Nbde part1 in march 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdental1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi is anyone preparing for part 1 in march if so please share your preparation sources, thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to take Part1 exam in March'09...
I m reading DH rite nw, wat subject r u on...
Where r u residing at present..

Members don't see this ad :)
I AM TAKING THE PART 1 EXAM MARCH 2009....I AM IN WEST PALM BEACH FLORIDA ..I AM AN ASIAN DENTIST... FROM THE PHILIPPINES..PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST TIME FOR YOU TO STUDY... THANKS
:luck:

count me in,i am studying decks.
hello ayesha ,
i am an asian dentist from the philippines ... I am studying decks ,first aid nbde part 1 ,crack nbde , just ordered realeased exams... And first aid nbde part 1 question and answers justgot it in barnes and noble...please let me know when is the best time for you to study... Thanks ,
marie

Hi guys i just took my Part 1 On dec 5th 2008 and it was not good.... I am thinking of taking part 1 on march 2009 again... The Biochem was hard...The test booklet was surprisingly not so hard... ANyways count me in for the review and if my experience can help anyone happy to ans ur questions...

Hey Manila,

How was the exam?
like was it too tough?
Me planning to take this 23rd.
so a bit tensed about it..decks n previous question papers are enough??

drbeltran, i would like to meet up with you and do some combine studies as you live in florida .i live in ft.lauderdale and i am taking exams in early feb 2009.so pl mail me and let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys i just took my Part 1 On dec 5th 2008 and it was not good.... I am thinking of taking part 1 on march 2009 again... The Biochem was hard...The test booklet was surprisingly not so hard... ANyways count me in for the review and if my experience can help anyone happy to ans ur questions...
hi manila how r u.how as the exam .r u frm delhi.i am thinking of giving in june/july.which books r u ref for phy/biochem.have u also studied first aid for part1.plz reply soon.bye

Hie,
i m new in this forum and i am also starting my prep for nbde part 1 and i am looking forward for help . i have couple of questions to ask and they are if u guys are preparing to give exam in march 2009 so all i need to know is did u register for it first or its just ur estimate tht u are hoping to give exam in march 2009 ?
secondly i need to know abt material i need for preparing the exam?

Hie,
i m new in this forum and i am also starting my prep for nbde part 1 and i am looking forward for help . i have couple of questions to ask and they are if u guys are preparing to give exam in march 2009 so all i need to know is did u register for it first or its just ur estimate tht u are hoping to give exam in march 2009 ?
hi..
even iam new to this forum and new to this country.plzzzzzzz help me whr to start with??i dnt even have books and not even got my evaluations done..plz someone guide me how to do so...i will b more thankful..thanx.

Hie,
hi,
the first step u have to do is get ur credentials done ,go to ece.org u will find it and also ada.org.
all the best

hi
pls post ur timetable tat way everybody will hv access

is anyone from dallas

hi..
even iam new to this forum and new to this country.plzzzzzzz help me whr to start with??i dnt even have books and not even got my evaluations done..plz someone guide me how to do so...i will b more thankful..thanx.

First You have to send all your attested transcripts to ECE (http://www.ece.org/ Contact # 414-289-3400). And you have to put a request for them to send a copy to American Dental Association ( http://ada.org/ Contact # 312-440-2500). This would take about couple of weeks. After that you have to go to ada website ( http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde01/index.asp ) and fill the NBDE Part I Electronic Application in that and ay the fee of $264.00 using the credit card. And it will take about a week. And then ADA will send you an eligibility letter by email along with the eligibility number. Using that eligibility number you may schedule a testing appointment at www.prometric.com or by calling the Prometric Contact Center at 800-688-5804. So select the test date and test center nearest you(in Canada or USA). And after two weeks of taking the NBDE Part 1 Exam you would get the Results.

And you also have to take the TOEFL test. And TOEFL can be taken any where either in your home country or in usa.

