Nbde part1 in march 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdental1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi is anyone preparing for part 1 in march if so please share your preparation sources, thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

hi i am intrested even i am also retaking .Took exam in dec. scored 83
hi i am taking the part 1 in march end,doing anatomy and DA alongside,please count me in,first time here so can you help how you guys do it

hi im a 2nd yr dental student and after completing 2 yrs u can give part 1 ...i was planning to give it in august so can anyone tell me do i have to go thru the ECE evaluation or not??

Members don't see this ad :)
im from boston ....and planing to give my exam in march...if someone close to boston please contact me

Hey guys...

one quick question to those who gave their exam recently...did u notice too many formula related questions in the exam? cz im having tuff time wt some in bio and physio

I am dentist from India ,presently in New Jersey .I am retaking NBDE-1 in may.

I'm looking for a good study partner. please email me [email protected] for a good prepartaion

hi,does anyone know where to get latest test papers from.like the recent ones for NBDE part 1

im actually taking them in mid feb..started this past week..
i am going thru the anatomy section in the dental decks...seems ENDLESS!!
plan: to go thru the decks twice while using the first aid book as a guide then to do asda released exams and go thru the decks again (if time permits)...
Goal score: 90 and above...

VEry worried rite now since im just cracking the surface on the decks...tell me what u guys think..is this enough time..im gonna b studying 6 days a week with 1 day of dental office work...
?!?!?!?
Dear KitMan,

Shouldn't you be going to the dental office 4 days a week? and studying after the dental office? Just saying... Good luck on your Boards and have fun in Cancun!!

Dear KitMan,

Shouldn't you be going to the dental office 4 days a week? and studying after the dental office? Just saying... Good luck on your Boards and have fun in Cancun!!

HAHAHAHA.. this is AWESOME
btw that goal score : "90 or above" was way before i started studying hahahah so now how do i feel after a month of studying......the goal is more like "passing and above"

:thumbup: to u too dude...time to get rocked on friday...during the exam by questions and after by some don P. and sweet hypnotiq!!

Hey,

I studied Dental Decks, Kaplan and Nbde First aid and few other references that i brought along for anatomy like Bhusan, and Wheelers...

I got my score it is 85... I am taking again... This time i am using Usmle as my reference as well..

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey random question but is there a problem with studying older dental decks for an upcoming test? Say I was taking it in 2009 would it be ok for me to study the 2008 dental decks? Or is there a lot of material which changes each year? Anyone have any experience w/ this? LMK Thanks

hi there... was reading the eligibility requirement for overseas trained dentists from non accredited schools in the website and got a bit confused. just to confirm... you only need an ece evaluation report and to file an application... i wouldn't need to ask from the uni dean for a recommendation letter verifying my graduation right cause that's what the ece report is for.. right? please tell me i'm right... not too keen on flying thousands of miles back to get a piece of paper with one paragraph and a signature... =(

andy

First You have to send all your attested transcripts to ECE (http://www.ece.org/ Contact # 414-289-3400). And you have to put a request for them to send a copy to American Dental Association ( http://ada.org/ Contact # 312-440-2500). This would take about couple of weeks. After that you have to go to ada website ( http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde01/index.asp ) and fill the NBDE Part I Electronic Application in that and ay the fee of $264.00 using the credit card. And it will take about a week. And then ADA will send you an eligibility letter by email along with the eligibility number. Using that eligibility number you may schedule a testing appointment at www.prometric.com or by calling the Prometric Contact Center at 800-688-5804. So select the test date and test center nearest you(in Canada or USA). And after two weeks of taking the NBDE Part 1 Exam you would get the Results.

And you also have to take the TOEFL test. And TOEFL can be taken any where either in your home country or in usa.

Now you are eligible to apply for Dental Schools with Part1 and Toefl Scores along with your GPA.

All the best.

hello everyone:)
I m planning to take part 1 in March 2009.i m in illinois,anyone wann discuss ?
hi thr...
i stay in illionis too...wud like to join u for nbde part 1 studies...can i hv ur cell number/mail id pls..

Hey,

I studied Dental Decks, Kaplan and Nbde First aid and few other references that i brought along for anatomy like Bhusan, and Wheelers...

I got my score it is 85... I am taking again... This time i am using Usmle as my reference as well..

Good luck
hi there...
i wud be interested in joinning u for studies..if interested msg me back...

hi marie,
am annie..preparing for my nbde too. i live in boynton beach.
if you are ready, we can study together

hi thr...
i stay in illionis too...wud like to join u for nbde part 1 studies...can i hv ur cell number/mail id pls..
did u take the exam?? how was the exam...could you plz help me...if u dont mind ,plz give me ur mail id.

thanks

hi manilla.
how was ur exam, this time
if u have "2009 "part 1 dental decks, i m interested,plz let me knw

hii i have already registered 4 xams (part 1)in the ada website, but i have not send my transcripts for ece evaluation.... i will be sending it very soon..and am planning to take my part one in june or july.. can somebody please guide me... is it correct wat i have done?....

hi chithira,as far as i know ADA will not process your application until and unless they receive your transcript evaluation.They will send you the eligibility letter only when they get your ece report.