I called ADA today. They have mailed my score report last Fri. However, post office said they probably lost it, so I'm gonna ask ADA to send me again.

I did all the released exam papers from 1998-2009. Personally, I think my real test is harder than anyone of them. 2004 is too easy as compared to my real test because lots of studying materials, like First Aid and Dental decks, have covered a lot of stuff tested in 2004's released paper since it is the biggest one ever published. When I practised on 2004 p, I got a composite score of 88(use 1998 conversion chart to score it), which encouraged me to register for the test. Anyhow, I can see the 2010 test has been changed a lot and been more orientated on clinical application of basic science, which make it harder to figure out those questions in an unchanged period of time. This is just MY PERSONAL OPINION! Some people who took the test this year, however, thought their real tests were easier than the previous released papers. Good luck with your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
i took my test on 15th dec 09 and i felt real test is more harder than the asda released test. they are focussing more on clinical aspect and it makes it sometimes confusing. anyway goodluck with your test
do as many remembered questions as possible which will help you

I gave my exam on 3rd of feb, n even i felt the real exam was pretty difficult than ASDA papers.. if i were to scale them on 0 to 10 i feel the actual exam would b scaled 7 n ASDA papers around 4.
again not trying to scare any1, but just letting evey1 get prepared for the actual day..
whn u solve the ASDA papers dont just mug up the answers but know the reasons to it, as to why this is the right ans..
n get ur basics cleared.

btw just got my results n i scored 92.:)

hey iomega, i just left you a question in another thread...but this definitely helps. thanks everyone for your input. to someone who asked me earlier in this thread, no i dont have any other exams between 98-2004. All im using is 89, 96, 98, 2004. Ive gotten the general feeling that the actual exams these days are harder than some of the older exams and that i rather look at recent exams for the content tested, not so much to memorize questions, if that makes sense.

i dunno, i'll let you guys know once i get my scores how it works out. im hopin kaplan and a right balance of stress and who-cares gets me through this.

will keep you all posted.

I gave my exam on 3rd of feb, n even i felt the real exam was pretty difficult than ASDA papers.. if i were to scale them on 0 to 10 i feel the actual exam would b scaled 7 n ASDA papers around 4.
again not trying to scare any1, but just letting evey1 get prepared for the actual day..
whn u solve the ASDA papers dont just mug up the answers but know the reasons to it, as to why this is the right ans..
n get ur basics cleared.

Nice job!!! What's your breakdown for each section? Are you a D2 student?

Nice job!!! What's your breakdown for each section? Are you a D2 student?

thanx gunit420 n dr sugar
i have posted my break up score in another thread..
n nope i m not a dental student, but would love to b one soon( am an international dentist).

Did anyone who took the NBDE part I in Feb. get his/her result back yet? Please post your comp scores and breakdown under this thread.

PS: personally, I think those questions I had in my real test were the hardest ones I ever did. I'm not trying to discourage any people by saying this. Just to remind those guys who are still studying for their upcoming tests, please think deeper and expand your knowledge beyond the descriptions on First Aid or Dental Decks.

I had the exam exactly same day with you and haven't heard anything yet! I agree that the actual exam was harder.... Well, let us keep on waiting and hope for the best! Good luck!

Dr. Sugar,

I took it on Feb 19th as well and thought it was harder then the released exams. I thought it was definitely different.... I used first aid, Kaplan q bank, & decks to prepare. I haven't got my score back but there are bunch of people at school here that took it in Feb and have gotten their scores already. Who did you talk to or call at the ADA to find out your score was sent of? Thanks

Dr. Sugar,

I took it on Feb 19th as well and thought it was harder then the released exams. I thought it was definitely different.... I used first aid, Kaplan q bank, & decks to prepare. I haven't got my score back but there are bunch of people at school here that took it in Feb and have gotten their scores already. Who did you talk to or call at the ADA to find out your score was sent of? Thanks

The number is 312 440 2811. They may say "it usually takes 3-4 weeks", but you can insist on checking your score report status.

Are you a D2 at Marquette? How's the school up there? Do you get enough patients flow and good facilities? Are faculty members friendly and helpful to students?

The number is 312 440 2811. They may say "it usually takes 3-4 weeks", but you can insist on checking your score report status.

Are you a D2 at Marquette? How's the school up there? Do you get enough patients flow and good facilities? Are faculty members friendly and helpful to students?
Yeah I am a D2 at Marquette, love it here! Where are you?

Super nice facilities here. Brand new building built in 2002, everything is basically digital.

Faculty is awesome to work with, very helpful and friendly. Couldn't be happier any where else! So far I have had a good amount of patients... Haven't had enough time to get fully going in clinic. We are scheduled a few days a week in there right now, plus we have some open time where we can go in and work on patients. Most people use that time right now for boards, but I have finished boards so I am getting in the clinic more and trying to get a good feel for things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I am planning to take the NBDE part I. What review materials are best to use?

Thanks

Hey, I just took Part I last Wed. Haven't received my scores yet, but honestly I walked out feeling pretty good about the exam. I agree with the above posts in that my particular exam asked for a level of detail not one of my study resources supplied. However, if you have a good broad base of knowledge, you can apply those concepts if you don't know the answer already. Therefore, if you have the time, I would recommend using a variety of study resources. Obviously the cards are a good start and good references. Once you master those, I'd move onto BOTH First Aid books. The study book presents the material in a very organized manner and can also serve as a quick reference. I really liked the exam book, though. The explanations to the 800 provided questions really delve into some detail and will really get you to think. Other than that...old exams, old exams, old exams. 96/98 are okay, but otherwise the newer the better. Good luck!