Now you are eligible to apply for Dental Schools with Part1 and Toefl Scores along with your GPA.

All the best.

Hi,

I am also planning to take the exam in March 2009. Please let me know if any body in or near to ohio.

Thanks.

Hie,

Material for NBDE part 1 is:

Dental Decks, All Old Question Papers, LipinCott' book for BioChem, Kaplan's NBDE part 1 review, NBDE part1 firstaid book.

Hi,

I am also planning to take the exam in March 2009. Please let me know if any body in or near to ohio.

Thanks.
Hi
count me in for march 09.I have started preparing in full swing.Lets discuss timetable to boost energy levels here.Please post your daily schedule this will encourage each of us
Thanks

hi drbeltran,

i studied dentistry in the philippines? where in the philippines are you from? i did the exam and it was not good. i am very disappointed...have to do it again, but this time wiser...how is crack nbde? is it worth buying? i would appreciate your reply..

hi manila,

i did the exam on dec 10 and got 72. what were your study materials? how much time you put? i had decks, kaplan, old exams..not enough though..tell me about yours...i have to prepare again but it is really tough....

First You have to send all your attested transcripts to ECE (http://www.ece.org/ Contact # 414-289-3400). And you have to put a request for them to send a copy to American Dental Association ( http://ada.org/ Contact # 312-440-2500). This would take about couple of weeks. After that you have to go to ada website ( http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde01/index.asp ) and fill the NBDE Part I Electronic Application in that and ay the fee of $264.00 using the credit card. And it will take about a week. And then ADA will send you an eligibility letter by email along with the eligibility number. Using that eligibility number you may schedule a testing appointment at www.prometric.com or by calling the Prometric Contact Center at 800-688-5804. So select the test date and test center nearest you(in Canada or USA). And after two weeks of taking the NBDE Part 1 Exam you would get the Results.

And you also have to take the TOEFL test. And TOEFL can be taken any where either in your home country or in usa.

Now you are eligible to apply for Dental Schools with Part1 and Toefl Scores along with your GPA.

All the best.
hi my name is varun and i had completed my BDS in dec2008.i was going thru forums and i read this message of urs.plz tell me is it necessary to fill ece form .what does this ece form do .plz let me know in detail.i am thinking of giving exam in june or july so when should i fill ece form and what documents are required .plz reply soon. bye.

hi my name is varun and i had completed my BDS in dec2008.i was going thru forums and i read this message of urs.plz tell me is it necessary to fill ece form .what does this ece form do .plz let me know in detail.i am thinking of giving exam in june or july so when should i fill ece form and what documents are required .plz reply soon. bye.
r u busy.plz reply as i dont have knowledge of ECE.bye

r u busy.plz reply as i dont have knowledge of ECE.bye

ofcourse, u have to get ur credentials evaluated. ECE wants to make sure that u r eligible to write ADA. its just conversion of ur marks to US based marks.so if u r planning to write within 2 or 3 months its high time to look for ece.just check their website and ADA . :thumbup:

hello everyone:)
I m planning to take part 1 in March 2009.i m in illinois,anyone wann discuss ?

hey guys ... i got my score today ,it was 86, i wish i can get answers from people had been admitted or at least did the exam couple of time so they can give me a realistic estimate?
open to all contributions ,
gratitude in advance...

hi
anybody taking part 1 exam in march 2009.I gave my part 1 exam on dec 22 , 2008 and got a score of 82.I am not really happy with my score.I started my preparation for exam again. I started with Biochemistry.Anybody interested in subject discussion?plz let me know.

hi geetika manam,
do u want to discuss wid me?where r u residing?

Last edited:
Hi Manila i also retaking the exam in march so you wanna discuss?

hi
anybody taking part 1 exam in march 2009.I gave my part 1 exam on dec 22 , 2008 and got a score of 82.I am not really happy with my score.I started my preparation for exam again. I started with Biochemistry.Anybody interested in subject discussion?plz let me know.
hi i am intrested even i am also retaking .Took exam in dec. scored 83

im actually taking them in mid feb..started this past week..
i am going thru the anatomy section in the dental decks...seems ENDLESS!!
plan: to go thru the decks twice while using the first aid book as a guide then to do asda released exams and go thru the decks again (if time permits)...
Goal score: 90 and above...

