Nbmes harder than Uwsa? I need help, please advise.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xpilot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am worried, my exam is in about 2 weeks. So far...

nbme1-188 (6 weeks ago)
nbme2-201 (5 weeks ago)
nbme5-209 (4 weeks ago)
nbme4-214 (3 weeks ago)

uwsa1-224 (last week)
uwsa2-242 (last week)
nbme6-214 (yesterday)

I've been thru uworld once random, timed with an average of 67%. I don't understand my scores. I seem to be doing fairly well on uwsa but very poorly on nbmes.
Anyone out there with a similar story? I'm getting worried because ppl say that nbme6/7 are like the real thing and that uwsa overpredict.

uwsa1- 62.5% correct to get a 224 (520)
uwsa2- 68.5% correct to get 242 (610)
nbme6- 76.5% correct to get 214 (460)

What is going on here with such a drop in just a week? Seems like the curve on nbme6 is horrible compared to uwsa. Anyone have an idea as to the curve on the real exam? I really hope it's much better than the nbmes.

I 'd be very happy with a score around 220 or higher but with my nbme performance I am doubtful. Starting today to hit FA again and re-do uworld questions. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Just took nbme 3 today and got 220.
Anyone who has already taken then real exam, are the questions more like the nbmes or uwsa?

the actual questions are more like nbme. my actual step 1 score was 257. on the nbme practice tests i got 600 about 4wks before and 660 1wk before. a 660 corresponds to 258 on their conversion chart.

as for USMLE world i was scoring about 70-80% over the 4wks before the test on random timed mode. i personally found these questions to be MUCH more difficult than nbme practice questions.