Hey, I just took Part I last Wed. Haven't received my scores yet, but honestly I walked out feeling pretty good about the exam. I agree with the above posts in that my particular exam asked for a level of detail not one of my study resources supplied. However, if you have a good broad base of knowledge, you can apply those concepts if you don't know the answer already. Therefore, if you have the time, I would recommend using a variety of study resources. Obviously the cards are a good start and good references. Once you master those, I'd move onto BOTH First Aid books. The study book presents the material in a very organized manner and can also serve as a quick reference. I really liked the exam book, though. The explanations to the 800 provided questions really delve into some detail and will really get you to think. Other than that...old exams, old exams, old exams. 96/98 are okay, but otherwise the newer the better. Good luck!

Hi. I'll pray for the good result of your exam. Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

Hello docs, can you please help me with answers to those questions, some of them are not clear, from my notes, but your help is appreciated..

What cancer has the best prognosis in USA?
Colon, lung, pancreas, stomach, thorax

In Candida, which cells do we see?
Mast cells, basophilic, Eosinophilic

What TMJ ligament runs from glenoid fossa to neck of TMJ passing the disk?
Capsular , glenoid or condylar?

What tooth most likely to get into maxillary sinus during extraction?
Maxillary first premolar, second premolar or first molar?

Which is most likely to have atherosclerosis?
Leg vein, pulmonary vein, portal vein, aorta, coronary, carotid and iliac artery

Which maxillary tooth has the highest distal inclination?
Central incisor, lateral incisor, canine, first premolar, second premolar, first molar?

What teeth are most straight? (Have least distal or mesial inclination)

Is lung fibrosis anthracosis or silicosis?

Are gap junctions in multi-unit smooth muscles?

Is the submandibular duct directly under mucous membrane?

Does the reticular layer have loose connective tissue or dense irregular?

Does Triglycerides form micelles in water?

Hello docs, can you please help me with answers to those questions, some of them are not clear, from my notes, but your help is appreciated..

What cancer has the best prognosis in USA?
Colon, lung, pancreas, stomach, thorax

In Candida, which cells do we see?
Mast cells, basophilic, Eosinophilic

What TMJ ligament runs from glenoid fossa to neck of TMJ passing the disk?
Capsular , glenoid or condylar?

What tooth most likely to get into maxillary sinus during extraction?
Maxillary first premolar, second premolar or first molar?

Which is most likely to have atherosclerosis?
Leg vein, pulmonary vein, portal vein, aorta, coronary, carotid and iliac artery

Which maxillary tooth has the highest distal inclination?
Central incisor, lateral incisor, canine, first premolar, second premolar, first molar?

What teeth are most straight? (Have least distal or mesial inclination)

Is lung fibrosis anthracosis or silicosis?

Are gap junctions in multi-unit smooth muscles?

Is the submandibular duct directly under mucous membrane?

Does thave loose connective tissue or dense irregular?he reticular layer

Does Triglycerides form micelles in water?

1.ans:colon
2.ans:capsular
3.ans:first molar(mostly palatal root)
4.ans:coronary
5.ans:canine(check once again)
6.ans:premolars
7.ans:anthracosis
8.ans:gap junctions are singificance of smooth muscles(multi unit...i m confused)
9.ans:
10.ans:hungover:ense irregular(dense regular is found only in tendons ligament n cornea)

n get ur basics cleared.

hi iomega congrats 4 ur result!!1 i m planning to take my exam in june..can u plzz tell me which topics r imp. 4 dexam..wat type of topics r covered in clinical exams..plzzz rply...i m very scared 2 giv d exa by thinking dat it rly tough..plz help me out..

Hi. I'll pray for the good result of your exam. Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

hi ddsnavy ALL D VERY BEST 4 UR RESULT!! can u plz tell me which r 800 ques. explaination u r talking..m not able 2 understand dat..which r latest test series for nbde part 1..plzzzzzzzz rply

i have a doubt pls help. if u take NBDE exams once is it valid for life. say i take NBDE part 1 on Feb 2010 can i apply after a few yrs?

It does not have an expiration date BUT the school you are applying to may have a limit to how old the exam can be...most I believe is 5 years so it really depends on the school

then what will happen if i apply after 5 yrs. according to the new rule i cannot rewrite NBDE if i pass the first time right?

That might be a question you should ask the schools you plan on applying to. They will be able to answer it way better than any of us.

Hey, thanks everyone for the well wishes. I got my scores back last week and here are the results:

Composite: 84

Anatomy: 70/100
Biochem/Physio: 67/100
Micro/Path: 78/100
DA/Occlusion: 82/100

Overall about 9% above the national average for the raw scores, but guess I was a little overconfident in Anatomy, hah! I know a few of you have sent msgs requesting study tips, etc. I am more than happy to give my reflections on the exam to anyone who is curious. Good luck to everyone!

hey ddsnavy...congrats on your score! I took them on the 12th and honestly i was freaking out cuz i havent gotten my scores yet, but it seems that you and a couple of others on the forum are just beginning to receive them.

Hopefully ill have mine early next week.

if you dont mind me asking, how were you doing on practice exams...was it similar to how many you got right on the actual exam?

Has anyone recently recieved their scores... can u please share your experience.

congratulations for ur 92% btw WHICH UNIVERSITY R U PLANNING 2 JOIN. well i starting the prep. can u pls pls help me in guiding for the same and if u dont mind can u mail me ur contact no. so i can be benefited by ur guidance on [email protected] thanks

hi congratulations 2 u . u mustbe on top of the world now.
well i am starting the prep. for the exams can u pls guide me how 2 start and with what should i start as i have no books with me now.
can u pls tell me that if i am wrong that now v can take exams anytime in the yr. from 2010. is it?