VEry worried rite now since im just cracking the surface on the decks...tell me what u guys think..is this enough time..im gonna b studying 6 days a week with 1 day of dental office work...
?!?!?!?

Hi,

Thanks.
hi i live in cleveland ohio ,i plan to take the exam on march.where are u and how is your preparations

All the best.

After you get the eligibility number, after how many days do you have to plan your test?
thanx

Dental Decks, All Old Question Papers, LipinCott' book for BioChem, Kaplan's NBDE part 1 review, NBDE part1 firstaid book.

Hi,I am planning to give exam in june and I have tstarted from kaplan lecture notes. what is the difference bet first aid kaplan and part 1 review?
thanx a lot

Hey Manila,

How was the exam?
like was it too tough?
Me planning to take this 23rd.
so a bit tensed about it..decks n previous question papers are enough??
I think you are preparing very hard for the exam.I am giving the exam in April.So after your exam can I ask for your guidance??

thanks alot !! thts all i need to know ...i"ll appreciate if u have any other info too ....

thanks alot !! thts all i need to know ...i"ll appreciate if u have any other info too ....
well i m also planin to give d exam in june/july. but i m gna get my credentials done in march.. well bfre time.. and mayb get d result by april first week.. i m doin it early cz i wana knw my gpa. if its low..i need to put in mre hardwrk in nbde prep. sum students told if gpa is low den a gud score can compensate fr it.. NOT COMPLETELY.. but yes to a certain extent.
i gt a 113 in toefl
1250 in gre wid a 5.0 score in analytical writing(had given fr my MPH)
once d ADA receive d GPA dey won discard it.. so i wil get it dne in march. so dat even if ADA receives my appln in April.. i can register in May. So its nt a huge gap!..
dats all.. hope it helps.. "express mail"

well i m also planin to give d exam in june/july. but i m gna get my credentials done in march.. well bfre time.. and mayb get d result by april first week.. i m doin it early cz i wana knw my gpa. if its low..i need to put in mre hardwrk in nbde prep. sum students told if gpa is low den a gud score can compensate fr it.. NOT COMPLETELY.. but yes to a certain extent.
i gt a 113 in toefl
1250 in gre wid a 5.0 score in analytical writing(had given fr my MPH)
once d ADA receive d GPA dey won discard it.. so i wil get it dne in march. so dat even if ADA receives my appln in April.. i can register in May. So its nt a huge gap!..
dats all.. hope it helps.. "express mail"
i would like to add regarding buks: FIRST AID USMLE (if ur concepts are gud..give a thorough reading of dis book)
DA - Wheeler's and a gud buk on TMJ
dental decks
old papers

I would like to know the following ! PLEASE ANSWER ME! THANKS!
THE NORMAL VITAL SIGNS FOR KIDS and for adults!

PULSE rate
BP rate
GLUCOSE rate
and protrombin rate

Please I need the norms for kids and adults! Please reply!

Well i am planning to retake my nbde part 1 in march and looking somebody who is really serious about the study and would like to discuss questions. I gave the part 1 and scored 83.

Well i am planning to retake my nbde part 1 in march and looking somebody who is really serious about the study and would like to discuss questions. I gave the part 1 and scored 83.
Hi i am retaking my exam in march so if you are intrested PM me. Did you started preparing for exam? What all material you are refering.

Hi i am retaking my exam in march so if you are intrested PM me. Did you started preparing for exam? What all material you are refering.
:) hi am new to the foum and i,ve gained a whole lot already. i must confess i do feel overwhelmed but i am sure that discussions will be beneficial to us all. pls count me in but how do we discuss and when???!!